Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 10:51 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It' seems that the key question is, "what are those goals?" It may be that they have the same goals; but, that doesn't mean Carson agrees with how Sharpton-the-charlatan goes about achieving them. Ending racism is a goal that should be shared by everyone. But going around the country race-baiting as Sharpton and others do, which actually foments more racism, isn't helpful.

Lifting blacks out of poverty, seeing that they stay in school and off the streets, and are better educated is a worthy goal, and I'm sure Sharpton and Carson share those goals. We should all want that. The problem is that the Democrat Party has never done anything to improve the lives of blacks, but has done everything to keep them impoverished and dependent on government. Ben Carson has often articulated these problems, and talked about how to make real changes in the lives of blacks.

Ben Carson is a brilliant man, and his experience should be a beacon of hope to all blacks (and anyone else who thinks there is no hope). If he and Sharpton agree on some things, I'm certainly not going to put him down for it.
You act like democrats have been in control forever. What did republican presidents do to improve the lives of blacks. And carson may be brilliant but he has no common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 10:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Show proof conservatives are upset that Carson and Sharpton are seeing eye to eye.

And of course the race card gets played yet again. So if two white candidates from different parties don't trash each other during an interview when prodded that's different somehow? It's about D vs R it's not about black vs white.
It is though.

Did you watch the Megan Kelly interview? Clearly, she was annoyed.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:06 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The correct observation would be "white conservatives" can't stand that man. He hasn't done anything that I can't stand to date...
Really?

How about helping to orchestrate the Tawana Brawley rape hoax, which ruined the true victim's life?

How about his helping to incite hostile conditions at Freddy's Fashion Mart, which led to the several deaths?

Or his pushing the lie of the Duke Lacrosse rape lie that ruined the lives of several young men?

And let's not get started with him pushing unsubstantiated narratives in the Michael Brown and Travel Martin cases.

Al Sharpton has done nothing more than inflame racial tensions (while not paying taxes). You can stand all of that?

Old 04-18-2015, 11:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It is though.

Not even close to annoyed.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:16 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
It is though.
How so?

Quote:
I just did. I've listened to her a couple of times. She can be direct but in this interview she didn't come across annoyed imo.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,277 times
Carson was being kind to Sharpton. In reality, Carson probably wants to really help people, Sharpton is a self-serving opportunity whor* who stays in the news by stirring up racial strife.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Why should I vote for him instead of several other surgeons that I know personally?

I think my gastroenterologist is smart ...why shouldn't I vote for him instead of Carson?
You can say that about Obama too. There are more men who would do much more for the black race than Obama and just think, he is half white... a real oreo in your terms defining black men....black and white.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:23 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
That's your twisted agenda. You won't discuss the reasons why your big government control freaks are complete failures. So of course you have to play the race card. Gee go figure. The Dems policies are horrific, not much different than the big government republicans. Only the hand picked winners and losers change.

Foolish to vote republican? So vote democrat right? Insanity - Keep doing he same thing and expect different results.

btw How are the democrats doing lifting people out of poverty? Wages increasing? Purchasing price of the dollar holding strong? Why listen to you when the policies you follow don't work? rhetorical you got nothing.
Hope and change. I hope I have enough change in my pocket to last the month is how it turned out.

Carson and Sharptons goals for the people are basically the same. How to go about it is the difference.
This isn’t my agenda, it an observation. Nothing more, nothing less. Don’t think that my scathing critique of the Republican Party is the same thing as praising the Democrats. As for voting Democrat vs. Republican for Blacks, there is a very specific reasons that blacks vote in a majority for one of the two. In the Democrat Party blacks are “party to the conversation” on policy. There are black decision makers and blacks that influence the strategic direction of the Party from within. The same can’t be said for the Republican Party. 98% of the black lawmakers within the Congressional Black Caucus are Democrats. There are only a couple Republicans in the CBC. So within Republican circles, legislation that affects blacks are being discussed with very few blacks taking part in said discussion.

So yes, it is foolish for blacks to vote Republican in my opinion. But my belief in no way indorses every decision made by the Democrats that affect black folks! If and when Democrats don’t represent the interest of blacks we should vote independent, not Republican…

Old 04-19-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
I say yet again you're exposing your blatant racism and falsely testifying because you are unable to discuss policy. That is the important thing. And yes the approach is different. That's what it's about and not about falsely playing the race card. That is what separates the 2 parties on the issues.
No what separates the two parties on the issues, are you got it, the issues

Healthcare reform wasn’t on the Republican agenda until Democrats took the lead to improve our system.

Voter suppression doesn’t seem to be a problem for many Republican legislators.

Civil Rights! Republicans are rolling back and trying to roll back civil rights protections across the nation.

Tax cuts! Republicans are in opposition to progressive taxation.

And the list goes on…

Old 04-19-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Really?

How about helping to orchestrate the Tawana Brawley rape hoax, which ruined the true victim's life?

How about his helping to incite hostile conditions at Freddy's Fashion Mart, which led to the several deaths?

Or his pushing the lie of the Duke Lacrosse rape lie that ruined the lives of several young men?

And let's not get started with him pushing unsubstantiated narratives in the Michael Brown and Travel Martin cases.

Al Sharpton has done nothing more than inflame racial tensions (while not paying taxes). You can stand all of that?
Yes really...

Al is an activist. Some victims of suspected crimes come to him to bring exposer to their cases. In doing this, sometimes one runs into people whom seek help that may not be telling the entire truth. This has happened in his escapades. But these examples are far and few in between. For example every critique of the Rev. involves (3) specific cases, 1.) Tawana Brawley, 2.) Freddys Fashion Mart, 3.) the Duke Lacrosse case… Three common complaints out of the 1,000s of issues he has dealt with.

Al Sharpton hasn’t “inflamed racial tensions”, he has acted as the counter weight to the injustice institutionalized racism has caused. Think about it. No white supremacy infesting America, no need for Al Sharpton! Are the few conservatives holding on to past racist American culture willing to let it go? If so, Al Sharpton will cease to be relevant… The ball is in your court...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies