Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 11:36 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't they be bisexuals who chose a different sexual preference?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:41 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
...If you don't like gay sex, then don't have gay sex, and if you don't like gay marriage then don't marry the same sex....Why can't people like you mind your own business anyway?
That's what it comes down to, in my opinion. As long as they are consenting adults, the last thing I care about is which citizen is having sex with which other citizen.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:44 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I did prove that heteros are born straight. I also notice a disturbing trend : dismissing any attempt at a rational conversation on this topic by calling the other side bigots. I find this quite outrageous since the pro LGBT are among the most ideologically driven people who will deliberately ignore all facts in order to push their views and their agenda.
But did you prove straight people are born straight and gay people are born straight and choose to change?

I think not, one little video not withstanding.

And just what facts are being ignored as you allege?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:51 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Considering that the vast majority of gay people don't procreate, it's a dumb idea to claim that being gay is genetic. If it was then it would have dwindled away over time, since gay people don't usually have offspring to pass their genes onto.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:55 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Small percentage, but very demanding and loud.
Oh the irony.

Quote:
Homosexuality is a behavior, and not all behaviors should be tolerated. But you proved that you cannot tolerate people who offer opinions different than yours, even when presented in a rational, non offensive manner.
The appropriate response to intolerance is to be intolerant of it. You do not like being called intolerant or bigoted when your very posts her paint you clearly as both of those things. You go so far as to equate homosexuality with disease and boldly claim it is behavior not to be tolerated.

So yes; I am bigoted against your bigotry. I am intolerant of your intolerance. As any reasonable, compassionate person should be.

At least my form of intolerance wouldn't deny anyone rights, equal treatment or involve marginalization, or label a certain group of people as lesser or second class.

The fact you fail to see this is likely indicative of other discrepancies of cognition from which you suffer.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Considering that the vast majority of gay people don't procreate, it's a dumb idea to claim that being gay is genetic. If it was then it would have dwindled away over time, since gay people don't usually have offspring to pass their genes onto.
Many of us do have children. In the past homosexuals hid and married the opposite sex to fit in, they procreated. Many still hide and marry the opposite sex, example - "ex-gays".

Homosexual does not mean sterile.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:57 AM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Assuming it is just a behavior, and that's a HUGE assumption largely unsupported by fact.

Just WHO would you deem capable of deciding just WHAT behaviors are to be tolerated?

Based on WHAT standards?

Society.

Reference the way the People of States have voted on the issue.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:59 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is a choice.
I say again: who cares? Even if it were 100% true, it has no relevance to anything whatsoever.

Quote:
...evidence abounds.
You make such claims, yet avoid/evade answering simple, direct, honest questions related to them:

Quote:
What evidence? If it is so bountiful, surely you can present some real scientific data on the topic, right?
What a surprise.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Former homosexuals
I think a more politically correct term is "recovering homosexuals".

Old 03-05-2015, 12:20 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Sigh...

I know there's an overlap of people who think being gay is a choice and evolution is not true (which means there's an overlap of completely morons and people who think being gay is a choice), so it's often difficult to reason with them. But since they're often conservatives, let's base this on individual freedom.

If being gay is a choice, what gives you the right to dictate it? That completely contradicts individualism, and I challenge anyone on the right to explain that it's not.

I don't expect a response because it's a question that requires thought in a debate where the right chooses not to think, but the question is out there and I look forward to someone explaining how their oppressive view on homosexuality is not contradictory to their ideas of individual freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies