Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 05:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times

Advertisements

Hicks had a Zimmerman complex. A tough guy with a gun who acted like he was the neighborhood cop.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/13/us...ings.html?_r=0

Mr. Hicks had displayed “equal opportunity anger” and that “he kind of made everyone feel uncomfortable and unsafe.”
"Mr. Hicks, a 46-year-old former auto parts dealer who has been studying to become a paralegal [George Z was a wannabe cop] , appears to have functioned as a self-appointed watchman in the complex. The Chapel Hill police released a report about a 2013 incident in which he apparently called them to complain that someone had allegedly grabbed a tow-truck driver’s arm while he was trying to tow a car. And just last month he wrote on Facebook that he had called the police because he saw a couple having sex in a car in the parking lot."

He also indicated that he was proud of owning a weapon: Last month he posted an image of a gun on a scale with the words, “Yes, that is 1 pound 5.1 ounces for my loaded 38 revolver, its holster, and five extra rounds in a speedloader.”

Last Fall...Right after we left, Yusor heard a knock at the door, and it was Hicks," the friend, Amira Ata, told Fusion. Mr. Hicks complained about extra cars in the neighborhood, and of noise from the Risk game, she said. “While he was at the door talking to Yusor, he was holding a rifle, she told me later. He didn’t point it at anyone, but he still had it.”

Old 02-12-2015, 05:15 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Great, informative post UNTIL that last sentence. Why the hell do people feel comfortable making such racist comments against whites. I KNOW you wouldn't say that about one of the protected classes.
You don't know anything of the sort, because you don't know me. The guy - whether black, white, purple, green - looks genetically deficient to me. There's clearly something wrong with him. That's my opinion. He's not normal. And, fwiw, I am white, am not particularly fond of affirmative action and am strongly against illegal immigration and am opposed to Obama's order. Can hardly call me a liberal.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:18 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Just one more reason to reject the police state. Guys like this would be given a uniform first.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:21 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,593,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Some of us are agreeing with the father and the sister of the male victim. They say it was a hate crime.
No doubt, it is a hate crime.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Agree. Though some have let their anger get the best of them in the heat of the moment and would kill a person but not three. In the head no less. That was personal. He hated their being muslim. And of course his wife, who hasn't spoken to him in 10 years, doesn't believe it was a hate crime.
Agree.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:10 PM

31,068 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Some of us are agreeing with the father and the sister of the male victim. They say it was a hate crime.
You must be able to read minds then Being able to tell if a person is insane or a blood thirsty killer from some online articles and videos must be an amazing skill? Really no different then saying someone is a terrorist because they wear a head scarf. Judging people by stereotyping doesn't work regardless of your slant.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You must be able to read minds then Being able to tell if a person is insane or a blood thirsty killer from some online articles and videos must be an amazing skill? Really no different then saying someone is a terrorist because they wear a head scarf.
What a travesty, the guy was perfectly normal all his life and one day he suddenly became insane ,kill 3 innocent people and everyone suddenly noticed that he has mental problem.

If it was a muslim , he won't have a chance to be insane, he'll be described as terrorist

Old 02-12-2015, 06:16 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
No doubt, it is a hate crime.
Anytime you shoot someone in the head, intense anger and hate are involved. Time to prosecute people for their DEEDS and not their THOUGHTS. That is unAmerican!

Old 02-12-2015, 06:17 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He also indicated that he was proud of owning a weapon: Last month he posted an image of a gun on a scale with the words, “Yes, that is 1 pound 5.1 ounces for my loaded 38 revolver, its holster, and five extra rounds in a speedloader.”
Ha, that's a scream. Especially the affirmative at the beginning. Did he think he was responding to an amazed crowd? "1lb 5.1oz??!! Impossible! Can't be! Prove it! Weigh it for us!"

Old 02-12-2015, 07:45 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
We have neighbors with a 4-car driveway plus street parking for 4 cars right in front their own home - parking for a total of 8 cars - who routinely do not park in their driveway or park in front of their house, nor do their visitors. Instead, these neighbors park their own vehicles at the guest parking for the homes across the street, which leaves visitors/guests parking half a block away from the house they are visiting - or having to do a u-turn at the corner to park in front of the neighbors house directly across from the house they are visitng because the neighbors can't be bothered to park on their side of the street or in their own driveway. Got two of their cars out there right now. Other side of street and driveway totally clear. Go figure.

This goes on long enough - and, yeah - you get pretty damned ticked off. That said, certainly shooting three people in the head over something like this is nutso. The guy is off his rocker, clearly.

Newspaper said today these people had been consistently parking their second car in the visitor space for a long time. He'd talked to them about it numerous times. Being young kids, they didn't care. Being Muslim didn't help. He was crazy enough to go over the edge. That said, I think he would have done it to anyone who occupied that apartment and continued to park where they shouldn't have. He looks like an in-bred fool, from the pictures I've seen.
I live in a condo complex and, yes, it matters where people park. A visitor space is for visitors. It's too bad the management company didn't do their job and manage the property. That way a dangerous resident would have less room to think he could do their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies