Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 11:34 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,569,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Let's define their bat*** crazy.

My Tea Party ideas compose of, but are not limited to:
1. A balanced budget.
2. A government limited in it's power.
3. Reduced spending on most everything, including the military.
4. Stop being the world's police and mind our own business.
5. Stop this insane drug war.
6. Get the government out of the marriage business. Any adult should be able to marry any other adult.

If you believe that is bat**** crazy. Ok then.
OK, Lets take a look at it...

1. Balanced Budget--stop assistance to those who need it and the elderly, the sick, etc.
2. A Government Limited in Its Power-- Dump Regulations in Favor of Corporate Profits
3. Reduce Spending on Everything...Social Security, Health Care, Lifeline Services, etc.
4. Stop being World Police...Be World Dictators instead--Declare more Wars
5. Stop Insane Drug War- Drugs make Money and make people less resistant to Fascism.
6. Get Government out of Marriage Business---Ban anything "GOD" does not sanction...

WE got it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 11:47 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
OK, Lets take a look at it...

1. Balanced Budget--stop assistance to those who need it and the elderly, the sick, etc.
2. A Government Limited in Its Power-- Dump Regulations in Favor of Corporate Profits
3. Reduce Spending on Everything...Social Security, Health Care, Lifeline Services, etc.
4. Stop being World Police...Be World Dictators instead--Declare more Wars
5. Stop Insane Drug War- Drugs make Money and make people less resistant to Fascism.
6. Get Government out of Marriage Business---Ban anything "GOD" does not sanction...

WE got it....

Let's take a look at what I would have to guess your opinions are.

1. Balanced budget - no we should increase spending regardless of debt and increase taxes as much as possible.
2. A government limited in its power - of course not. We need the government to have complete control of our lives. They need to dictate what we eat so we don't waste food or get fat. We need to read the books that they choose so we are properly educated. They need to tell us where to live so we are properly integrated. They need to tell us what we are allowed to say so that we don't offend anyone.
3. Reduce Spending on Everything - Nope, we can never spend enough, deficits be damned.
4. Stop being world's police - no we need to attack those whom we disagree.
5. Stop Insane drug wars - no we need to drive the pharmaceutical companies out of business. The government can do everything.
6. Get government out of marriage business - nope, the government needs to force men to marry other men so they better understand gay issues.

You see how that works?

Probably not, since you forgo logic for emotion.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:19 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
tea party folks are common sense americans. as such. most of their values align with supposed republican values.

Tea Party activists like myself are several things the statists, Alinskyites and Gruberites belonging to both parties despise.

First, we are Constitutionalists who don`t tolerate politicians, organizations and activists who ignore or distort what is clearly stated in the Constitution.

Second, we are driven to educate ourselves and others about the Constitution and how we have come to a point that we allow our elected officials to escape accountability.

Third, we are active in the political process.

Together, what makes one a Tea Party participant also makes one the antidote for the statism, Alinskyism and Gruberism that has made office holders largely unaccountable to the voters.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:24 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
The Tea Party, to most common folks is the extreme right edge of Republican dregs, teetering on the edge of White Supremacy, with Guns under their coats. They give off the idea they would like all old people who no longer are productive, to go die, and not use Social Security. They give off the idea that they wish all poor folks and disabled folks to go die, so they won't use Tax Dollars. They think women should have no rights, and its their way or no way. The Majority of Americans view them as a bunch of extreme whackos that would resort to force, if they had the numbers, to take over our Government. Domestic Terrorists kind of comes to mind.

When they freak out Members of their own Party, there is definitely a problem there. I see them as I saw the Nazi Party in Germany before it took power, and was just harassing Jews and folks who did not agree with them. A rogue Political Party, that fortunately for us, has been exposed for what it is and is now losing ground. They had their five minutes on stage and blew it.
Whoever said that?

Where does this stuff come from?

Old 03-06-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Let's define their bat*** crazy.

My Tea Party ideas compose of, but are not limited to:
1. A balanced budget.
2. A government limited in it's power.
3. Reduced spending on most everything, including the military.
4. Stop being the world's police and mind our own business.
5. Stop this insane drug war.
6. Get the government out of the marriage business. Any adult should be able to marry any other adult.

If you believe that is bat**** crazy. Ok then.
The moron leftists will never stop with their slander.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Whoever said that?
Obviously, no one. His reality is what he perceives through emotional glasses.

Quote:
Where does this stuff come from?
My guess is blind hatred of his "enemy".

Old 03-06-2015, 01:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
None. Please show me a single post I've ever made where I have stated what the Green Party believes or what is going on in their movement.

If I were criticizing the Green Party, your question would be very valid, the same way that my question about what TEA Party meetings or events you've attended is valid.

This just shows both of your ignorance.

The TEA Party has caused establishment Republican candidates to lose in primaries. That right there is proof that the TEA Party is not lock step with the Republican Party.

It's quite obvious that both of you make all of your assumption about the TEA Party based upon what you read on liberal websites and read on forums like this where you spend so much time trying to reinforce each others negative opinions.

It reminds me of the US WWII propaganda and the way the Japanese were portrayed.
I don't need to go to KKK or Neo Nazi meetings either to know what they are all about. We have this magical thing called the internet that is full of information for anyone seeking it. Plus any time someone shouts out that they are a Tea Bagger, it is pretty easy to figure out what their message is.

You are stuck in 2010 it seems, how many Tea Party people won the primaries in 2014? How many people who call themselves Tea Party people today are in Congress?

Old 03-06-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Tea Party activists like myself are several things the statists, Alinskyites and Gruberites belonging to both parties despise.

First, we are Constitutionalists who don`t tolerate politicians, organizations and activists who ignore or distort what is clearly stated in the Constitution.

Second, we are driven to educate ourselves and others about the Constitution and how we have come to a point that we allow our elected officials to escape accountability.

Third, we are active in the political process.

Together, what makes one a Tea Party participant also makes one the antidote for the statism, Alinskyism and Gruberism that has made office holders largely unaccountable to the voters.
The only problem I see with that is that the Tea Party likes to hold the Constitution in front of them, like a War Banner to give the appearance they are all for the People, when in fact they are all for themselves, and their Constitution is the one they have re-written to suit their own Agenda, much like ISIS saying it is following what is written in their Religion, when in fact its a distorted version of what fits their agenda. Talk is cheap, and all one has to do is look at the actions and it does not reflect constitutional values. It would be different if this was only my opinion, but its a shared opinion with a Majority of ordinary people in both Parties. You said it right, in a way, when you said "We are Constitutionalists who don`t tolerate politicians, organizations and activists who ignore or distort what is clearly stated in the Constitution." The Constitution you support is your interpretation tailored to your needs, and no one with any other idea is tolerated.

Now, before anyone flies off the handle, as I said, I was a devout Republican, and shared a lot of their values in defense of the real Constitution, so its not like I am some left wing extreme Democrat, with an ax to grind. There are extremists on both sides of the aisle, but nothing compared to the Teas.

No one has to agree nor do I care if they disagree. That's life, and you create your own Karma.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
!

What an unbelievable lying, hate-filled post!
Anyone ever wonder why we are "hate filled" Does it have anything never ending slander these people spout?

Old 03-06-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
!

What an unbelievable lying, hate-filled post!
How do you lie when you express an opinion? Where is the hate part? Just expressing what a lot of folks and myself see.

I know, I know, if you guys where in charge, I would not be allowed to say that right? I get it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies