Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe the DOJ report contributed at all to the shooting.
Yes, it probably played some role. 93 70.45%
No, it had nothing to do with the shooting. 34 25.76%
I have no idea. 5 3.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 09:04 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Nope.

This falls on the Police Department. They need to clean house and start over. The neglected listening to concerns of the citizens of that community for decades. This has been boiling over for some time. Trust needs to be re-established. I think every officer in that department would be wise to resign and move. It sounds unfair, but it is for the best.
You are a blind man.

David Horowitz: The Left’s Destruction of Inner-City Communities | FrontPage Magazine
"We witnessed in Ferguson a 4-month modern-day lynch mob convict the cop because he’s white, convict him in advance of the evidence or else, and then when the evidence comes in and shows that this individual was resisting arrest — I mean how many people would attack an armed police officer in his police car, and that police officer was fighting for his life — and yet so powerful is this leftist ideology that you have sports athletes, hero figures to American youth, “hands up, don’t shoot,” or “can’t breathe,” an assault on the police force.
Eric Holder, a leader of that lynch mob, had just issued his report from Ferguson. Even though he had all these leftwing lawyers looking for evidence, anything they could twist into saying that the cop was racist, they couldn’t find any evidence whatsoever for the incident that triggered their investigation, but they have indicted the whole police force."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 09:07 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,309,775 times
Default The 'Community' should share some blame for cops being shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The shooters are responsible for their actions.
Yes, they are. Let's see if 'the community' will come forward, so those guilty can be prosecuted.

Quote:
Nope.

This falls on the Police Department. They need to clean house and start over. The neglected listening to concerns of the citizens of that community for decades. This has been boiling over for some time. Trust needs to be re-established. I think every officer in that department would be wise to resign and move. It sounds unfair, but it is for the best.
The Police that were shot were not from the Ferguson Police department, they were there to help keep order.

I do agree that the present department should resign and go elsewhere where they are wanted. I also hope 'the community' will come forward and volunteer to be the Police for Ferguson. Let's see if they can 'walk the walk' as well as they 'talk the talk'!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:10 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,054,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Yes, they are. Let's see if 'the community' will come forward, so those guilty can be prosecuted.

The Police that were shot were not from the Ferguson Police department, they were there to help keep order.

I do agree that the present department should resign and go elsewhere where they are wanted. I also hope 'the community' will come forward and volunteer to be the Police for Ferguson. Let's see if they can 'walk the walk' as well as they 'talk the talk'!
Based on the number of black officers in Ferguson now, I'm guessing they don't have too many local people willing to walk the walk.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
There were video's but they seem to be getting pulled. These are the only two I could find left for now. The first one shows more of what was going on before the shooting.

Two Officers Shot Outside of Ferguson Police Department During Protest: Police | Video

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/03...icers-shot.cnn

Old 03-12-2015, 09:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,382,019 times
Quote:
Nope.

They deserved to be shot?????

Old 03-12-2015, 09:18 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,122,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What kind of mentality are you talking about?

2 men were shot for no reason, those 2 men have families, wives and kids. They went to work just like the rest of us do and because of the uniform they wear someone shot them. The actions of some people does not and will never make shooting random people acceptable. I don't know what mentality you're talking about but it sounds pretty stupid to me.

The only people responsible for those 2 men being shot is the person(s) who pulled the trigger on the gun that shot them. There is no way to justify what took place, don't even try that BS.
That's all true. And it sucks. But justice will served.

Now how many innocent citizens do you think have had their lives ruined, if not ended, by the crappy policing mentality in Ferguson?

That's the problem. When an innocent cop gets killed in the line of duty, it's all victim-support. When an innocent civilian gets killed, it's all victim-blaming. You can't expect to be taken seriously when you're upset about one set of innocents and not the other.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:20 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,382,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's all true. And it sucks. But justice will served.

Now how many innocent citizens do you think have had their lives ruined, if not ended, by the crappy policing mentality in Ferguson.
Then you too believe the shooting was just????

Old 03-12-2015, 09:21 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,030,767 times
Quote:
That kind of mentality is just going to get more officers killed. For once, put ideology to rest and LISTEN to what people are trying to tell them. At this point, Ferguson is in damage control. The whole department needs to be shut down and rebuilt from scratch.
I'm listening, and what I'm hearing was St. Louis County PD was right to respond to the violent looting and rioting with a "militarized" police force.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:25 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I'm listening, and what I'm hearing was St. Louis County PD was right to respond to the violent looting and rioting with a "militarized" police force.
It will be interesting to see how Obama, Holder, Sharpton and the liberal media will say. At first notice and watching the first video it seems that everything was calm then the shots but we'll wait until all evidence is out before going out, raising our hands and saying don't shoot.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,658,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It will be interesting to see how Obama, Holder and Sharpton will justify this.
I think they'll double down on racism and probably increase the racial divide in the US even further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies