Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 09:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Let's see....12 million versus 65 million.

Hmmmmm, I think you better look over your statistics again there.
And yet...who's the president?

That's some REALLY good offsetting you're doing there pal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So a Republican shows class and you think that's knee slappingly funny?

I pegged you for better than that.

And I already pointed out to you what Carson said. Yes, he said they have the same goals, but you are conveniently leaving out that he said they have different ways of reaching those goals. Sharpton is an instigator who loves nothing more than racial issues so he can swoop down and tell everyone what victims they are. Carson is saying, "no, actually, you have to take responsibility for your own life and stop blaming" your upbringing, the police in the area, your school, money, etc

Why are you leaving that part out? Doesn't fit your mantra?

To those asking to read what Carson said, I provided that link in my first post on the first page of this thread. No matter how desertdetroiter is trying to paint it, it doesn't mean what he thinks it means. Jokes on him, I guess.
He said it. Same goals.

Why is that making you so unsettled? You're doing a lot of squirming there sir.

A couple of brothers shake hands, and you conservatives get all touchy about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 09:55 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And yet...who's the president?

That's some REALLY good offsetting you're doing there pal.

He said it. Same goals.

Why is that making you so unsettled? You're doing a lot of squirming there sir.

A couple of brothers shake hands, and you conservatives get all touchy about it.
Why does it unsettle you so much that you won't finish what he said?

I have written twice now that yes he did say it. You have YET to admit that he said that they have different idea on how to achieve those goals, and how Carson states it's about personal responsibility, and not blaming everyone else. Why does that make YOU uncomfortable.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Well Conservatives and Dr Carson fans?

LMAO...I.can't stop laughing for the life of me!

Ben Carson: Al Sharpton and I Have the Same Goal
Wouldn't that mean Dr Carsons goal is to make it all about Al Sharpton?

Old 04-17-2015, 10:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
"You won't get me to defend him," Carson replied. "But I will tell you that the audience, a little cool when I first started, but by the time I finished [I got a] standing ovation and were very warm."
"We don't want to categorize people based on an individual," Carson added. "We want to give them all an opportunity to listen and evaluate, because it's the only way we are going to heal the deep divisions that exist in our country."
sounds to me like he wants to solve problems and build bridges.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:27 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Sorry people, but the line "you won't get me to defend him" isn't making YOUR cases any better. It simply doesn't override the fact that he didn't attempt to OFFEND Sharpton either when Kelly basically tried to get him to do so.

"The same goals." He said it..not me. Don't try to play it off with some half hearted nonsense about him not defending Sharpton.

Not to mention that he accepted an invite from NAN and admittedly, he rather enjoyed it.
As I already said, cozying up to Sharpton is likely the kiss of death to Carson's campaign. But it's possible to sell it. Newt Gingrich surprised the crap out of me shucking off his highly controversial record of cheating on wives and subsequently dumping them like it was nothing at all. So like I said, it depends on how he sells it. We've seen candidates wriggle out of worse.

Carson's a huge long-shot anyways. Now as I'm sick to death of race being a politicized issue, a huge part of me would love to see the GOP run a black man or woman. Hopefully that would put to bed the idea that one party hates blacks and the other loves them. But we've yet to see a truly compelling black candidate emerge in the GOP to date. I wouldn't fret too much about Carson being nominated.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:40 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Again...he attended Sharpton's NAN event...and enjoyed himself. He said so. In fact, his appearance wasn't even controversial.

Now he's saying that he and Sharpton have the same goals. Kelly tried to get him to denigrate Sharpton and Carson would only go so far as to refuse to defend Sharpton.

Why does this anger you so much that a couple of brothers are chopping it up?

They`re related?

Old 04-18-2015, 12:06 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They`re related?
Yep. Very much so.

And they're both related to me.

Got a problem with that?

Old 04-18-2015, 03:48 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Again...he attended Sharpton's NAN event...and enjoyed himself. He said so. In fact, his appearance wasn't even controversial.

Now he's saying that he and Sharpton have the same goals. Kelly tried to get him to denigrate Sharpton and Carson would only go so far as to refuse to defend Sharpton.

Why does this anger you so much that a couple of brothers are chopping it up?
Why does this "anger" me? What makes you think I'm angry? I simply said you're reading it all wrong, and I'll stand by that. You leftist love to find ways to discredit a conservative, and especially a black conservative, and you'll take huge leaps to try to do it. That's what you have done here.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They`re related?
I was going to comment on that too, in my reply, but I decided to abstain from that one!

Old 04-18-2015, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Yep. Very much so.

And they're both related to me.

Got a problem with that?
LOL! You said it, not me, or momonkey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies