Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Exactly. I got arrested for protesting inside my local elementary school one day. Since when do I not have the right to protest in The People's Buildings???
You can protest but not disrupt.

Apparently the protest inside the building constituted a disruption.

As would a protest inside the school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 11:55 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I find this post to be high hypocrisy. You bleat on about protecting the First Amendment rights, (which many fought and died for), but you take no issue with our 2nd Amendment Rights being dismantled.

Boston terrorists didn't have gun permits

You have even stooped low enough to call firearms, "weapons of mass destruction":

So nobody's calling for gun confiscation, huh?

Spare me your sudden patriotism and protection of the Constitution.

The fact is, if someone is breaking a law or trespassing, it doesn't matter how "peaceful" that person is, it's against the law. Your rights end where mine begin....something else "peaceful" protestors fail to comprehend.
Ouch...that's gonna leave a mark! LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn
I am talking about our first amendment rights (which many fought and died for) being under attack.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
What do we expect from the resurgent Right Wing Kingdom of Wisconsin? Rationality and reason? Not very likely given the tyrant they elected.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What do we expect from the resurgent Right Wing Kingdom of Wisconsin? Rationality and reason? Not very likely given the tyrant they elected.
LOL...he was elected 3 times in 4 years....and you lefties lost your asses....no more need to be mad...LOL...

LOL again....WI has voted DEM in the last 7 presentational elections....

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The right wing KINGDOM....

Wisconsin Presidential Election Voting History

Old 03-03-2015, 12:44 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
I find this post to be high hypocrisy. You bleat on about protecting the First Amendment rights, (which many fought and died for), but you take no issue with our 2nd Amendment Rights being dismantled.

You have even stooped low enough to call firearms, "weapons of mass destruction":

The fact is, if someone is breaking a law or trespassing, it doesn't matter how "peaceful" that person is, it's against the law. Your rights end where mine begin....something else "peaceful" protestors fail to comprehend.
The thread was not really about the first amendment
. It was a thinly veiled attack on scot walker

Old 03-03-2015, 01:50 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The case you cite now is for Michel crute,
yet the case you cite in the original post was Ted Wiggens,
So your thread was about ted wiggins but your citing the Michalel crute case
Seems like an attack on scott walker

They all had their constitutional rights violated. How does Scott Walker play into this?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
But just that one rule in that one case. The judge didn't rule all such rules are unconstitutional.

One of the big errors careless regulation-makers make is that they pass absolute regulation: "Thou shalt never..." Generally, those regulations are remedied by putting in place an application process and a review process that issues a reasonable number of permits with reasonable conditions, required based on reasonable considerations of time, place and manner.
Seems you didn't read the link you are attempting to comment on.

Allow me to showcase the pertinent point:
UPDATED: Thursday, January 29, 2015 --- 9:24 a.m.

Quote:
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A Wisconsin appeals court says a state requirement that singers in the state Capitol obtain a permit was unconstitutional.
UPDATE: Wisconsin appeals court: Protest policy was unconstitutional

Note that it ruled on the constitutionality of a state requirement, not "one case."

Old 03-03-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
At that time, did he/they break a law?

Can you see into the future?
You mean the attempt to stifle free speech by unconstitutionally dictating that permits were required? There was no law of which they broke.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:

I never stated that the second amendment should be done away with. Now back on topic, what do you think about the first amendment rights being taken away from peaceful protesters?

Old 03-03-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You can protest but not disrupt.

Apparently the protest inside the building constituted a disruption.

As would a protest inside the school.
They were singing over the lunch hour. Hardly what I would refer to as a disruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies