Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 04:45 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times

Advertisements

He's never realistically been in the running. Yes I know, many fantasize about him amongst the libertarian groups, but it just isn't going to realistically happen.

Now is this a big or a little lie? Its somewhere in between. As TheDusty points out, he went to med school, he does kind of know this stuff. Me? I wouldnt let it perturb me unless I saw more evidence of this sort of inaccuracy. But again, he isn't a candidate with a chance.

I do love all the attempts to point at Obama or other people above. Thats kinda sad.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:47 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,736,860 times
I'm not a Rand Paul supporter, but he received his MD from Duke, one of the top universities in the country and people are quibbling over whether he can claim he has a biology degree? Medicine is biological science, so getting your MD is the essential the same as a higher level biology degree.
It's a huge stretch to claim this is lying about his degree.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,854,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
But Democrats and their supporters say college records don't matter, when it's a Democratic party candidate.
But the Republicans say dropping out of college is actually an asset for their candidates. That way their supporters can relate to them.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I'm not a Rand Paul supporter, but he received his MD from Duke, one of the top universities in the country and people are quibbling over whether he can claim he has a biology degree? Medicine is biological science, so getting your MD is the essential the same as a higher level biology degree.
Rand Paul is a shyster. Here is another shenanigan he pulled:

Quote:
Sen. Rand Paul’s certification as an ophthalmologist by an outfit called the “National Ophthalmology Board,” an entity he founded. This week I discovered that while he continues to present himself as “board certified” the NOB has been out of business since 2011, and in any event, does not under Kentucky law permit him to advertise as “board certified.”
Rand Paul has another problem - The Washington Post

Old 02-15-2015, 04:54 PM

963 posts, read 690,739 times
Some additional info:

Quote:
The reason, according to GQ, is Paul had taken the MCAT and scored high enough to get into Duke University Medical School, where he earned his medical degree in ophthalmology in 1988.
Quote:
"Dr. Paul finished the requirements for medical school in 2 1/2 years. While in college, Dr. Paul did study biology and English. He has no college degree and has a medical degree."

Turns out, the guy is so smart, he bypassed college and got into medical school!

Let's see...

Dems say Repubs CAN'T vote for Walker because he has no degree, and Rand Paul is just too damn smart!

If it comes to a choice between Paul and any Dem, Paul gets my vote.

If it comes down to any RINO and Paul, Paul gets my vote.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:54 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,598,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't know why he even bothered with that lie, it is so unnecessary,

while Paul studied English and biology at Baylor, he left the university after three years in 1984, before obtaining a bachelor’s degree in either field. Despite lacking an undergraduate degree, Paul went on to graduate from Duke’s medical school in 1988

Rand Paul caught lying about his college record - Salon.com

I will still give him a chance.
Agree, it was unnecessary.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Rand Paul has NO undergraduate degree. I have no idea how he could have been admitted into a medical school! That should be looked into.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He's never realistically been in the running. Yes I know, many fantasize about him amongst the libertarian groups, but it just isn't going to realistically happen.

Now is this a big or a little lie? Its somewhere in between. As TheDusty points out, he went to med school, he does kind of know this stuff. Me? I wouldnt let it perturb me unless I saw more evidence of this sort of inaccuracy. But again, he isn't a candidate with a chance.

I do love all the attempts to point at Obama or other people above. Thats kinda sad.
I think, from now on, he'll be under scrutiny and reporters may start digging in his private life, finances anything they can find that may be a scoop or help opponents .

Old 02-15-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Some additional info:

Turns out, the guy is so smart, he bypassed college and got into medical school!

Let's see...

Dems say Repubs CAN'T vote for Walker because he has no degree, and Rand Paul is just too damn smart!

If it comes to a choice between Paul and any Dem, Paul gets my vote.

If it comes down to any RINO and Paul, Paul gets my vote.
You have a link to for the quotes you cited?

Old 02-15-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Rand Paul has NO undergraduate degree. I have no idea how he could have been admitted into a medical school! That should be looked into.
The damage is done whether he has an undergraduate or not !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies