Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:29 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I've flipped the bird to LOTS of people and I'm an old white woman.
Hey... feel free to post photos seen by millions of people of Sasha and Malia Obama flipping the bird.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:30 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheFarSideOfTown View Post
Who have I begged for anything? If you've read my posting history you would have seen that I'm moving out of the U.S. This year in fact.
Well, bye. Anything we can do to help speed up this departure be sure to let us know.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:30 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,471 times
Quote:
If you've read my posting history you would have seen that I'm moving out of the U.S. This year in fact.
Now were on to something interesting. Personal stuff, where are you moving to?

Old 01-07-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Lol, I love how "White Nationalists" will try and use this picture to justify Trayvon being shot in the chest.
Where else would he have been shot when he was sitting on top of a prone Zimmerman beating Zimmerman's head into the ground as the forensic evidence clearly shows?

Old 01-07-2015, 11:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb How has Obama made race relations worse?

Short answer: he hasn't.

What his election has done is to bring the closet racists out in force.

They just can't help themselves.

They want their country back, after all.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:37 AM

21 posts, read 13,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Now were on to something interesting. Personal stuff, where are you moving to?
Nowhere that has a majority or plurality European population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where else would he have been shot when he was sitting on top of a prone Zimmerman beating Zimmerman's head into the ground as the forensic evidence clearly shows?
If Zimmerman had minded his own business instead of wrongfully profiling someone, then Trayvon wouldn't have been shot at all. It's because of that event that I wear a bullet proof vest if I'm going to be walking any sort of distance and why I got my concealed carry license. Because if some European prick who's packing heat decides to profile me and it comes down to him or I, it isn't going to be me

Old 01-07-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
If Zimmerman had minded his own business instead of wrongfully profiling someone, then Trayvon wouldn't have been shot at all.
How so? People are profiled all the time for various reasons, not just race or criminal intent. Surprisingly to you I'm sure , they don't all straddle their prone profiler and repeatedly beat the profiler's head into the ground.

That's where TM made his mistake and that's what cost him his life. Self-defense is a reasonable response in such a situation, as the court ruling clearly shows.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:50 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,471 times
Quote:
Nowhere that has a majority or plurality European population.

If Zimmerman had minded his own business instead of wrongfully profiling someone, then Trayvon wouldn't have been shot at all. It's because of that event that I wear a bullet proof vest if I'm going to be walking any sort of distance and why I got my concealed carry license. Because if some European prick who's packing heat decides to profile me and it comes down to him or I, it isn't going to be me
What country?

Plus, Zimmerman wasn't European he was Hispanic. Or maybe you're counting his Jewness? Plus...my standard question here; Did you watch the trial? Then surely you know that St. Trayvon of Skittlesville made it all the way to the front porch of the home he was living in. You knew that right? Then what happened? Not in your fantasy world, but what happened actually...it came out in the trial...someone wasn't minding their own business...what happened after TM reached his front porch?

Old 01-07-2015, 11:51 AM

21 posts, read 13,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How so? People are profiled all the time for various reasons, not just race or criminal intent. Surprisingly to you I'm sure , they don't all straddle their prone profiler and repeatedly beat the profiler's head into the ground.

That's where TM made his mistake and that's what cost him his life. Self-defense is a reasonable response in such a situation, as the court ruling clearly shows.
Zimmerman acted as anyone would who is of Western European descent, the only reason he was brave enough to confront Trayvon was because he had a gun. I wasn't there so I don't know who the aggressor was but I'm sure there's a side to the story that is missing since Trayvon isn't here to tell his side. I'm also sure that this would all be a moot point if Zimmerman minded his own business. He didn't see Trayvon doing anything wrong and assumed he was up to know good, when in fact there was no reason for him to make such an assumption.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:52 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
I often read and hear people blaming Obama for race relations and how poor it's gotten over the past few years. I have to admit I dislike people of West European descent a lot more now than I did a few years ago, but it's not due to anything that Obama has said or done. I've read more about the history of Europeans and know more about them now due to having traveled all over the country. Is there any empirical data stating that race relations have gotten worse within the last few years or is this just another desperate attempt by the right to blame Obama for something else that isn't his fault?
For racists and conservatives, President Obama has made race relations worse by being black and getting elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies