Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 04:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are you paying to support all the impoverished children of the world? No? Why not? No love for the children eh? I am so not surprised. This is exactly why I have no compassion for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
irresponsibly-borne children
Maybe those children could crawl back into their mother's womb? What would you like them to do?

I hope anyone feeling an ounce of sympathy for seniors sees exactly what you're really about.

The difference is, you'll need my help and my wallet will be closing long before that twelve years gets here.

Voucher, voucher, voucher. Brought to you by your beloved Republican Party.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:22 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Actually I did respond.
You didn't respond until I pointed it out to you.

You were given the rope and hung yourself.

Time to end this nonsense thread.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:30 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
You didn't respond until I pointed it out to you.

You were given the rope and hung yourself.

Time to end this nonsense thread.
If I didn't respond, then why was it in your quote? When I pointed it out, you asked another question.

Look I get it. You want your Medicare and you'll do what you can to keep getting it. If someone points out the hypocrisy of seniors sucking up Medicare money, you'll point to any distraction you can. It doesn't change anything. But it sounds like you were born early enough to where you might just get hit with some copay and premium increases so take heart.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:48 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
You're quite the laugh. First you accuse me of being a minority.
No I didn't.
Quote:
When you're wrong, you accuse me of being on the ACA/Obamacare.
No, I didn't.
Quote:
When you're wrong, you accuse me of white guilt?
Yes, I do. You hate white people. Therefore you are a racist. You hate old people. Therefore you are ageist. You make things up. Therefore you are lying.

Quote:

And AGAIN, Medicaid is covering seniors!
So what? Seniors have paid taxes all their lives to support welfare programs, including Medicaid. Why shouldn't they benefit from them?

Quote:
Do it. I don't care. Just know you're only hurting yourselves because somehow you guys managed to find a way to suck that up too.
You young people are spoiled and lazy, and now that you have nothing to show for your college studies of wymon's poetry or deconstructing colonial memes or whatever, you are all angry that other people who were productive and paid into the system are benefiting from that.

Boo hoo, too bad.

Enjoy living in mama's basement for as long as she'll put up with you.

You obviously come from the generation of kids with helicopter parents, the generation of boomerang kids, the generation of kids that use college loans as an extended welfare program. The most spoiled, self-entitled, worthless generation in history.

I'm glad that you are going to be feeling the results of your liberal policies of importing poverty and terrorism into this country and taxing productive businesses and people out of it.

You have two ways to go: huge tax increases or hyperinflation as in Germany between the wars.

Then add race war into the mix. Enjoy!

Last edited by dechatelet; 03-21-2015 at 01:15 AM..

Old 03-21-2015, 12:56 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
You are the equivalent of welfare recipients. You didn't pay to cover your health coverage.
Wrong. That's been proven to you over and over again.
Quote:
You want and expect us to pay for you while we also pay for ourselves and our families.
I don't expect you do anything. But apparently you expect me to pay for your kids' public education and any welfare you get.
Quote:
There are 50 Million of you and you also suck up Medicaid (welfare!)
You can get it, too -- and probably do.
Quote:
Got that?
Got what? That responding to you is a waste of time? Yes, I have gotten that.
Quote:
You need your copays and premiums increased to cover what you never paid for. You did not pay enough. Accept it.
Wrong. Older people did pay into Medicare and many use less than what they paid into it. Some don't even live long enough to get it in the first place. That's been explained to you over and over again. I accept that you are a troll who does not do anything other than repeat falsehoods after they have been exposed as such.

Quote:
And Republican congressmen submitted their budget Tuesday which privatizes Medicare by using vouchers and identifies an "undisclosed amount" of Medicare cuts. Don't look at me, that's your congressmen! Poetic.
As I said, I don't care. You're the one who is whining about people getting money you don't get. Not me. And by the way, I don't get Medicare. I'm not old enough.

Last edited by dechatelet; 03-21-2015 at 01:18 AM..

Old 03-21-2015, 01:46 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,734,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh no worries, the vouchers are only for the non seniors, current seniors wouldn't be switched, just those born after 1959.
Me and my wife are good then! Let's throw our kids under the bus!

Honestly, I cannot tell if seacove is serious or using reverse logic to stimulate dialogue indirectly.

Truth is, it is the young folks who are going to screw themselves if they/we fail to adequately fix and fund Medicare. This whole Medicare/Social Security "Ponzi scheme" hyperbole will bite them severely, if they fall for it.

Also, using the calculation in his first post, first paragraph(30 years/$3000 = $150,000): $3000 in 1964 would be $22,500 in today's dollars (accounting for inflation). And $3000 invested for 50 years at 5% would be over $36,300. So, a person who contributed $3000 a year to Medicare has contributed significantly more than $150,000.

Not to say, Medicare is solvent, but his numbers are quite out of line.

Last edited by shaker281; 03-21-2015 at 03:04 AM..

Old 03-21-2015, 02:34 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,376,413 times
I think all that needs to be done is to cut out the illegals benefits. Or at least their Medicare & Medicaid that they shouldn't even be getting. "Last year, the OIG revealed that from 2009 to 2011, Medicare payments to health care providers for services rendered to illegal aliens totaled more than $91.6 million."

There's a heck of a lot more of them over here now, and more coming in every day. There's no telling what the dollar amount will be from 2011-2014. They can even file and get thousands more from " illegal dependents" who have never stepped foot in America.

I think we need to worry about this before we start cutting benefits from people who have lived and worked their whole lives here!

Old 03-21-2015, 02:58 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Maybe those children could crawl back into their mother's womb? What would you like them to do?
Why won't you pay to support all the world's impoverished children?

Old 03-21-2015, 03:06 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
No I didn't.No, I didn't.Yes, I do. You hate white people. Therefore you are a racist. You hate old people. Therefore you are ageist. You make things up. Therefore you are lying.

So what? Seniors have paid taxes all their lives to support welfare programs, including Medicaid. Why shouldn't they benefit from them?

You young people are spoiled and lazy, and now that you have nothing to show for your college studies of wymon's poetry or deconstructing colonial memes or whatever, you are all angry that other people who were productive and paid into the system are benefiting from that.

...You obviously come from the generation of kids with helicopter parents, the generation of boomerang kids, the generation of kids that use college loans as an extended welfare program. The most spoiled, self-entitled, worthless generation in history.

I'm glad that you are going to be feeling the results of your liberal policies of importing poverty and terrorism into this country and taxing productive businesses and people out of it.

You have two ways to go: huge tax increases or hyperinflation as in Germany between the wars.

Then add race war into the mix. Enjoy!
Very well-stated! I, too, am glad he'll suffer from those results. It's purely poetic justice.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:25 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
I just hope us old timers get another Social Security raise this year. Golf is getting more and more expensive every year. With my new knees, I can play twice a week. Life is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies