Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 08:51 AM

89,511 posts, read 45,198,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Barrack Obama has done little to stifle your freedoms - get real.

Ken
Seriously? He's the only president who backed and signed a law that requires everyone to buy a private sector product: health insurance. That's DEFINITELY an attack on freedom.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:11 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,775,724 times
Wouldn't surprise me that someone that conjured this up is joking. Lots of people who naoes these ideas probably aren't being serious regardless of party.

Too bad California wasn't joking when they saw drunk sex as rape.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,967,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I would be okay with this, although I would prefer to let social norms take care of the problem. Restaurants may be a different issue -- I don't care to see people walking around in speedos and yoga pants when I am trying to eat.
I, on the other hand, love to see women in yoga pants when I'm trying to eat. Actually increases my appetite, gets the blood flowing and whatnot. This politician has a more sinister plot in mind. He's actually trying to solve the overpopulation problem by driving the suicide numbers up by banning yoga pants. Yoga pants God's gift to modern man, a wellspring of life and happiness.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:23 PM

963 posts, read 692,137 times
Quote:
That depends on WHO is defining "decency" and WHAT they define it as.

Barrack Obama has done little to stifle your freedoms - get real.

Ken
Seriously? The Regulation President?

Major Regulations 153% Higher in First Five Years Under Obama Than Bush

Old 02-14-2015, 04:58 PM

46,405 posts, read 27,273,300 times
Quote:
No the ACA was not meant to cover everyone. It was meant to put a huge dent in the number of uninsured.
Yes it was, I provided the link, straight from obama.

Or are you admitting you and obama lied?

Quote:
People who sign up with get their tax refunds just like before - AND most of them are getting significant financial help paying for their medical insurance (which many simply couldn't afford before)

Obamacare has not been delayed that much. A few specific sections were delayed. In general the law has moved forward pretty much on schedule.

Been delayed a lot! Heck, the employer mandate has been changed how many times? and the entire ACA has been changed as many as 27+ times...

Quote:
No it doesn't. Your own link shows that the number of uninsured dropped by close to 20 MILLION - which is exactly what I said. Projections out beyond 2 or 3 years don't mean much. In addition, CBO estimates have tended to be pessimistic. For example, the CBO has been wayyyyyyy off on it's projections for how fast the deficit was going to fall.

Which is EXACTLY what I said, continue to read...

Except obama campaigned in EVERY AMERICAN having insurance....I've shown you the link...GO back and read....

Quote:
Obamacare is NOT Obama's plan. It may come as a surprise to you, but the President is NOT King. He can proposed things that he'd like to see happen and he has flexiblity to impliment a few things, but major programs like Obamacare require Congress.

LOL...so why did YOU vote for obama? The ACA IS obamas plan...and every dem passed it, without reading it....

Quote:
ALL a campaign pledge is is a statement of what he will PROPOSE to Congress.

So we should NEVER hear you complain EVER again about what a repub campaigned and then did not deliver...

I can GUARANTEE you this, your quote will come up many times in the future...

Old 02-14-2015, 05:04 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,570,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Frank, as a sidenote, nobody in the Dems in recent memory have tried to control what people wear, especially when it comes to women
Cuz with all the taxes they want, no one has any money to buy clothes anyway.

Why are our only choices fruitcake wing nuts and money-grabbing demwits?

Old 02-14-2015, 05:13 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,444,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Originally Posted by bobtn
Gotta laugh at these small town, small state, stupid legislators.
uggabubba"Montana is a 'small state'?"

Yes, a small population, insignificant state.

Last time I checked they had two senators, also.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:15 PM

32,041 posts, read 36,951,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I, on the other hand, love to see women in yoga pants when I'm trying to eat. Actually increases my appetite, gets the blood flowing and whatnot. This politician has a more sinister plot in mind. He's actually trying to solve the overpopulation problem by driving the suicide numbers up by banning yoga pants. Yoga pants God's gift to modern man, a wellspring of life and happiness.
I have seen very few women in yoga pants or men in speedos who looked good in them.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:01 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,023,539 times
How many Congressmen, TrapperJohn? (LOL)

Old 02-14-2015, 07:05 PM

53,196 posts, read 34,974,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Originally Posted by bobtn
Gotta laugh at these small town, small state, stupid legislators.
uggabubba"Montana is a 'small state'?"

Yes, a small population, insignificant state.
America's fourth largest state is a 'small state.'

As I said, it's a shame our schools apparently no longer teach geography.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies