Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 06:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And you think that left wing sites are always "valid sources"? If so, you've just once again proven your narrow-mindedness and bias.

Oh, now I see! If the mainstream media didn't report it, according to you, it didn't happen! I guess that you are unaware that the MSM is left leaning and won't report on stories that don't reflect their biases. You allow yourself to be spoon fed by the MSM. BTW, the Daily Caller article did interview a high ranking Obama administration member about what happened. Being that you are an Obama sycophant, you would want to see that, wouldn't you?

Did it ever occur to you that sites on both sides of the political spectrum can have truth to them? Of course, you will never know this because of your prejudices.

Informed voters will look at both sides of the coin before making up their minds. They will take a hard look at both candidates. For example, that RINO on the ballot might just be more appealing to you than the bluedog democrat that is his/her opponent.

I just looked at the NC voter ID law. It requires voters to show a photo ID (starting in 2016) when they vote. It's no different from what my state requires. If you were paying attention to what I wrote, you would have seen where I mentioned that. So...then what's your problem with having to show ID to vote? You are talking out of both sides of your mouth when it comes to this subject.

You've lost the argument here. You've also proven just how narrow-minded and willfully ignorant you are. It's time to stop embarrassing yourself.
I never claimed that, there are a number of far left news sources that I don't take for truth either.

And now you run back to the tired myth that MSM is all left leaning....did your right wing media tell you this?

Sure, news sources from either side of the political spectrum can have some truth to them, the problem is when you believe that they are telling you the whole truth without being able to verify that story.

The list of what is required for a photo ID is what is acceptable, including an expired ID for anyone over 70yrs old. It also accepts an out of state license if you are voting within 90 days of moving to NC. The need for a photo ID to make right wingers happy and give them a false sense of security isn't what bothers me, it is the details for photo ID laws that bothers me. The way NC is doing it, is how it should be done where the details don't violate anyone's right to vote.

You keep saying I have lost an argument, but this isn't a competition, it is just a difference of opinions. Sorry I don't like your news source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 06:41 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,011,140 times
And now you run back to the tired myth that MSM is all left leaning....did your right wing media tell you this?

^Actually, no. For years (as you are obviously far younger than I am) I trusted the MSM to provide balanced coverage of the news. Sure, depending on the newspaper, their editorials and political cartoons were either left or right leaning. I was a long-time subscriber to WaPo. In time, I began to notice that some stories just weren't getting coverage and in fact, were entirely ignored. Not to mention that when a story was covered, the slant was always to the left. We have the internet to thank for that. Yes, there are far left and far right sites out there but you will never know until you look at them. I also noticed that dems were getting a free pass by the MSM while repubs were getting attacked.

Believe it or not, at one time I was a staunch democrat. I grew up in a very blue state hearing stories from my parents and grandparents about how much dems looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Now today's dems are not your father's dems. Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. Unfortunately, low information voters haven't figured that out yet so they keep voting the straight "D" line like mindless automatons. That said, I would vote for a bluedog dem before I would ever vote for a RINO. And, no, I don't belong to the RNC and gave them an earful when they called and tried to get me to join.

You don't like my news source because it terrifies you to think about what you might learn if you weren't so biased and narrow-minded. People who think that way are indeed low information voters who prefer to remain willfully ignorant.

Yes, you have a right to be that way. I just find it incredibly appalling.

No one's rights are violated with voter ID laws. Stop trying to twist yourself into a pretzel to prove otherwise. See---if you weren't so terrified of the Daily Caller, you would learn the downside to not showing ID to vote. Due to your biases, you automatically assume that any content in the Daily Caller is all lies. That's not very enlightened of you.

Now, give it a rest. You seem to be going out of your way to brag about your biases and narrow-mindedness as if you are proud of being that way.

No doubt you will be back for a rebuttal. I would bet money on that. Prove to me otherwise and let it go.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
No one's rights are violated with voter ID laws. Stop trying to twist yourself into a pretzel to prove otherwise.
Depends on the details of a voter ID law, at times it can violate your rights, though there are ways to do it where it doesn't violate anyone's rights. NC is an example of how to do a voter ID law that doesn't violate anyone's rights.

The rest of your post is just off topic and not valid to this subject.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:13 PM

In other words, you didn't like hearing some uncomfortable truths about democrats. Got it!

Yet, you were the one who mentioned the right wing in your post I was just responding to your remark---and it was something that you didn't want to hear.

And if I had placed a bet about you not letting it go, I would have won

Old 02-23-2015, 07:36 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

You really must get a grip and focus on the real issues of the Land.
YEAH the Republican push to prevent those those usually vote Democrat from voting.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
YEAH the Republican push to prevent those those usually vote Democrat from voting.
And democrats push to not show ID because they don't want to stop illegal aliens and dead people from voting.

How, exactly, does required ID to vote stop someone from voting? States have programs to provide valid state-issued ID for free if a person can't afford it.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:55 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,809,783 times
Quote:
And democrats push to not show ID because they don't want to stop illegal aliens and dead people from voting.

How, exactly, does required ID to vote stop someone from voting? States have programs to provide valid state-issued ID for free if a person can't afford it.
The actual data supports the thesis that Voter ID lowers the voting in certain groups by a substantial amount. Fact not speculation.

There are virtually no cases involving illegal aliens. Virtually all involve voting by legal residents and felons. Both classes with IDs.

Dead people or those impersonating them don't vote in person.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:39 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
In the very beginning of this thread, I posted:

We are 3 days and 20 pages later... no such an example.

Don't hold your breadth for liberals to admit that they hate voter ID laws, because fraudulent votes help them to win elections. Truth is not their strong side.
OK, I posted that I was an example, a few pages back, but didn't elaborate.

I rarely come here anymore but I'll explain further since you falsely insist that no one chimed in.

1. Move to Florida.

2. Try to get government ID, which is required to register to vote.

3. Find out I need a certified copy of my birth certificate. I only have copies.

4. Send away for required BC and wait. (BTW, one must PAY for this, which serves as a handy, if unconstitutional, poll tax.)

5. Florida cuts off voter registration a FULL MONTH before the election. Because, voter fraud, Jesus, brown people, or something. BC does not arrive in time.

6. Cannot vote in a tight gubernatorial election in which only a few votes might have made the difference.

Happy? It worked exactly as the Tea Party hoped it would. And of course, if money was tight, I wouldn't have been able to afford the BC. (I know, I know, I "should" scrape together the money. I "should" have had my original certified BC. "Should" is a huge part of every illegal voter fraud argument. Yawn. )

Old 02-27-2015, 10:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
I don't mind showing state ID for anything. 99 times out of 100, I have it on me anyway so it's no big deal. I do not know why (unless you move) anyone would try and vote without registering before hand. I did that once and to be honest, I did that stupidly because I didn't say to get an absentee ballot. Ever since 2013, I've use it for local, primaries and state offices. Once I was registered, I don't have to worry about showing id if it is sent to my address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies