Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 09:51 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,166,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I am still trying to figure out the right-wing obsession with Al Sharpton. The dude is not that significant at all.
Then why does the clown-in-chief Obama always hang out with him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 04:01 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,921,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
If the video did not exist, and the official report was claiming that Walter Scott was attacking the cop, irrespective of eye witnesses who gave a different account, then they may have needed Rev Al to start the wheels of justice moving, and not let their loved one be killed and then maligned in death.
Au contraire......

IF the video did not exist, and later forensic analysis not withstanding, there would be no reason to suspect that the officers version of events was a lie, and thus, no reason for Sharpton to get involved other than to do what he does best; Cook a racist pot of noodles and throw them against the wall hoping something sticks.

Sure, it's easy to disagree with me now that the video has come out and we know there was indeed wrongdoing on the officers part, but in the absence of that video, things would not be nearly as clear.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,287,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Then why does the clown-in-chief Obama always hang out with him?
Why? Is it illegal?

Old 04-12-2015, 05:42 PM

30,375 posts, read 23,843,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I would imagine that magicians do not like hecklers. Can you imagine every time you tried to do a show, as a magician, someone in the audience standing up and saying “It’s up your sleeve” or “It’s in your pocket” or “I see the string”. I would imagine that the magician would get quite perturbed, as well as many others in the audience who simply wanted to be entertained and comforted by the illusion of “magic”. They would want to ban such people from the “show”.

Think about it. Are not people like Al Sharpton really hecklers who spoil the illusion of a post racial society? This is a nation that has decided that it wants to feel comfortable and be entertained by creating the magic trick of making racism disappear. Unfortunately, here comes a spoiler like Al Sharpton saying “I see the string”, “It’s in your pocket”, “it’s up your sleeve” and this ticks off the magicians who perform this trick and the audience who like to be comforted and entertained by it.

I am not a big fan of Al Sharpton myself, but for different reasons. I am not a fan of his because he is too political. He sides with a political party and both parties are complicit in our dilemma as black people, even if one is less so than the other, at this given window of time. However, race is still a problem in America and Al Sharpton is a voice against the illusion that it is not. As a result, people HATE him for ruining their "Show".
Al Sharpton is not even comparable to someone smart enough to figure out magic tricks. He is nothing but a self serving trouble maker using the guise of "protecting against racism". That twit causes more racial problems than anyone I can think of.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:51 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Au contraire......

IF the video did not exist, and later forensic analysis not withstanding, there would be no reason to suspect that the officers version of events was a lie, and thus, no reason for Sharpton to get involved other than to do what he does best; Cook a racist pot of noodles and throw them against the wall hoping something sticks. .
You forget one thing. There were other cops there both White & Black. Are you saying they all would have lied or remained silent too?

Old 04-13-2015, 01:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,921,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You forget one thing. There were other cops there both White & Black. Are you saying they all would have lied or remained silent too?
No, I'm not saying that at all. All I'm saying is that without the video, there wouldn't be reason to suspect the officers story. As far as I know, none of the other cops that were there spoke up and rebutted Slagers version of events, neither before the video came out or after, that I've heard. I didn't think there were other officers present when the shooting took place.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:04 PM

592 posts, read 503,658 times
Quote:
Kapish!! you finally got it...Blue wall of silence...the other cop turned a blind eye to the taser being dropped by the body. The system is designed to believe the "cops" word. The problem is that even when the murder is recorded on video, it's still might not be enough...

Old 04-13-2015, 04:11 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,907,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I would imagine that magicians do not like hecklers. Can you imagine every time you tried to do a show, as a magician, someone in the audience standing up and saying “It’s up your sleeve” or “It’s in your pocket” or “I see the string”. I would imagine that the magician would get quite perturbed, as well as many others in the audience who simply wanted to be entertained and comforted by the illusion of “magic”. They would want to ban such people from the “show”.

Think about it. Are not people like Al Sharpton really hecklers who spoil the illusion of a post racial society? This is a nation that has decided that it wants to feel comfortable and be entertained by creating the magic trick of making racism disappear. Unfortunately, here comes a spoiler like Al Sharpton saying “I see the string”, “It’s in your pocket”, “it’s up your sleeve” and this ticks off the magicians who perform this trick and the audience who like to be comforted and entertained by it.

I am not a big fan of Al Sharpton myself, but for different reasons. I am not a fan of his because he is too political. He sides with a political party and both parties are complicit in our dilemma as black people, even if one is less so than the other, at this given window of time. However, race is still a problem in America and Al Sharpton is a voice against the illusion that it is not. As a result, people HATE him for ruining their "Show".
Your talking about magicians and hecklers and you fancied Sharpton as the heckler? Now that is funny.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:17 PM

15,359 posts, read 12,680,082 times
Quote:
Did any of those cops report that Sanger dropped al the tazer by the victim?

cops lie or shall we say they "omit" facts that would help convict one of their own.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:38 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,340,436 times
Ex-officer has been indicted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/09/us...=top-news&_r=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies