Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:10 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
ISIS is the beneficiary when people/ media portray ISIS as Islam/ all Muslims. Nothing would delight them more to have the West to declare Islam, the enemy.

There's a particularly barbaric terrorist cell in Africa that goes by the name of The Lord's Resistance Army, a Protestant sect. They make ISIS look like a bunch of pansies. Should all Protestants or Christians be labeled as terrorists because this group uses a twisted interpretation of religion to justify their actions?
ISIS is Islamic. That is not the same thing as "all Muslims." Any reasonable person knows the difference.
And if you were actually concerned about terrorists being "portrayed" as having religious affiliation you wouldn't have brought up TLRA being a Protestant/Christian sect, would you? Seems you're not that concerned after all. Finally, it's a huge exaggeration to say they make ISIS look like pansies; I wonder how Jordan would feel about such a statement. So much for claiming non-bias.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Who is saying it's not Islamic? I've seen no one in the middle east say that. Quite the opposite. What they say is that Isis only represents a small minority of Muslims. That the vast majority do not support their ideas.

Now you may argue how large of a percentage you feel that is but that is the argument, not that they are arguing they are not Islamic.

It is really sad that we have a president that simply can't be truthful about anything.

Last edited by pknopp; 02-19-2015 at 09:14 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 08:20 AM

24,504 posts, read 17,255,259 times
I don't know what Obamas' problem is. I wish he would stand up for something and tell it like it is. The world knows the score, not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all white people are racists, just like all black people are not gangsta thugs.

isis is a cancer that threatens the human body and it needs to be cut out if we are to survive.

Cancer is a scary word just like Terrorism is but we need to stand up and deal with them. The first step is to put a name to it and all this dancing around by Obama is getting us no where.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
ISIS is Islamic. That is not the same thing as "all Muslims." Any reasonable person knows the difference.
And if you were actually concerned about terrorists being "portrayed" as having religious affiliation you wouldn't have brought up TLRA being a Protestant/Christian sect, would you? Seems you're not that concerned after all. Finally, it's a huge exaggeration to say they make ISIS look like pansies; I wonder how Jordan would feel about such a statement. So much for claiming non-bias.
you can always count on mom to throw up a red herring in defense of her boys.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:27 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
What's being lost is that no one wants to admit how perverted Muslim culture really is.
It's not just a "handful of radicals" that promote torturous mysogyny toward women, homophobia, xenophobia,
religious supremacy, genocide, and pedophilia. Islam is not a religion of peace. Every war on this planet right now is some muslim country killing others. It is their perverted culture that is inflaming such extreme hatred and supremacy ideology.
Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Native American, New Age etc religious cultures are not creating a terrorist mentality in their believers. There are just as many displaced, jobless, and poor people in these cultures. So until Muslims start admitting their religion and culture needs some big time reforming, I don't give them any slack.

Apologizing for or dismissing Muslim culture is the same as saying, " Yes, they belong to the KKK, but they're not REALLY racist."

Old 02-19-2015, 08:49 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
ISIS is the beneficiary when people/ media portray ISIS as Islam/ all Muslims. Nothing would delight them more to have the West to declare Islam, the enemy.

There's a particularly barbaric terrorist cell in Africa that goes by the name of The Lord's Resistance Army, a Protestant sect. They make ISIS look like a bunch of pansies. Should all Protestants or Christians be labeled as terrorists because this group uses a twisted interpretation of religion to justify their actions?
I see you've picked up Marie Harf's talking point about The Lord's Resistance Army, a Christian group. She didn't call it a death cult or fake Christian. This is part of the ongoing effort to create a false equivalency between 2015 Islam and Christianity. An excuse for Islam.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:06 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:

If the Muslim leaders of the world have no problems calling ISIS Radical Muslims why should I. You apparently have no problems calling the "Lord's Resistance Army, a Protestant sect". Apparently your view on religious sensitivity only goes one way.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:09 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Who is saying isn't not Islamic? I've seen no one in the middle east say that. Quite the opposite. What they say is that Isis only represents a small minority of Muslims. That the vast majority do not support their ideas.

Now you may argue how large of a percentage you feel that is but that is the argument, not that they are arguing they are not Islamic.

It is really sad that we have a president that simply can't be truthful about anything.
Rep, 100% correct. If Muslims are calling them Muslim Radicals why would we believe O, who is not a Muslim? Whats interesting is he has all the Dems parroting him.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:13 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
I actually understand the White House's stand on this and am warming up to it. The more I learn of ISIS the more I understand that they want to be the Islamic compass in the world, they want to portray themselves as the real Islam when they are not.

Why give them the distinction? That would be like calling the Italian Mafia "Christian Terrorists".

They are criminals, plain and simple. The soldiers might think they are fighting for God but in the end, they are fighting for position for their criminal leaders who want to build an empire. They are of this Earth, not holy like they think.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Rep, 100% correct. If Muslims are calling them Muslim Radicals why would we believe O, who is not a Muslim? Whats interesting is he has all the Dems parroting him.
I won't paint with the broad brush but rather point out others if they do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies