Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 04:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So... tax breaks, loopholes and not raising the minimum wage (so that your employees qualify for food stamps) don't count as corporate welfare?
Its not the place of corporations to determine if we will help others or not. Its up to us. Quit trying to shirk your responsibilities off on some boogeyman.

Corporations are there to provide goods and services, not welfare.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:09 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So... tax breaks, loopholes
Tax breaks and loopholes don't give money to corporations. They simply allow them to keep more of the money they've earned.
Quote:
and not raising the minimum wage (so that your employees qualify for food stamps) don't count as corporate welfare?
No. For the reason I've already stated, and because the low-income have made their own choices to glut the low-wage labor market by over-reproducing and voting for Democrats who wish to allow millions of illegal aliens to compete with them for jobs and wages.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:15 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
the federal govt kicks back rural hospitals X millions per hospital.

It's hard to tell the specifics. Plus Medicare provides what's called "pass through" kick backs to keep surgical services functioning.

So without knowing the specifics of each hospital. It's hard to tell how well a hospital is doing once you remove the federal additional money that non rural, non indigent hospital do not get.
It is hard to compare one to another. Ours has made good money the whole time I've practiced here. Since '81.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Which benefits American workers and retirees by causing their $24 trillion worth of pension/retirement investment assets to appreciate in value.

Retirement Question 4 | EBRI
Low grade inflation is about a given with any successful modern country these days. It does make it all the more hard to plan for retirement. But given on balance public and central money support for SS and Medicare, IMO we are moving in the right direction. UHC would also be in the right direction, but not my choice. I still support the Public option and would let the privates fill the desired niches.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:51 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Its not the place of corporations to determine if we will help others or not. Its up to us. Quit trying to shirk your responsibilities off on some boogeyman.

Corporations are there to provide goods and services, not welfare.
It's the government's job to promote the general welfare... is it not?

Quote:
Tax breaks and loopholes don't give money to corporations. They simply allow them to keep more of the money they've earned.
LOL, "earned" by not paying taxes.

Quote:
No. For the reason I've already stated, and because the low-income have made their own choices to glut the low-wage labor market by over-reproducing and voting for Democrats who wish to allow millions of illegal aliens to compete with them for jobs and wages.
....that has nothing to do with health care or welfare.

Quote:
Which benefits American workers and retirees by causing their $24 trillion worth of pension/retirement investment assets to appreciate in value.

Retirement Question 4 | EBRI
Inflation is an economic requirement. There is no economic growth without inflation.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:02 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,785,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Low grade inflation is about a given with any successful modern country these days. It does make it all the more hard to plan for retirement. But given on balance public and central money support for SS and Medicare, IMO we are moving in the right direction. UHC would also be in the right direction, but not my choice. I still support the Public option and would let the privates fill the desired niches.
Only in a perfect world would public option exist with private players. Public option will eventually kill the private market.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:03 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Only in a perfect world would public option exist with private players. Public option will eventually kill the private market.
The private market needs to be killed.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:15 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
When they fail due to their own choices are we to just pay their entire way?
Convenient you wouldn't answer my question. To answer yours, no. That is why I am all for a sin tax on unhealthy food and activities. By all means, be unhealthy if you want, just be prepared to pay for it. Ill be waiting to hear your response in how an uninsured lung cancer patient w low income should just go to er instead of an oncologist even though they never smoked in their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Hel* no! They would not even have that ability if those posting on here had their way.
I would like conservatives on here who despise intervention in health care demand to repeal EMTALA. It doesn't get worse than having a Dr provide care to an individual who cant pay to treat them any ways or face certain fines or even imprisonment if they refuse to be subjugated to slavery of free labor.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
There should be niches remaining for private coverage.
Plans to lower copays and deductibles like Medicare supplements.
Plans to cover elective stuff and other stuff not covered with a Public option.
Specialty hospital coverage.
Plans that have more options with providers.
Out of area, state or travel plans.
Concierge would probably still exist.
And docs and/or hospitals should not be required to join.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:02 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Convenient you wouldn't answer my question. To answer yours, no. That is why I am all for a sin tax on unhealthy food and activities. By all means, be unhealthy if you want, just be prepared to pay for it. Ill be waiting to hear your response in how an uninsured lung cancer patient w low income should just go to er instead of an oncologist even though they never smoked in their lives.

I would like conservatives on here who despise intervention in health care demand to repeal EMTALA. It doesn't get worse than having a Dr provide care to an individual who cant pay to treat them any ways or face certain fines or even imprisonment if they refuse to be subjugated to slavery of free labor.

Texas Cancer Information - Where do I go if I am uninsured or have a low income? Funny it takes me 2 seconds to find this on google. I don't even live in this state. Pretty sure if my life was in the balance I would find much more info. Fill out the questionnaire and about 5 different hospitals appear.

A sin tax on junk food haha so I'm taxed because I want a big mac and still live my relatively healthy lifestyle? Go to any low income store an watch what the majority of ebt users buy. Now you are denying the needed food to the people you claim to want to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies