Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:51 AM

21 posts, read 13,046 times

Advertisements

I often read and hear people blaming Obama for race relations and how poor it's gotten over the past few years. I have to admit I dislike people of West European descent a lot more now than I did a few years ago, but it's not due to anything that Obama has said or done. I've read more about the history of Europeans and know more about them now due to having traveled all over the country. Is there any empirical data stating that race relations have gotten worse within the last few years or is this just another desperate attempt by the right to blame Obama for something else that isn't his fault?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheFarSideOfTown View Post
I often read and hear people blaming Obama for race relations and how poor it's gotten over the past few years. I have to admit I dislike people of West European descent a lot more now than I did a few years ago, but it's not due to anything that Obama has said or done. I've read more about the history of Europeans and know more about them now due to having traveled all over the country. Is there any empirical data stating that race relations have gotten worse within the last few years or is this just another desperate attempt by the right to blame Obama for something else that isn't his fault?
I often read and hear people blaming Europeans for race relations and how poor it's gotten over the past few years. I have to admit I dislike NAM's a lot more now than I did a few years ago. I've read more about how they commit crimes at higher rates, abort their babies at higher rates, continue to have lower test scores, lower college graduates, higher rates of STD's including AIDS, higher rates of single motherhood, higher rates of incarceration, and now know more about them now due to having traveled all over the country. Is there any empirical data stating that race relations have gotten worse within the last few years or is this just another desperate attempt by the left to blame West Europeans for something else that isn't their fault?

Old 01-07-2015, 10:01 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
i dont blame obama for the deterioration in so called race relations, but he is a figure head who could stand up and say enough is enough, and he hasnt done that either.

for instance early in his presidency, a friend of his apparently lost his keys and had to break into his house. the cops werw called and the professor couldnt produce evidence that he lived in the house, and resisted the cops efforts to find the truth and as a result was arrested. obama said publicly that the cops behaved stupidly, and then to smooth things over he ordered a "beer summit". what he should have done is kept his big mouth shut since it was a local incident and all obama did was fan the flames.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:09 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont blame obama for the deterioration in so called race relations, but he is a figure head who could stand up and say enough is enough, and he hasnt done that either.

for instance early in his presidency, a friend of his apparently lost his keys and had to break into his house. the cops werw called and the professor couldnt produce evidence that he lived in the house, and resisted the cops efforts to find the truth and as a result was arrested. obama said publicly that the cops behaved stupidly, and then to smooth things over he ordered a "beer summit". what he should have done is kept his big mouth shut since it was a local incident and all obama did was fan the flames.
So first you say he should proclaim enough is enough & then when he does say anything, you say he should shut his mouth. Ok. Anyway, does anyone have evidence of Obama fanning the racism flames?

Old 01-07-2015, 10:18 AM

21 posts, read 13,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I often read and hear people blaming Europeans for race relations and how poor it's gotten over the past few years. I have to admit I dislike NAM's a lot more now than I did a few years ago. I've read more about how they commit crimes at higher rates,
Due to being profiled at higher rates, it appears that way on paper in some cases.

Quote:
abort their babies at higher rates,
Actually West European countries tend to have the highest abortion rates.

Quote:
continue to have lower test scores,
Due to being tested more harshly than their lighter skinned counterparts and SAT tests being fixed with racial bias.

Quote:
lower college graduates,
Actually people of West European descent have the lowest graduation rate per capita.

Quote:
higher rates of STD's including AIDS,
Wrong again, people of West European descent have the highest prevalence of people with AIDS and HIV in America.

Quote:
higher rates of single motherhood,
With close to 10 million single family homes in America, European Americans lead the way in this category as well...

Quote:
higher rates of incarceration,
Nope, European descended people make up 60% of inmates in the U.S...... Not to mention you guys' higher prevalence of being child molesters, drunks, drug addicts etc...

Dude, where are you getting your "facts". Stormfront? You have to look at unbiased sources if you want the truth.

Quote:
and now know more about them now due to having traveled all over the country. Is there any empirical data stating that race relations have gotten worse within the last few years or is this just another desperate attempt by the left to blame West Europeans for something else that isn't their fault?

Old 01-07-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So first you say he should proclaim enough is enough & then when he does say anything, you say he should shut his mouth. Ok. Anyway, does anyone have evidence of Obama fanning the racism flames?
read again what i said. obama can stand up and say enough is enough. stop the race baiting, the race hating, etc. but the one time when he should have shut up, he didnt. he was the one that fanned the flames of that incident and set the tone for the rest of his administration. obama said the cops acted stupidly, but he also admitted that he didnt have all the facts either. so why was he even sticking his nose in the incident in the first place?

by the way, in case you dont remember, it was white university cops arresting a black professor. obama knew that part, so he in fact DID fan the flames of racism.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:24 AM

99,527 posts, read 4,490,016 times
Quote:
Sure, that will take care of the problem.

Quote:
Obama was asked about it at a news conference and expressed his opinion. If he had followed your advice and kept his mouth shut, you would say it's a disgrace that a president will not comment on an issue everyone is talking about.

As a previous poster pointed out, you have it rigged so that Obama can't win no matter what he says or does.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Sure, that will take care of the problem.
for instance early in his presidency, a friend of his apparently lost his keys and had to break into his house. the cops werw called and the professor couldnt produce evidence that he lived in the house, and resisted the cops efforts to find the truth and as a result was arrested. obama said publicly that the cops behaved stupidly, and then to smooth things over he ordered a "beer summit". what he should have done is kept his big mouth shut since it was a local incident and all obama did was fan the flames.[/quote]

Obama was asked about it at a news conference and expressed his opinion. If he had followed your advice and kept his mouth shut, you would say it's a disgrace that a president will not comment on an issue everyone is talking about.

As a previous poster pointed out, you have it rigged so that Obama can't win no matter what he says or does.[/quote]

what obama should have said at that news conference is "i dont have enough information on the incident to make an informed comment" and left it at that. that i would have respected because he didnt have the needed information. instead he said the cops acted stupidly, even though he didnt have much information on the incident.

so why did obama comment in the first place? he was in fact fanning the racism flames.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Ok, one incident according to someone. Anything else?

Old 01-07-2015, 10:43 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheFarSideOfTown View Post
In my opinion, yes, he has. By courting people like Sharp ton, and having an AG like Holder, constantly slipping the leash, race relations have , certainly, been set back. SL much noise has been made about Obama , just because he is black, it has annoyed the population , as well. His wife hasn't helped, either, with her loud proclamations about her slave ancestry, and her past, in terms of race relations, is less than glowing. But, that is small issue, in comparison to setting a dog , like Holder, loose, running elbows with people like Shatpton, Wright, Jackson and even Farahkhan.

Obama has made some...imprudent...statements, of late, with the Ferguson issue, and be didn't get any respect for some of his comments in the Martin/Zimmerman case either. "If he had a son"? Seriously? Such things, coupled with all the hullabaloo about being the " first black president" , and the healing of , undeserved, accolades upon him, based, solely, on his skin tone, has certainly strained relations between colors. Black and white, mostly. There has been far to much patronizing, fawning and cooing, as to what the election of a black president means. If things were, truly, getting better, and real progress made, why is it that such attention be focused on Obamas skin color?

If anything, he, himself, should be downplaying that "issue" , and focusing on the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies