Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 01:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You said communists are in favor of a police state.

I just showed you that there is a communist party in the US against it.

There is nothing to argue.
The Nobel Peace prize was awarded to someone that drops bombs on innocent civilians also. A goofy website doesn't really prove much of anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 02:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The Nobel Peace prize was awarded to someone that drops bombs on innocent civilians also. A goofy website doesn't really prove much of anything.
Hardly "goofy" and they are behind all the protests you have seen regarding social issues.
A "goofy" political organization with a "goofy" website that has deep pockets and are making inroads in creating huge divides among Americans.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hardly "goofy" and they are behind all the protests you have seen regarding social issues.
It really doesn't bother me that you are unaware that people really are pissed. I've noted this before, the same arguments were made about the Tea Party and Koch brothers. They didn't make so many inroads into elected offices because of the Koch brothers.

Quote:
A "goofy" political organization with a "goofy" website that has deep pockets and are making inroads in creating huge divides among Americans.
Don't kill people over selling smokes on the street and there is nothing to divide.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:30 PM

17,413 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
It really doesn't bother me that you are unaware that people really are pissed. I've noted this before, the same arguments were made about the Tea Party and Koch brothers. They didn't make so many inroads into elected offices because of the Koch brothers.

Pissed or not - the bulk of the protesters are being used.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Pissed or not - the bulk of the protesters are being used.
Whatever makes you feel better.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:41 PM

17,413 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Whatever makes you feel better.

It doesn't actually.

What I feel is more like pity for the protesters (especially the dumb college kids) who think they're participating in a grassroots movement when actually the whole thing has been (and continues to be) coordinated by people with deep pockets.

But if you helps YOU feel better to think that those kids out there are participating in some organic groundswell , more power to you. Who am I to insist that you remove the wool from over your own eyes.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:20 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Yep. On Rush yesterday (yikes! He actually listens to Rush!) a womqan called ni who got caught in the middle of a protest march. She said there were a FEW blacks placed ni the front, but they were overwhelmingly white. She thought they were the same old OWS rabble from earlier.

This thing is being orchestrated by the Communist and anarchist youth. The blacks are the pawns (useful idiots) once again.
Blacks aren't anybody's pawns in these protests. Contrary to conservative talking points, blacks are protesting for change, and other races (including whites) are protesting in support right along with us. I know it might be strange to some of you conservatives out there, but people often protest against wrongs together, regardless of race. Conservative causes are usually supported by a homogeneous group, so I see why this might be a little different than what you're used to...

Old 12-27-2014, 08:29 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Well I am sold, this must be true, it was on the Internet!

(P.S. You say ANSWER, but your "flaming gun" is PLP, a different group.)
Correct. ANSWER is Trotskyite, while the PLP is Maoist. While both have similar views on many issues, they don't exactly get along too well.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
That isn't what was said. I have no desire to discuss unsubstantiated claims by those simply wanting to demonize others.

WATCH: Protester Confronts Fox Station That Deceptively Edited 'Kill A Cop' Chant
I'm discussing what YOU said.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm discussing what YOU said.
You bought into the false narrative. That is your problem not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies