Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 02:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times

Advertisements

“The Daily Show” managed to fit 50 Fox News lies into one remarkable 6-second video - Salon.com

Stewart sure does loving ripping apart Faux Snooze
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 02:50 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Well, in Fox's defense, they make it incredibly easy. Basically, if a Fox anchor's lips are moving, the odds are they are either lying outright or grossly misrepresenting the truth in some way. Those 50 examples represent a mere drop in the bucket.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:37 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I wonder what is worse?
a right leaning news agency misrepresenting the truth
or a
left leaning news agency totally ignoring any bad press about the Obama regime?

At least with FOX we can talk about what they report and get to the bottom of it and then form an opinion but if the story never comes out it is almost like it never happened.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:42 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Is that vine safe for epileptics?

Old 02-28-2015, 04:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
I wonder why so many who want to know what Fox is reporting, watch MSNBC..

Dont MSNBC have any REAL news to be reporting? I'll be damned curious when another news channel, became "news"..

Old 02-28-2015, 04:25 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I wonder what is worse?
a right leaning news agency misrepresenting the truth
or a
left leaning news agency totally ignoring any bad press about the Obama regime?

At least with FOX we can talk about what they report and get to the bottom of it and then form an opinion but if the story never comes out it is almost like it never happened.
Is lying not worse than saying nothing?

Personally, I don't care. News media is a joke regardless of which end of the bias one prefers, but objectively, not reporting isn't technically a lie.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:33 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Faux news jumps on anything with Obama to please their owner. They have their right wing agenda and anyone watching Faux knows it. That's the only thing their views want to hear. Never mind if it's true or not...

Old 02-28-2015, 04:46 PM

519 posts, read 597,944 times
I'm a moderate when it comes to politics, but in Fox's defense, I bet not all of these are lies.

1. "In July 2010 the government said small businesses -- 60 percent -- will lose their health care, 45 percent of big business and a large percentage of individual health."

Sean Hannity, Nov. 11, 2013

Not a lie, but mistaken

Hannity was citing a report on NBC & forbes

-
2. "And President Obama has offered to pay out of his own pocket for the museum of Muslim culture out of his own pocket, yet it's the Republican National Committee who's paying for this."

Anna Kooiman, Oct. 5, 2013

LIE
-

3. Labor union president Andy Stern is "the most frequent visitor" at the White House.

Glenn Beck, Dec. 3, 2009

The visitor logs released on Oct. 30, 2009 by the White House, did show that Stern's name appeared 22 times, more than anyone else listed.

-

4. "Far more children died last year drowning in their bathtubs than were killed accidentally by guns."

Tucker Carlson, Aug. 9, 2014

Technically, he's not lying if he's referring to the 0-14 year old age group. It's the 15-17 age group that really pushes the number to more gun deaths.

-

5. White House Political Director Patrick Gaspard once served as the "right-hand man" for Bertha Lewis, who heads up ACORN.

Steve Doocy, Sept. 29, 2009

Fox was basing this of a statement by ACORN founder Wayne Rathke. Rathke later said Gaspard did not work for ACORN. However Gaspard's brother did work for them and Patrick has ties to Bertha Lewis.
-

6. "Look at the debt that has been accumulated in the last two years. It's more debt under this president than all those other presidents combined."

Sarah Palin, May 31, 2011

No, but as of today it is true, despite the current admin enjoying the lowest interest rates on public debt in our history.

-

I'm not going to bother going through the rest of them, but you could see the list and notice they're not technically all lies. Some are mistakes, misquotes, some misinformation, some exaggerating, some are lies. But BOTH sides do this. I would like to see someone from Fox compile the same kind of Vine against MSNBC and CNN. It shouldn't be hard to do. They should include clips involving atrocious race-baiting, like guests on MSNBC were doing around the Ferguson events.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:51 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Actually the video itself is a lie, because the quotes are going by so fast that you can't read them to tell whether they are really lies or not.

That has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I want that 6 seconds back. Actually for me it was more like 3-4, because once I realized that I couldn't read the captions, I closed the window.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:21 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies