Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 09:59 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,421,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Apparently the President of the US has a differing opinion. He is an adviser to Obama and has been to the WH numerous times.
So what? Does that make you scared or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 10:04 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,351,625 times
The word has spread that Sharpton only shows up when there is something in it for Sharpton. People seem to be growing tired of their situations becoming about Sharpton.

Good for them.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:06 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,421,785 times
Again, who is saying Sharpton is significant?

The right-wing are the ones hyping him up. Do they not understand this?!?

Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 AM

13,517 posts, read 17,073,533 times
I voted for Barrack Obama.

When some of my racists\ relatives said that Al Sharpton would be sleeping at the white house, I scoffed at it chalked it up to racism.

Sharpton has been way too close to President Obama for my taste. As much as some on the left would like to say he is insignificant..which he should be..he is not.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:17 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,632,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Circus indeed.

Good to see that some are finally speaking out publicly against this toxic race huckster. Sharpton certainly won't bring anything positive for anyone but himself to South Carolina.

Walter Scott family 'bar Rev Al Sharpton from the funeral to avoid over-the-top attention' | Daily Mail Online
Even if Sharpton inserts himself into this, people need to look past their annoyances with him and not use him an an excuse or diversion for what happened to Mr. Scott.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:20 AM

13,517 posts, read 17,073,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Even if Sharpton inserts himself into this, people need to look past their annoyances with him and not use him an an excuse or diversion for what happened to Mr. Scott.
They don't need anyone to bring attention to this case. The kid who made the video did all that had to be done. It's a disgusting murder caught on film..only hard core racists or cops/cop worshippers could see anything other than a crime there.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:21 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,090,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
So what? Does that make you scared or something?
Not a all, but you stated he was insignificant, and I pointed out that's not true to this administration.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:42 AM

78,734 posts, read 60,939,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Keep in mind that when MLK was alive....the same was said of him. No....I am not saying that AL is an MLK....but that when our leaders are alive and active.....they are usually despised and seen as agitators. There has NEVER been a time that that has not been true....including NOW.
MLK addressed racism wherever he saw it, regardless of politics. (You've correctly noted in your earlier post that Al won't cross party lines which is especially noteworthy in the ongoing debate about police interactions with blacks which are especially problematic in urban democratic bastions.)

Al not only turns a blind eye when it might cost him a speaking gig at the DNC or appearances on MSNBC....he actually has a history of manufacturing racism where it wasn't. (Freddie's Fashion Mart, Tawana Brawley, etc.)

MLK is one of the greatest people from the 20th century and I'm not just talking in America.

Sharpton in comparison is about even with Rush Limbaugh in terms of positive social contributions.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:47 AM

78,734 posts, read 60,939,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Again, who is saying Sharpton is significant?

The right-wing are the ones hyping him up. Do they not understand this?!?
Sharpton is on average at the whitehouse about once a month over the last 7 years, how is that not significant?

Right wing is the only one hyping Sharpton? LMFAO....I can't link it but go read his huffington post biography. "One of America's most reknowned civil rights leaders....."

If someone can link it for me, much appreciated.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:52 AM

15,358 posts, read 12,683,370 times
good for them.

Not sure why they needed to say this.

I guess they realized how right wingers love to deflect by talking about Sharpton instead of talking about the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies