Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 07:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,704,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I know the President supports abortion.

Abortion is not a "responsible choice." It is no choice at all, for one party involved.

Abortion is not "taking responsibility." It is a complete refusal to take responsibility. It is very selfish. I could never understand how a real woman could kill her own child. What kind of animal would do this? How barbaric.

There was a recent story about a woman who set her baby on fire in the street (of course, the child did not survive). Any woman who would kill her child in the womb is no better than that woman.
How is abortion your business, anyway, unless you were the other half that caused a woman a pregnancy she does not want? To me unwanted pregnancies are none of my business as long as I don't cause any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Really sad some only see a baby as damage from having sex. Our world is getting more cruel since abortion was legalized.
So if you don't want to bring an unwanted life in the world, then don't get naked with someone of the opposite sex and indulge in sexual intercourse. When there is no birth control, there better be self control.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Abstinence only education does not work. Mississippi has this program, and is always in the top 5 states for teen pregnancy.

Welcome to reality, things do not always go the way we think they should.
I guess adults in Mississippi are scared that teaching teens about birth control methods will arouse enough curiosity in teens to sneak off, get naked and try out what they learned about birth control. But surely some are sneaking off with no birth control at all from the result of abstinence only education.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:58 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,314,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I guess adults in Mississippi are scared that teaching teens about birth control methods will arouse enough curiosity in teens to sneak off, get naked and try out what they learned about birth control. But surely some are sneaking off with no birth control at all from the result of abstinence only education.
Damnit Still, your last post was confusing and I had the most witty retort that I typed up and had to delete. Stop confusing me with your posts.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh good, another let's force women to birth children thread. I wonder how many people posting here know if their church also houses an orphanage?
Really, people concerned about abortion should, instead, concentrate on promoting ways to nip it in the bud by promoting greater access to birth control and failing that emphasize the need for self control, and, of course, practicing what they preach.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes, let's go there.........and the next logical step would be to put women who miscarry on trial to determine if they are guilty of negligent homicide.
Don't some male state legislators want that very control over women?

Old 02-01-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Don't some male state legislators want that very control over women?
I'm sure they would if it was politically feasible.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,351,056 times
Quote:
Have you ever told a child about abortion and what it is? If you have than you have seen the horror in their eyes and they can't hardly believe something like that can happen. Remember it wasn't too long ago when they were born and they can relate big time to the baby. So I can't agree with you that children want every woman to do what they want to do with the baby, not if it means abortion for the baby.
Why in the world would I want to tell a child about a medical procedure that is only performed on adult women??

Old 02-03-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Have you ever told a child about abortion and what it is? If you have than you have seen the horror in their eyes and they can't hardly believe something like that can happen. Remember it wasn't too long ago when they were born and they can relate big time to the baby. So I can't agree with you that children want every woman to do what they want to do with the baby, not if it means abortion for the baby.
Yes, and the two children I have told it to said "COOL!" Kids aren't that emphatic or indoctrinated with religion to really care about the fact someone is having an abortion, don't kid yourself.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:56 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,553,122 times
Default For 8 years I helped kill unborn babies. How did I not see the truth?

For 8 years I helped kill unborn babies. How did I not see the truth? | Abby Johnson

Those who came out of the abortion industry can tell us it's wrong. Society has gotten too desensitized by it or just don't want to look at it.

I saw the movie, "The Giver" and yes society can become like that when things are sanitized. Killing people and giving it another name but it was still killing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies