Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:06 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Herman destroyed himself by allowing his Cain to chase Ginger.

I knew Bill Clinton, and Herman Cain was no Bill Clinton.
yanno what, I don't care, what I care about is the fact that I liked a whole lot of what Herman Cain talked about, and talked about on his radio show before he ran.

And I'm not saying Cain was a Clinton....

I didn't like Clinton, and it wasn't about the women he ran with....he was a very brilliant man....but....

Old 05-06-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Does he possess the intelligence to do the job? Absolutely.

Is he electable? No

He would make a great Secretary of Health and Human Services.

He and his family are also an outstanding role models for America.
why isn't he electable? from your point of views....

Old 05-06-2015, 10:13 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You don't think maybe he should run for Congress, mayor, school board first before the most responsible elective position on earth? What in heaven's name qualifies Carson to be President? He has some rhetoric you like? You can't be serious. There are a couple of right wing candidates that talk just like him but bring some expertise to the table. Get behind one of them.
I agree to an extent but do we want career politicans. The issue is we have candidates with no experience and candidates with lots of experience. There's not much of a middle ground. Even Cruz had spent time as attorney general and solister general before winning the Senator position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I voted for Obama twice and don't think he's a horrible president and honestly don't get why people on the right despise and hate him so much. He has been involved the least of all presidents in my life time in political scandals. He has been commander in chief during a period of extreme economic growth, also contrary to what many conservatives believe. Our country is very well placed economically compared to the rest of the industrialized world so again, I just don't get it. Do I agree with him on everything or like everything he does...heck no! But to say he is the worse president ever or deny that our economy has rebounded since the recession/depression of 2007-2010 is pretty silly IMO.
Yeah, I didn't vote for him in 2008 and again in 2012, I didn't think he had the right vision for the solutions we needed but perhaps I was just wrong on it.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Good job showing your staggering lack of ignorance about his Directors and Leadership positions at his former employers.

Or maybe you were aware of them and are just as ignorant as to how that experience would translate to POTUS.

Or maybe your a racist, I mean he is black so that must be a factor, right?
Now wait a minute, everyone is entitled to their views....and I want everyone to feel free to express their views on this man, b/c I want them to show me why he may not be a good candidate....

enough of the slamming each other....lets discuss, if you disagree, stop the insults and say why you disagree! PLEASE! That is what a discussion is....

so lets discuss

Old 05-06-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
First of all, I don't use derogative names for politicians I don't like. I think that speaks to a level of maturity you evidently don't possess.

Secondly, President Obama was not my first choice from the candidates seeking the Democratic nomination. I seriously entertained voting for McCain in 2008, until he selected Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Thirdly, Obama's time as an Illinois legislator, and as a federal legislator, is EXPERIENCE. While it wasn't as extensive as Senator McCain's experience, it was experience. Which Dr Carson does not possess.

And finally, your use of the word "terrified" is a failed attempt to depict me as some sort of emotional basket-case. I'm not "terrified" about any candidates getting elected. I expressed my disagreement with Dr Carson and his social and economic views. Which was the topic of this thread, and did not denote any "fear" at all.
Personally, I think they gave us McCain, b/c Obama was wanted in....they knew McCain wouldn't be voted in....

Old 05-06-2015, 10:18 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
My major beef with Carson, as with all Tea Party types, is that they are too big on social conservatism. People outside of flyover country don't really care about abortion and gay marriage anymore, they are non-issues nowadays.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
......... and Obama had experience and intelligence?

Did you vote for Obama?
Obama had a gift of gab, he was extremely Charismatic at the time and at the time, people were so sick of Bush...but it's the same game over and over....we vote in a dem, then we vote in a Repub...then it's back to square one, and we vote in a dem again.....

It's the people....if they wouldn't stay so darn loyal to these two corrupt parties...maybe things would change....

Back to the topic....

Old 05-06-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
One issue voters! Think.
yes, indeed, one issue voters is a problem, they do not think about the consequences b/c they don't care about anything else....

as some women say, I'll vote for Hillary, b/c she's a woman..... Geeze Louise, how stupid can you get?

Old 05-06-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
mkpunk I agree to an extent but do we want career politicans. The issue is we have candidates with no experience and candidates with lots of experience. There's not much of a middle ground. Even Cruz had spent time as attorney general and solister general before winning the Senator position.
I agree to an extent as well, I'm sick of these career politicians, what the heck, if the man who is running for the POUS, doesn't have experience, so what, he has people guiding him...and to be perfectly honest...Obama did what he wanted to do...and/or tried....so, maybe someone, who really feels like Carson does, might give this country half a chance....?

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't vote for him in 2008 and again in 2012, I didn't think he had the right vision for the solutions we needed but perhaps I was just wrong on it.
I voted for him in 2008 but never ever again, I wouldn't even vote him in any political office any longer, now that I know where he is coming from.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ben Carson

If he is serious, they will do to him, what they did to Herman Cain.....
They will smear him, and that is how you can tell, he will not be owned by the corporations....

Do you like what he has to say?

They are trying to dig the dirt on him.... The problem is, he is clean as a whistle.
Unlike The Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies