Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I think what's really bothering the OP is that the Chinese are not being friendly and assimilating into society. Its one thing if they are on vacation but if they are living here then they should try to assimilate into society.
Why?

It took European immigrants generations to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 08:43 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The right to free speech refers to "political speech" only. It protects people from being prosecuted for protesting their government or its leaders.
Show me and qworldorder where it says you can't speak any language you want in America.

It seems to me demanding a group speak the language YOU want is making it political.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:59 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Here is a little anecdotal evidence, in support of the OP.

Last May, 2014, I attended classes to obtain a real estate sales associate license in the state of Florida.

There was a Chinese national in the class as well. He said, in no uncertain terms, he was told to come to the states and obtain a license to sell real estate. No laws are being broken, all perfectly legal. Somehow, I doubt he's the only one that came here with those instructions.

They cannot be sent here to assimilate, they are sent to acquire assets for the Chinese regime. Their way, and method of government cannot leave room for any other possibility.

A year before that, I rented a single family residential home in Cape Coral. later to find out that home was owned by a Chinese national, residing in China. My rent dollars were collected by a management firm here, and sent back to China, after expenses paid here of course.

Since Chinese citizens cannot own property themselves, one would assume that any assets bought and paid for by a Chinese national, actually becomes, by extension, property of the Chinese state.

Yes, they can buy us, lock, stock, and barrel. We allow it, and we facilitate it by providing them with the US dollars to do so. The almighty dollar trumps all when it comes to America.

CN.......

Old 02-25-2015, 09:04 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Since Chinese citizens cannot own property themselves, one would assume that any assets bought and paid for by a Chinese national, actually becomes, by extension, property of the Chinese state.
You are incorrect. Chinese citizens can own property - in China and abroad. So much for your evil commie proxy buyer theory.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Here is a little anecdotal evidence, in support of the OP.

Last May, 2014, I attended classes to obtain a real estate sales associate license in the state of Florida.

There was a Chinese national in the class as well. He said, in no uncertain terms, he was told to come to the states and obtain a license to sell real estate. No laws are being broken, all perfectly legal. Somehow, I doubt he's the only one that came here with those instructions.

They cannot be sent here to assimilate, they are sent to acquire assets for the Chinese regime. Their way, and method of government cannot leave room for any other possibility.

A year before that, I rented a single family residential home in Cape Coral. later to find out that home was owned by a Chinese national, residing in China. My rent dollars were collected by a management firm here, and sent back to China, after expenses paid here of course.

Yes, they can buy us, lock, stock, and barrel. We allow it, and we facilitate it by providing them with the US dollars to do so. The almighty dollar trumps all when it comes to America.

CN.......
Nothing precludes a China national from private ownership of land outside China. Laws precluding land ownership within China have evolved.

Nothing precludes a foreigner from owning land in the US.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:25 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is not Consumerism, it is vain materialism. You will never find anyone as materialistic as a Communist.
Marxism is grounded in the theory of dielectical materialism and believes that all history can be explained by mans accumulation of wealth, the tendency of man and his communities to increase in size, complexity and technical sophistication. That there is an arrow of progress that man can guide to even bigger, richer, more technically sophisticated economic, social and political systems. Communists argue man has gone from hunter-gather to agrarian to industrial to post industrial and that man will progress to the communist state after that. Think of Communism as a group of high net worth individuals at a fine catered evening session at the invitation only Davos Conference in Switzerland.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:34 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
I always regarded myself as tolerant of people of all backgrounds. But now one group of people has tested not only my patience, but also my tolerance. And that group of people are this new wave of Chinese immigrants and visitors to the United States.

And why does no one even bat an eye on them? $$$

This new wave of mainland Chinese have a mentality that they can buy their way into the United States, and that everything in this country is theirs for the taking, as long as they pay for it by any means necessary. And we in America take their money without regard for the consquences.

They do NOT assimilate as the earlier waves of Chinese, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong immigrants did. More and more Chinese international students are enrolling at the community colleges in my area. Because again, $$$. Those Chinese international students make NO effort to assimilate among their fellow students, clustering in their own groups speaking Mandarin amongst themselves, not English. Just yesterday I went back to a community college I attended to pick up some forms, and there were parts of the campus where I felt like I was at the University of Beijing. Not because those people were Asian, it's because I heard Mandarin out of their mouths, not English.

In cities in my area, it is now just as possible to live a Chinese-only lifestyle as it is to live a Spanish-only or English-only lifestyle. Municipalities here state "Mandarin/Cantonese/etc. preferred" in their job postings. More and more retailers are catering to Chinese with money. Last time I visited the biggest, most well-known local mall in this part of Southern California (Westfield Santa Anita) I felt like I was in Beijing or Shanghai. And in many Asian-majority neighborhoods, good luck finding a sign you can read.

Remember how I mentioned this new wave of Chinese think they can just buy their way into this country?

Rich Chinese are coming here on tourist visas to have babies with U.S. citizenship. Yes, they are having ANCHOR BABIES. They pay for everything all in cash, and it's all legal under the 14th Amendment and U.S. immigration law. The maternity hotels generally keep a low profile here, but people know they are here. In a community near mine, one only has to walk down a sidewalk along a major street and see the groups of pregnant Chinese women waddling around together to the nearby mall or big-box stores to go shopping.

And they come into those big-box stores to buy mass quantities of baby formula. Stores have set limits on formula buying, but they come in again and again to buy more. And of course, they are cheap so they will come in with as many coupons in hand as possible, and if there are free giftcards on offer, you bet half the population of China will be in the store buying up formula to send back to China for profit.

They tear down historic, charming houses to build mansions, offering up mass quantities of cash to longtime residents to get them out and themselves in. And bring their spoiled children with them. Even at the community college I see cars such as Aston Martins in the parking lot driven by China's young and spoiled. Seeing a Ferrari, Bentley, or Lamborghini was once a special occasion when I went to LA's rich, glamourous areas such as Beverly Hills. Now, I see exotic and top-end luxury cars more and more in my local area, and who are the drivers? China's young and spoiled.

Was this rant long? Yes. But no one sees the looming consequences of this new Chinese invasion.
I recall several years ago we had the same thing with rich Japanese.

They were buying up "everything".

They bought what some consider the premier golf course in the world, Pebble beach in Ca,

I believe Hawaii but a moratorium on them from buying any more property there.

I think Seattle had a similar problem.

Then the Japanese economy tanked they sold off a lot of property.

We have have had several rich Chinese come into my area and bought up several golf courses.

Being the optimist that I am, I would rather see the Chinese own them then have them go under, hoping that they will suffer the same fate as the Japanese then Americans can buy them back.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:35 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Exactly. No one wants to talk about IQ anymore, but the fact is, Asians, on average, have an IQ that's 10 points higher than the average Caucasian of European descent. They're also incredibly hard-working and have a drive to succeed.

We need educated, self-disciplined, American-loving, hard-working entrepreneurs here in our country. Badly.
Would you like these immigrants to displace our American children at our universities? If this continues, our American children will be denied a higher education.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:40 AM

335 posts, read 424,144 times
As long as they are paying tuition and local services with their own money and not from welfare, I don't have a problem with it. It boosts the economy near the campuses where they shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Would you like these immigrants to displace our American children at our universities? If this continues, our American children will be denied a higher education.
Higher education is a privilege, not an entitlement. American workers need to study harder and stop being lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It has nothing to do with geographical location. I live in Central Iowa and I see exactly the same phenomena the OP is describing. Chinese students have literally invaded our state university, I walk around some parts of our campus and sometimes I feel like I am in China, many of these Chinese students like the OP stated have absolutely no desire to integrate, learn English, relate to non-Chinese people or be part of this community.
Are you sure you're a Republican? It sounds like you are against free market principles of the Republican Party.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
At least they do not come here illegally and want welfare .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies