Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 03:14 PM

38,074 posts, read 22,239,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Where is her post about welfare?

I don't see one. Are you having visions? Is there some medication you should be taking?

I'm just concerned that you seem to be hallucinating about some posts that aren't there.
That type of thinking you responded to comes from the stereotype that all women having an abortion are poor welfare queens, whose children will just burden the nation's welfare safety net, unless we allow unfettered abortions on demand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 03:21 PM

38,074 posts, read 22,239,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Survives an abortion? What on earth are you talking about? Take your own advice, bolded at the end.
Sometimes a late term abortion can be botched, with the baby being unexpectedly born alive, instead of keeping the little face in the mother until they can snip the spinal cord or inject it with drugs, or suck it's brain out first. No one's perfect.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:37 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,540,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sometimes a late term abortion can be botched, with the baby being unexpectedly born alive, instead of keeping the little face in the mother until they can snip the spinal cord or inject it with drugs, or suck it's brain out first. No one's perfect.
"When you can list them as a dependent on your taxes" is far too broad to be described as you do here.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:06 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,663,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I never suggested we needed more regulations on abortion.......you did.
Are you just trying to get this disscussion to turn confrontational? The part you bolded was me agreeing with you in case that's not clear. Yes, the behavior I've outlined disgusts me. So, I have written things in such a manner as to express that disgust. However, I'm not bashing your opinion, in any way, nor am I advocating for state interference in peoples private medical treatment.

As I said, that is best done at the Dr./patient level. But, my PERSONAL opinion, is, that being abortion in the manner I have outlined, and justifying that with the inane reasons she gave, is behavior, I find, particularly...distasteful. However, there's nothing I can do about it, nor do I wish to try. The more distance I have, between me and people who behave thus, the better I feel.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,080,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Try to keep up.

Fetuses are no longer born alive, the heart is humanely stopped within the womb, before delivery.

Late Term Abortion Due To Fetal Anomaly

Quote:

Fetal Demise

This is initiated by injection of the combination of Digoxin
and Potassium Chloride (most commonly) into the fetal heart to assure the
following:

• No additional pain or discomfort to the fetus
  • Generally assures no chance of a live birth
  • The fetal tissue becomes softer which makes it easier for the tissue to pass safely through the mother's cervix

• Many studies show a fetus that succumbs in the uterus delivers faster
While you're at it, you should read the whole article, it will tell you the reasons late-term abortions are done. Mother's health and/or SEVERE fetal deformity. There is a list of the deformities.....you should look them up, you obviously have no grasp of just how severe the deformities are.

BTW.....when someone spreads falsehoods, everything they say becomes tainted. Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Are you just trying to get this disscussion to turn confrontational? The part you bolded was me agreeing with you in case that's not clear. Yes, the behavior I've outlined disgusts me. So, I have written things in such a manner as to express that disgust. However, I'm not bashing your opinion, in any way, nor am I advocating for state interference in peoples private medical treatment.

As I said, that is best done at the Dr./patient level. But, my PERSONAL opinion, is, that being abortion in the manner I have outlined, and justifying that with the inane reasons she gave, is behavior, I find, particularly...distasteful. However, there's nothing I can do about it, nor do I wish to try. The more distance I have, between me and people who behave thus, the better I feel.

Out of sight, out of mind.
In your last post that I quoted, you misrepresented my position.....and I have every right to correct that.

And.....I also had the right to point out what you said earlier that gave the impression that you wouldn't mind more restrictions to deal with women like the one in your story. If not for that one line in that post, I wouldn't have responded at all.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:04 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,663,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
In your last post that I quoted, you misrepresented my position.....and I have every right to correct that.

And.....I also had the right to point out what you said earlier that gave the impression that you wouldn't mind more restrictions to deal with women like the one in your story. If not for that one line in that post, I wouldn't have responded at all.
Misrepresenting yojur opinion? Well, my intent was to concede your point, regarding further state involvement, not to infer you WANTED that. I'm afraid you, quite, misunderstood what I was saying. No matter. Things happen. All in all, and all things considered, my view on this issue is pretty moderate, and not in lockstep with either side.

I have had very negative experiences involving the issue of abortion, which involve how the decision to use the procedure are made. In that, I'm not sure what the answer is there, and the specific circumstances involved will never effect me again. Thank God! I bid you good day.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:29 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,693,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Abortion is murder. Sorry.
Then surely you quite passionately believe it should be a mandatory law for all pregnant women to give birth to make this murder less likely. Women who get an abortion anyway should be charged with murder.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,693,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
If you don't like abortion then don't have one.
But a man can't get an abortion, yet they are more often than woman
against someone getting an abortion.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then surely you quite passionately believe it should be a mandatory law for all pregnant women to give birth to make this murder less likely. Women who get an abortion anyway should be charged with murder.
Yes, let's go there.........and the next logical step would be to put women who miscarry on trial to determine if they are guilty of negligent homicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies