Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 07:20 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess according to her if you don't agree with her opinion you're a "right wing nutjob". See how these liberals operate? They can never respect another opinion for what it is but feel the need to hurl insults instead. Note how they all claim that we can't think for ourselves by claiming we all watch Fox News? Of course they have to spell it "Faux News" just to demonize. I have no use for liberals one iota anymore based on the above. It's not their opinion that I can't tolerate it's their nasty attitudes in expressing them.
I seem to have hit a nerve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 07:22 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
1.Secure the Boarder.
2.Do not give any rights or benefits to any Immigrant here Illegal.
3. Deport in 3 days if they do not have proper Immigration Paper work. Period
4. Do away with Hate crimes Laws and Murder is murder, rape is rape, Remember the crime fits the punishment.
5.Protect American industry and walk away from NAFTA and other counter productive agreements.
6. deal with outside threat decisively and send a message to would be terrorist.
7.If do have the honor of becoming American and you do put America first your newly found Citizenship is revoked and you and the family get deported.
8.If you a Natural Born American and you choose to fight against America. You are a Traitor shoud be shoot as such.
9.Become Energy Independent so we do not need the worlds resources and we can pick and choose with whom we want to do business with.
1) Agreed.

2) Agree with benefits, not with rights. The constitution does not GIVE rights. If you are a human being, you have rights. This is one of the few areas I do not see any room for discussion in. The constitution does not apply to citizens; it applies to the government. It's a list of things the government is not allowed to take from anyone. It doesn't say only Americans, it says the US government CANNOT take these rights away.

3) I don't know about PERIOD, but yeah, to a point this is reasonable. Medical emergencies or other pressing, unplanned obstacles should be an exception, but if nothing unavoidable or urgent comes up, deportation is reasonable.

4) Fine with doing away hate crimes, but are you saying do away with the mentality of 'murder is murder' etc? If so, I agree. If not, I think you're insane. Killing someone is wrong, but not all murders are the same. There's a difference between drunk driving that causing an accident that causes a death and bringing a shotgun to work and shooting your boss for firing you. Punishment does need to fit the crime, but we become cruel and evil if we refuse to look at circumstance.

5) Sure, though I have no problem with NAFTA

6) How so? I'm fine with us taking action, but if we do anything that Bush or Obama did, I'm against it. Not because I want to be nice to the terrorists, but because our actions and failures made ISIS possible. I'm all for giving second chances and I'll trust the US government to handle these situations, but I refuse to think we can continue doing what we're doing and actually see improvements.

7) What does that mean? And family should come first. I'm a human being before I'm an American.

8) Fight against America or the government? There's a difference. Plenty consider Ed Snowden a traitor, but I see him as a person who wants the government to be transparent, and I think that actually makes him a patriot.

9) We'll either have to amp up production in other markets (wind, solar, water, etc.) or reduce how much we currently use, because as of now, only ~19% of energy resources the US has are domestic.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:25 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,324 times
[quote=Linda_d;38740382]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Don't get all comfy cozy with this, thinking that acceptance equals approval. The vast majority of American's do not personally approve of gay marriage. " They may tolerate it, such as "fine, if you're gonna make that big a deal out of it, and you insist, go ahead with your gay marriages, but don't think that we believe that this is what God intended for marriage and don't think that we approve of it."

Scientific poll after scientific poll say differently. There's been a sea change in attitudes towards gays and same sex marriage in the last decade.

Actually, I don't watch TV news at all.
You are wrong. Accepting the so-called "right" to gay marriage is a far cry from embracing it.

If you don't watch TV news, then how is it that you criticize "Faux" News? You can't be critical of that that you've never watched

Old 03-08-2015, 07:31 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
I seem to have hit a nerve.
Yes, a nerve of truth with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies