Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 05:06 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,363,180 times

Advertisements

The only ones in the middle east that I've seen that are reluctant to use certain words are those who support the actions.

Like Al Jazeera.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:06 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,390,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know what Obamas' problem is. I wish he would stand up for something and tell it like it is. The world knows the score, not all Muslims are terrorists just like not all white people are racists, just like all black people are not gangsta thugs.

isis is a cancer that threatens the human body and it needs to be cut out if we are to survive.

Cancer is a scary word just like Terrorism is but we need to stand up and deal with them. The first step is to put a name to it and all this dancing around by Obama is getting us no where.
What good does putting a name on this type of terrorism accomplish, what then? We are asking Muslim allies in Jordan, Turkey and Egypt to provide support yet we are going to claim this is connected to Islam, there is already a deep paranoia with Muslim countries relative to our intentions the last thing they need to hear is anything remotely connecting this to religion. This is not about the Muslim religion it is about terrorism, we don't need to cast more doubt on US intentions.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:13 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,073,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Never heard of them.

This is a protestant sect?

"Ideologically, LRA believe in African mysticism and Christian fundamentalism.[15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25] It claims to be establishing a theocratic state based on the Ten Commandments and local Acholi tradition."

Sounds like the "African mysticism" and "local Acholi traditions" trump the Ten Commandments in their religion, but hey, their just a Protestant sect like Methodists or something.

Right. You are really trying hard.
She likely got the reference/talking points from the Obama administration's Marie Harf, who was trying to deflect from scrutiny in a recent interview.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:59 PM

52,992 posts, read 34,824,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Radical (Islam)
(Muslim) terrorists.

Islam- the religion which teaches that there is only one God and that Muhammad is God's prophet.
Islam - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Muslim- a person whose religion is Islam: a follower of Islam.
Muslim - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Imagine someone saying "Radical Christians" or "Christian terrorists", some Christians would be upset by that. Obama/liberals are trying to stop more Muslims from hating us (and wanting to kill us.)

Liberals are also trying to bring out normal Muslim priests who do not want to kill non-Muslims. But conservatives could care less about not insulting Muslims, or bringing out Muslim priests who do not want to kill people. Instead conservatives want to insult Muslims and then say "lets kick their as-es."

And I would be partly with conservatives on this, except in the near future these terrorists will have biological weapons (and I don't want biological weapons being released around my family, or around your family.)

Chad.
Kindly answer the posters'a question.

Hint: it was the yes/no type.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:48 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,110,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
What's funny is that you're calling Obama a hypocrite for violating the imagined lingual standard that you, a person on the internet, have projected onto him.

I guess you don't see it the same way he doesn't see it. Imagined lingual standard? It's as clear as a glass, but you go right ahead and ignore his stupidity.

IS - Islamic State
ISIS - Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
ISIL - Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

Yet mums the word on any reference to "Islam" or "Islamic".

Old 02-19-2015, 11:39 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,172,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Political correctness at its best (or worst, should I say?).
hows about buh-bye?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:44 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,108,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ce44 View Post
Hussain Obummer is a Muslim loving idiot. He needs to go, can not wait till he is out in 16
Oh, you pointed out his middle name! That's evidence, isn't it? I mean, Saddam Hussein. Barrack HUSSEIN. They may as well be the same person! And did you notice Osama. Obama. One letters difference. And jet fuel can't melt steel beams! CHEMTRAILS!

In case you couldn't tell by my mockery, I'm saying your post is without substance. If Obama is so Muslim loving, why has he had so many of them killed? That's sort of the opposite of what a Muslim lover would do, isn't it?

Old 02-20-2015, 06:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,881,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What's being lost is that no one wants to admit how perverted Muslim culture really is.
It's not just a "handful of radicals" that promote torturous mysogyny toward women, homophobia, xenophobia,
religious supremacy, genocide, and pedophilia. Islam is not a religion of peace. Every war on this planet right now is some muslim country killing others. It is their perverted culture that is inflaming such extreme hatred and supremacy ideology.
Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Native American, New Age etc religious cultures are not creating a terrorist mentality in their believers. There are just as many displaced, jobless, and poor people in these cultures. So until Muslims start admitting their religion and culture needs some big time reforming, I don't give them any slack.

Apologizing for or dismissing Muslim culture is the same as saying, " Yes, they belong to the KKK, but they're not REALLY racist."
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I see you've picked up Marie Harf's talking point about The Lord's Resistance Army, a Christian group. She didn't call it a death cult or fake Christian. This is part of the ongoing effort to create a false equivalency between 2015 Islam and Christianity. An excuse for Islam.
Plenty here and in the media choose to not distinguish between ISIS terrorists and the whole of Islam.

I mention Prostestantism because The Lord's Resistance Army ( LRA) claims to be affiliated with Protestant Church. The U.S. declared LRA a terrorist organization 14 years ago. The U.S. has funded a resistance effort since 2008. Troops have been long been deployed in an " advisory" capacity.

Imagine the outrage if the U.S. condemned Protestantism or all Christians because of the actions of these barbarians? Yet that is what some attempt to do with Islam.

That the LRA does not have the funding or sophistication to film and use social media as ISIS does, does not diminish the raw barbarism of their actions. Have we gotten to the point that if we don't have a link , we can pretend terrorism, independent of ISIS , does not exist?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:10 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,073,153 times
^Who in the media or government has condemned all of Islam because of ISIS? Has generalized ISIS to all Muslims? Specific examples, please.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,881,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I actually understand the White House's stand on this and am warming up to it. The more I learn of ISIS the more I understand that they want to be the Islamic compass in the world, they want to portray themselves as the real Islam when they are not.

Why give them the distinction? That would be like calling the Italian Mafia "Christian Terrorists".

They are criminals, plain and simple. The soldiers might think they are fighting for God but in the end, they are fighting for position for their criminal leaders who want to build an empire. They are of this Earth, not holy like they think.

The Jordanians, Egyptians, Turks, Kurds and Sadia Arabia are Muslim majority countries and hopeful or actual allies. Heck, Saudi Arabia trends substantially more fundalmentalist than most of the Middle East. I can appreciate the need to tread carefully.

The Clarian Project web site contains DABIQ, a slick online recruiting magazine that aligns ISIS with the whole end times thing which conveniently plays into US Christian Fundalmentalism. That's no accident. It's propaganda.

I have no doubt that if this administration had declared Islam the enemy, Hannity would host panels of Muslims who were deeply offended by the inability to distinguish between some and all. At the same time the terrorists would use a War on Islam to further their interests.

That we waste our energy on an acedemic debate like this is foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies