Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2015, 03:58 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,332,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
psychosis

Variation

Houghton Mifflin

n.noun

An acute or chronic mental state marked by loss of contact with reality, disorganized speech and behavior, and often by hallucinations or delusions, seen in certain mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, and other medical disorders.

1. antisocial

Houghton Mifflin

• adj.adjective

1. Shunning the society of others; not sociable.
      2. Hostile to ordisruptive of the established social order; marked by or engaging in behavior that violates accepted mores.
        gangs engaging in vandalism and other antisocial behavior.
      3. Antagonistic toward or disrespectful of others; rude.
  2. antisocial personality disorder

• n.noun

1. A personality disorder characterized by chronic antisocial behavior and violation of the law and the rights of others.
    Houghton Mifflin

I have not seen any of these things in any of my friends.... or any of their other friends..... although I do see hints of the the third definition of antisocial in your posts on this subject.....

sorry if you feel manipulated and shamed.... that was not my intent.... my intent was to enlighten, but apparently, that is not possible in this case....
You just keep proving my case over and over again. Now, all I can do is offer my gratitude.

P.S. I would like to suggest you take a course or two, three, four (in Human Psychology). The study and subject of which can be very complex, and not be found in your run of the mill Google/Yahoo search--- containing overly simplistic definitions. Those classes will offer YOU a far more exhaustive look at the human psyche.

My definitions of both were spot on---as were yours! Even using your limited definition search and usage, they hold water. Again, thank you.

Last edited by picklejuice; 02-05-2015 at 04:28 PM..

Old 02-05-2015, 04:52 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,585,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post

Good for Bruce for being a man and handling this as honestly as he possibly can.

Guess he finally got rid of Chris, grew some balls, and took matters into his own hands.
In this instance, I think you have the wrong choice of words. I really do.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:56 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,624,763 times
Good for her. Bruce Jenner deserves to be happy and content.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:58 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,053,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
You just keep proving my case over and over again. Now, all I can do is offer my gratitude.

P.S. I would like to suggest you take a course or two, three, four (in Human Psychology). The study and subject of which can be very complex, and not be found in your run of the mill Google/Yahoo search--- containing overly simplistic definitions. Those classes will offer YOU a far more exhaustive look at the human psyche.

My definitions of both were spot on---as were yours! Even using your limited definition search and usage, they hold water. Again, thank you.

I have taken plenty of psychology courses and studied more on my own.... which I would guess explains how I can be empathetic towards and accepting of people who are different from me.... the only people who frighten or disgust me are those who refuse to acknowledge that the world is NOT black and white... that there are infinite shades of gray.... and that what is right for one or a few or even the majority is not right for all....

Old 02-06-2015, 01:06 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,335,439 times
I agree that studying psychology gives you an advantage but empathy is something that's either in you or not. You may be able to develop it further with knowledge because ignorance is really the killer in everything. I also study psychology, more as a hobby and for selfhelp but some humans are so wrapped up in their own coccoon and are unable to ever free themselves and if they got over their fears, they'd maybe figure it out before it's too late. Bruce still seems like he's grasping at straws and that's a shame. He's not getting any younger. To live a lie for society's sake or to honor its rules, must be pure horror.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:20 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,028,154 times
I confess this is one story I almost don't even know what to say about it. I'd just have to know a lot more details....
-- How long has he felt this way? When did he start to feel this way? Was there a 'trigger?'
-- Why now? Has he been traumatized?

I have to admit from MY armchair POV....SOMEthing is wrong with his thinking.
I've seen transgendered people interviewed before, and Jenner is just strange in his approach to how he's going about this.
The way he's going about it just seems "off." HE seems "off." He seems 'regressed," sad.

Of course we've not heard HIM talk about it. But most trangendered people ONCE they decide to move forward seem quite strong in their conviction.....oh they may worry and be saddened about former relationships and children etc, and anxious about the future to a certain extent -- but they themselves seem at peace about it THEIR part of it. (after all the years it took to get to that point) Bruce Jenner seems lost and sad and confused.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:48 AM

10,037 posts, read 9,523,851 times
Might as well complete the process. After watching an episode of their TV show years ago and seeing how Kris treats him, it's obvious she already cut off his nuts some time ago.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:31 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,761,828 times
Last night, I was in a grocery store and I saw Bruce on the cover of People magazine. He looks so pathetic on that cover, oh my god! http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/201.../cover-768.jpg

I feel very sorry for him because the public will always see him as a "freak show" and nothing more.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:29 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,081,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Might as well complete the process. After watching an episode of their TV show years ago and seeing how Kris treats him, it's obvious she already cut off his nuts some time ago.
No kidding. She emasculated the poor guy.
He prob just needs a few good shots of testosterone, and maybe he'd be back to normal????

Old 02-07-2015, 03:23 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,487,055 times
Default Bruce Jenner rams car, woman dies.

Bruce Jenner was escaping the paparazzi in his Escalade when he rammed a white car stopped at a red light - pushing it into the path of a Hummer. The woman in the white car died. Paparazzi(?) photos of the crash at the link. Whose fault? Jenner or the the paparazzi?

Bruce Jenner in Horrible Car Crash -- 1 Person Dead | TMZ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.