Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 10:38 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Homosexuals advance their cause with always saying they are hated.. no they are not hated! The activity they engage in is wrong . Drug addicts engage in another wrong activity but they are not pushing their agenda to advance their wrong activity with saying they are hated.
reality wants you back

Old 03-05-2015, 10:39 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I will second what you said. I did not choose to be gay either.
Or me, or my husband, or any of my gay friends. Or any of my gay coworkers. Or 99.9% of people who are gay. The OP is focusing on the tiny number of people who say they were gay and then "switched" for their own personal reasons out of the gay population of millions.

It's a silly point to be made, and obviously most everyone in here is calling him out on his statements - as well as a majority of society and science who naturally can agree you're born gay. I mean just ask a gay person who isn't one of the few who flew back into the closet and say they're straight now. Notice how most people who "decide they're not gay" anymore are also heavily involved in religion or have very religious people in their lives as their support blanket?

It's just offensive he's saying these things, given you can ask countless gay people about the hardships, violence and trauma they suffered growing up gay in a world where you weren't supposed to be gay. I HATED the fact I was gay from the time I first realized it around age 10 until I was maybe 21 years old. HATED it. Thought about suicide, decided I would just marry a woman anyone and live a life hiding in the closet just so I could be normal and so I could make people around me happy.

Then around age 21 I realized that you only get one shot at life, that in my head I was so freaked out about being gay, but I saw that there were a LOT of people out there who were ok with it. I decided that since I was never going to change the fact I was gay, I might as well just learn to live with it. Today I'm actually happy I'm gay. I love my life, I LOVE my fiance (getting married June 6th after 5 years of being together), I love my friends, I love everything about my life.

Turns out I was so devestated at being gay and so terrified of letting anyone know that it took me years to realize that not everyone out there demonizes gays and tells them they're unnatural or makes them feel like they should be ashamed of themselves like Sorel36 is doing. Most people are fine with it, accepting that it's just life and don't care. My parents were more than happy for me even though I was an only child. They were happy that I was being myself. I even came out to my 90 year old grandmother a few months ago since I'm now getting married. I was nervous how she would take it, growing up on a rural farm in Iowa and being quite religious. She was extremely happy for me and that I found someone. She just looked up at my dad when he told her and said "Well I love Chris so much (my fiance), and just think, he could have married a woman and we all hated her!! She could have been terrible".

I just brush off people like the OP. It's sad for scared people in the closet to hear things like that because they can start feeling like it's true. That they should be ashamed of who they are or somehow need to change. As you can't change, most of them just live a life of lies. Wasting their lives as well as those they are lying to in the form of sham marriages "just because it's what you're supposed to do" according to those who make up their own rules for everyone else.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:39 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
reality wants you back
Whose reality??

Old 03-05-2015, 10:40 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
It's like saying being black is a choice
There are tangible and observable genetic differences between caucasians and black africans, just as there are tangible and observable intra-european and intra-african genetic differences. If you hand over a sample of your DNA to a laboratory, they will tell you precisely from what place on this planet your ancestors came from.

These differences do not make europeans and africans "racially" different however. But that is a different topic.

There are no observable genetic differences between homosexuals and heterosexuals.

Last edited by Sorel36; 03-05-2015 at 11:13 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 10:41 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So heteros should also have to prove they were born that way, eh?
Good point.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Please post questions regarding biblical jurisprudence in the appropriate forum. Thanks.
This thread was posted in the wrong forum....It should have been posted in the bigots - R - us section.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This thread was posted in the wrong forum....It should have been posted in the bigots - R - us section.
Sorry, but that's really funny.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:46 AM

A study of gay men in the US has found fresh evidence that male sexual orientation is influenced by genes. Scientists tested the DNA of 400 gay men and found that genes on at least two chromosomes affected whether a man was gay or straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zno8e4R6gA

Old 03-05-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I believe I've seen this list somewhere else on C-D before. If you're still searching for answers, why not take it to the Religion forum. Here it is OT.
Having trouble recognizing sarcasm are you?

Old 03-05-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A study of gay men in the US has found fresh evidence that male sexual orientation is influenced by genes. Scientists tested the DNA of 400 gay men and found that genes on at least two chromosomes affected whether a man was gay or straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zno8e4R6gA
Genes change...according to Al Sears, MD, reporting on Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute's results of their groundbreaking study.

85 percent - the epigenome - is a scaffolding of proteins that surround your DNA's double-helix pattern.
As it turns out, this "scaffolding" functions as an interface that interacts with your environment. Based on the lifestyle choices you make, the epigenome has the power to turn genes on or off, changing the way your body translates your genetic coding into the proteins that make up YOU.

Your Genetic code can be changed and is not set in stone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies