Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 01:21 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
There you go, that's a good list of animals.

Predation on field mice by kitty cats will tend to remove them from the larders of real deal wild animals.

Field mouse = natural
Feral cat = unnatural
What are your views on those Asian rock doves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 01:23 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
That woman disgusts me. And the fact that her ugly face is smiling in the photo irks me that much more. Send her to jail for her inhumane actions. What a heartless wench!!!!!

Old 04-20-2015, 01:27 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Although it appears at this time that the cat was not feral, it doesn't matter as far as Texas state law goes. It's a felony to shoot cats, whether feral or pets.

Here are the applicable parts of the penal code:

great, so in Texas there is nothing that can be done to a feral cat, especially if said cat just got done tearing the crap out of a child and then disappearing into the woods.

then make it a felony for city people to drop off any formerly domesticated animal out in the country.

i sure as heck know, I do not like it one bit when concrete jungle dwellers come out to the country to dump their unwanted pets.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:31 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
It's funny that feral cats actually made it into criminal law. Must be a lot of Cat Ladies in Texas.

Since there's no owner, you're left with a cruel vs. not cruel killing. I can't say that a quick arrow to the head is more cruel than about any other method of killing an animal...it's certainly no worse than the way that livestock is treated (probably better).

It all depends on the jury I would guess.
If it goes to court, the judge also has the option of enhancing the charge by designating the bow as a deadly weapon.
That's what happened in 2012 to Edwon Julian, who was convicted by a jury of cruelty to an animal after Julian killed his girlfriend's kitten by throwing it onto the pavement.
Under 42.092, he would have been sentenced to a 2-year term.
But the judge enhanced the sentence by declaring the pavement to be a "deadly weapon" and Julian was sentenced to 10 years.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:32 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
It's funny that feral cats actually made it into criminal law. Must be a lot of Cat Ladies in Texas.

Since there's no owner, you're left with a cruel vs. not cruel killing. I can't say that a quick arrow to the head is more cruel than about any other method of killing an animal...it's certainly no worse than the way that livestock is treated (probably better).

It all depends on the jury I would guess.
It was senseless, sport.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:40 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
then make it a felony for city people to drop off any formerly domesticated animal out in the country.
That constitutes "abandonment" which is also covered under 42.092(b)4, and is a Class A misdemeanor.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
jeeze, it was a feral cat. heck, i would have shot it or put an arrow threw it too, and I would have posted the shot on social media too. heck, if the people from the concrete jungles do not want feral cats shot, then stop dropping them off in the country.

BINGO!

Put a leash on them.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
It really says something about a person who can brag about killing a pet in cold blood. That cat was someone's "child."

Sick.
But we enjoy steak dinner with a big smile! That's not sick?

Old 04-20-2015, 01:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
But we enjoy steak dinner with a big smile! That's not sick?
Do you keep cows as pets then slaughter them? Most people don't. There is a difference in killing for food and for fun.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:48 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Do you keep cows as pets then slaughter them? Most people don't. There is a difference in killing for food and for fun.
Killing for food is not for fun? We aren't lions, and we don't have to eat meat - we want to because that makes us happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies