Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 03:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Well Conservatives and Dr Carson fans?

LMAO...I.can't stop laughing for the life of me!

Ben Carson: Al Sharpton and I Have the Same Goal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 03:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
The more time goes on, the more I hear him speak, the less I like him.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:04 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

OK, so you didn't read the article. You might want to before you, once again, embarrass yourself..

Old 04-17-2015, 04:32 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:

What the article said:
Quote:
Kelly asked Carson why he would potentially tarnish his brand by partnering up with Sharpton.

"You won't get me to defend him," Carson replied. "But I will tell you that the audience, a little cool when I first started, but by the time I finished [I got a] standing ovation and were very warm."

"We don't want to categorize people based on an individual," Carson added. "We want to give them all an opportunity to listen and evaluate, because it's the only way we are going to heal the deep divisions that exist in our country."
I really don't know what I think of Carson yet. He's interesting certainly. But clearly you didn't even watch the video or read the article. Carson says he and Al Sharpton don't agree on much of anything. He said, "you won't get me to defend him."

Perhaps Carson is just trying to build bridges -- which appears to be what his campaign is primarily focused on. Association with Al Sharpton might be the kiss of death to his campaign. It depends on how he sells it.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:54 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:

You should probably actually read what he wrote:

Quote:
...The convention proved to be a great stage for productive dialogue and conversation through various panels. Some of the topics discussed included housing, health care, law enforcement, corporate finance, and education. I voiced my opinion on several of these issues, while also promoting the idea that the choices we make in this world have the most to do with our outcomes. Personal responsibility and self-determination — not the household into which you are born, the police force in your neighborhood, or the color of your skin — are the key contributing factors of your life...

...Sharpton and I have the same goal: to build a brighter, stronger America that provides equal opportunities and access to the underserved and forgotten. However, we have a fundamental difference of opinion regarding the best way to achieve such an end.
National Review

Old 04-17-2015, 05:22 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
LOL....a FAUX news link...

How credible...

Old 04-17-2015, 05:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
OK, so you didn't read the article. You might want to before you, once again, embarrass yourself..
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
What the article said:
I really don't know what I think of Carson yet. He's interesting certainly. But clearly you didn't even watch the video or read the article. Carson says he and Al Sharpton don't agree on much of anything. He said, "you won't get me to defend him."

Perhaps Carson is just trying to build bridges -- which appears to be what his campaign is primarily focused on. Association with Al Sharpton might be the kiss of death to his campaign. It depends on how he sells it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You should probably actually read what he wrote:

National Review
Sorry people, but the line "you won't get me to defend him" isn't making YOUR cases any better. It simply doesn't override the fact that he didn't attempt to OFFEND Sharpton either when Kelly basically tried to get him to do so.

"The same goals." He said it..not me. Don't try to play it off with some half hearted nonsense about him not defending Sharpton.

Not to mention that he accepted an invite from NAN and admittedly, he rather enjoyed it.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:27 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:

Carson is being a little naive in assuming Sharpton's goals are good and not self serving. I have no doubt that Sharpton's goals serve him first and foremost. Nothing to do with actually anything positive for the "victims" he uses or the black community in general. Without them, he would have never had a place in society. He wouldn't be known by anyone, wouldn't be rich.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:28 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Sorry people, but the line "you won't get me to defend him" isn't making YOUR cases any better. It simply doesn't override the fact that he didn't attempt to OFFEND Sharpton either when Kelly basically tried to get him to do so.

"The same goals." He said it..not me. Don't try to play it off with some half hearted nonsense about him not defending Sharpton.

Not to mention that he accepted an invite from NAN and admittedly, he rather enjoyed it.
You are doing a poor job at painting your narrative.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:29 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Lets see the OP ed....not the FAUX news report...

Funny how lefties hate FAUX new.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies