Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 09:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just wait until the government completely takes it over, with an agency like the FCC.

They will do just like they have done with radio and TV since they became was around the publishing money in government back pocket for propaganda.
They will censor what they do not want you to know.
Is this what they are pushing on right wing media today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 09:56 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yup. I currently share a comcast connection with my neighbors (I pay $20/month to the account holder). But if I had to sign up for my own account, I would have to get a package deal that includes cable TV, a landline phone *and* internet.
I dont know if Comcast still offers this particular service. They were advertising by mail a year of so ago.

But I would recommend calling them and asking if they still offer the 45 dollar per month internet only deal. You do have to spend something like 79.95 up front for a cable modem, and on top of that, if you want wireless access you have to provide your own wireless router. But the bandwidth! OMG!

Like you, I am not really interested in the Comcast TV and movie packages.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Is this what they are pushing on right wing media today?

They did it with print media, and then radio. TV came along and bam
Next was the shortwave radio and HAM / CB radios to get freedom taken.

Now the government is getting involved in the internet, because it is a constant security breech for them.
Hacking the government is a full time job for thousands.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
They did it with print media, and then radio. TV came along and bam
Next was the shortwave radio and HAM / CB radios to get freedom taken.

Now the government is getting involved in the internet, because it is a constant security breech for them.
Hacking the government is a full time job for thousands.
Well we will just have to wait and wait for that to happen....though I have a sneaking suspicion that the right wing media is pushing onto their viewers.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well we will just have to wait and wait for that to happen....though I have a sneaking suspicion that the right wing media is pushing onto their viewers.

You must not be old enough to remember the FCC going after the CB radio trend.
Communications that the government couldn't completely shut down, scared the tyrants.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:25 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
The end of internet liberty.
Prepare to be 'scrubbed' for our own good...

Old 02-26-2015, 10:34 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
You must not be old enough to remember the FCC going after the CB radio trend.
Communications that the government couldn't completely shut down, scared the tyrants.
Which crackdown would you be referring to? The illegal use of higher power equipment? The illegal and unlicensed use of frequencies outside the CB band?

Do you realize what would happen if people were allowed to use whatever frequency they wanted and transmit at whatever power they wanted?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Which crackdown would you be referring to? The illegal use of higher power equipment? The illegal and unlicensed use of frequencies outside the CB band?

Do you realize what would happen if people were allowed to use whatever frequency they wanted and transmit at whatever power they wanted?

Freedom to spread propaganda the government didn't want viewed.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:26 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I dont know if Comcast still offers this particular service. They were advertising by mail a year of so ago.

But I would recommend calling them and asking if they still offer the 45 dollar per month internet only deal. You do have to spend something like 79.95 up front for a cable modem, and on top of that, if you want wireless access you have to provide your own wireless router. But the bandwidth! OMG!

Like you, I am not really interested in the Comcast TV and movie packages.

I have responded to these mail campaigns. Never seem to be available "in my area." Yes, even the ones that get sent to "resident, my address." Don't ask me what kind of marketer would do that.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Freedom to spread propaganda the government didn't want viewed.
Yep, the government is gonna take your internet away by making it so internet providers cannot pick and choose which sites you have easy or hard access to view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies