Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 11:05 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I agree with you 1000%! I think you should start off by giving money until it hurts! And then give more.

yes, let's organize funding for her to take this issue all the way to the supreme court.

I have a right to a product of my own work, and I will defend this right.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:09 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
yes, let's organize funding for her to take this issue all the way to the supreme court.

I have a right to a product of my own work, and I will defend this right.
Please do. Pretty, pretty please.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:10 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
No, There is Right and there is Wrong. Laws can be wrong.
Just because YOU believe they are wrong, doesn't mean you can just choose to ignore them and get away with it with no consequences.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:44 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
This woman sounds just plain stupid. Gay wedding or not, it's still business. The florist had an opportunity to make money by providing flowers for the gay wedding, yet she turned down the opportunity? Why is she in business then, if she turns down opportunities to make money?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:06 PM

920 posts, read 633,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I personally think that businesses should have the right to deny service for whatever reason! In fact, they don't have to GIVE a reason! The way I see it is if someone doesn't want my business, then I can and will go elsewhere, because someone will take my money. Now, do I agree this flourist's stance? No! So, to those who are saying she is just not willing to go against her beliefs and participate something that she believes is a sin, let me ask all of you this... Would Jesus turn a homosexual away? Would Jesus turn anyone away for that matter? Think really hard before you answer.
"Go forth and sin no more" comes to mind in response. Jesus never turned anyone away who willingly accepted the truth of his gospel. That said, Jesus would not actively embrace those who committed moral sins without them repenting and accepting the word of God.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Please do. Pretty, pretty please.
Trust me, she has received substantial donations towards her defense of this matter. Myself included!

Old 02-26-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Thank you for clarifying.

I didn't say "I have no problem with that" to your question about the fornicating couple. I said she would be within her legal rights.

The government has more than a right, it has a duty to provide equal protection under the law. You continue in your assertion that "religious beliefs" trump all; they don't. You have been shown the SCOTUS decision saying so in this thread, and IIRC in other threads too. It may well be your opinion that they should, but your opinion does not change the legal facts.
This is NOT about equal protection, it is about special privileges for a distinct group of people. The gay customer was served by the florist for over a decade. The issue comes down to freedom of religion protections under the constitution versus special privileges of an entitled class of people...people with homosexual orientation, to demand services in celebration of homosexuality that violate an individuals religious belief that the act of homosexuality is a sin.

She never discriminated against the homosexual! She declined to provide services in support of the celebration of the ACT of homosexuality...because marriage has always had the implication that the couple will consummate a marriage (in fact, failure to consummate is grounds for an annulment). Get it....it's not about the individuals or their sexual preference, it has to do with the ceremony that celebrates the sinful act.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
We need to set the woman up with good lawyers and organize in her support.
She has very capable lawyers fighting for her. And she has hundreds of local supporters who are donating to her defense fund as well.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:19 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
"Go forth and sin no more" comes to mind in response. Jesus never turned anyone away who willingly accepted the truth of his gospel. That said, Jesus would not actively embrace those who committed moral sins without them repenting and accepting the word of God.

He wouldn't deny them either. The beauty of it is He was sacrificed so that we all may be saved! BTW we ALL sin! It's in our nature. You do also know what Jesus said about passing judgement on others too? At any rate, while it is the woman's right to do so, me personally in good conscience I could not deny anyone or discriminate against anyone based soley on their skin color, gender, or sexual orientation be it in public or private. Now if you're being an a-hole, and trying to start trouble...well... now that's different! Anyway, I don't think God would send you, me this lady into the eternal lake of fire over selling flowers to a gay couple for their wedding. I also don't think God is going to send divorcees to Hell for divorce over a bad or even abusive marriage. Now, if you are truly a wicked and evil individual, and murder someone or many others in cold blood without remorse, or steal and treat others badly without remorse, yeah I think maybe you just may be in trouble! But even then if scripture holds true even THEY can be forgiven! I mean, after all on the day that Christ was being crucified a common thief was also being crucified, and Christ told him believe and you will be with me.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:21 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Well on one hand there is sound business principles to follow as in attend to all clients for profit.

Or

Conscientous principles to follow which would inhibit someone from enabling or assisting.

I hope we all have some principles in life and have to consider how we would react if in a situation as above in having to choose one or the other.

It is a conundrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies