Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 09:29 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and why do you say that?
Probably because he is not on the Democratic plantation as are all "good black people".

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Democratic Party reintroduced the Fugitive Slave Act to return wayward "Uncle Tom's" - black people who are affiliated with the GOP.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:55 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,791 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEiBidpOzbs

Old 05-08-2015, 04:17 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
He's a little to much of an anti-gay bigot for my taste. Not that smart on the subject.
No he isn't, grant you that, however, that isn't anyone's business, what your sexual prefernce is and shouldn't at all be a considered question by the media. I have family and friends who are anti-gay, and anti-black, and what that means, is, they wouldn't like it if I were gay, nor would they like it if I had married someone who was black, we discussed it, but that didn't mean they hated people who were black or gay, they didn't......

My foster mom and dad were good caring people, and good to me, as a matter of fact, my foster parents saved my life...and guess what, a gay couple moved in next to us...and they were wonderful, and my mom loved them, they used to come visit her all the time, and help her....did she approve of their life style, no...but so what...you are never ever going to get 100% approval...ever! So what, do you need approval from others to be happy? I don't! And if I had met a black and married him, they would have had to learn to live with it, same as if I were gay. Big deal. There are worse things in life to worry about...

So, you will never have it all 100% with anyone, I don't agree with him, totally on other issues, but...if your going to turn yourself off, just b/c he is anti-gay, then I feel sorry for you and all others who are one issue voters......again, my family is anti-gay, but that doesn't mean they hate gays, yes, they are anti gay, but that doesn't mean they hate gays, and let me tell you, a whole lot of people out there feel like that...so what? Does that dictate your happiness? Wouldn't mine?

I can never understand, how in the world, people get turned off b/c someone is anti gay or gay...it is a shame, but the moment you heard that, it turned you off to anything else he had to say, and that is sad....especially in this day and age. If something like that, is going to turn you off to anyone, then I feel sorry for you, b/c your looking for approval to be happy from everyone, and it ain't ever going to happen.

Not to mention, then you rely on the approval of others for happiness, and that is a very sad weakness...b/c no one else can make you happy but yourself. Period.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-08-2015 at 04:27 AM..

Old 05-08-2015, 08:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
No he isn't, grant you that, however, that isn't anyone's business, what your sexual prefernce is and shouldn't at all be a considered question by the media. I have family and friends who are anti-gay, and anti-black, and what that means, is, they wouldn't like it if I were gay, nor would they like it if I had married someone who was black, we discussed it, but that didn't mean they hated people who were black or gay, they didn't......

My foster mom and dad were good caring people, and good to me, as a matter of fact, my foster parents saved my life...and guess what, a gay couple moved in next to us...and they were wonderful, and my mom loved them, they used to come visit her all the time, and help her....did she approve of their life style, no...but so what...you are never ever going to get 100% approval...ever! So what, do you need approval from others to be happy? I don't! And if I had met a black and married him, they would have had to learn to live with it, same as if I were gay. Big deal. There are worse things in life to worry about...

So, you will never have it all 100% with anyone, I don't agree with him, totally on other issues, but...if your going to turn yourself off, just b/c he is anti-gay, then I feel sorry for you and all others who are one issue voters......again, my family is anti-gay, but that doesn't mean they hate gays, yes, they are anti gay, but that doesn't mean they hate gays, and let me tell you, a whole lot of people out there feel like that...so what? Does that dictate your happiness? Wouldn't mine?

I can never understand, how in the world, people get turned off b/c someone is anti gay or gay...it is a shame, but the moment you heard that, it turned you off to anything else he had to say, and that is sad....especially in this day and age. If something like that, is going to turn you off to anyone, then I feel sorry for you, b/c your looking for approval to be happy from everyone, and it ain't ever going to happen.

Not to mention, then you rely on the approval of others for happiness, and that is a very sad weakness...b/c no one else can make you happy but yourself. Period.
This may be all well and good in one's day-to-day life, however, we are talking about someone who wants to be president of the United States.
I understand people not approving of gay marriage - Obama didn't when he was elected - but Dr. Carson's statements go beyond simple disapproval. They are hateful and misguided and in my heart I believe them to be no different than the sorts of things that used to be said by George Wallace and his ilk about Blacks.
It has nothing to do with "approval " and everything to do with what this country was purportedly founded on: equality for all.
Clearly there are many who (still) believe that some are more equal than others and have no issue associating with/supporting those who believe the same.
Some of us expect more from those who would be president.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This may be all well and good in one's day-to-day life, however, we are talking about someone who wants to be president of the United States.
I understand people not approving of gay marriage - Obama didn't when he was elected - but Dr. Carson's statements go beyond simple disapproval. They are hateful and misguided and in my heart I believe them to be no different than the sorts of things that used to be said by George Wallace and his ilk about Blacks.
It has nothing to do with "approval " and everything to do with what this country was purportedly founded on: equality for all.
Clearly there are many who (still) believe that some are more equal than others and have no issue associating with/supporting those who believe the same.
Some of us expect more from those who would be president.
Tiger, thank you, is there anything online, where he is speaking in a hateful way, if so, would you post a link, I'd very much like to hear....

I simply thought it was his opinion, as my parents felt...they didn't hate anyone, and would have helped anyone they could.....

Thanks again

Old 05-08-2015, 09:55 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Tiger, thank you, is there anything online, where he is speaking in a hateful way, if so, would you post a link, I'd very much like to hear....

I simply thought it was his opinion, as my parents felt...they didn't hate anyone, and would have helped anyone they could.....

Thanks again
It isnt that it is hateful but wrong. He considers one a homosexual for commiting homosexual acts. A prisoner (male or female) may just be doing homosexual acts in prison because they cannot have sexual contact with the opposite sex. He thinks you are straight or gay with no room for error and that you simply chose it. The fact is everyone is on a spectrum. He is smart for what he does but he is not smart in other aspects. One does not chose to be gay, their brains are hardwired to be homosexual, bisexual, demisexual or heterosexual with little room to become gay by chosing. (Except for bisexuals and demisexuals.)

Old 05-08-2015, 10:08 AM

698 posts, read 587,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
They have nitpicked this man to death. They have effectively turned him into a cartoon character not to be taken seriously, as they did Sarah Palin.
When you claim that the Affordable Care Act is the worst thing to happen in the US since slavery or say that prison turns people gay, you have made yourself into a cartoon character.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It isnt that it is hateful but wrong. He considers one a homosexual for commiting homosexual acts. A prisoner (male or female) may just be doing homosexual acts in prison because they cannot have sexual contact with the opposite sex. He thinks you are straight or gay with no room for error and that you simply chose it. The fact is everyone is on a spectrum. He is smart for what he does but he is not smart in other aspects. One does not chose to be gay, their brains are hardwired to be homosexual, bisexual, demisexual or heterosexual with little room to become gay by chosing. (Except for bisexuals and demisexuals.)
wait, I heard that comment he made...so what, again, that is HIS belief...not yours, and I say, I don't know, b/c I do know that there are a lot of prisoners that act out homosexually...and he said, when they come out of prison, they become homosexual....that isn't at all hateful, that was a statement that he believes....
And whose to say he isn't right in some cases?

And yes, in some cases, people choose to be gay....bisexual etc...I believe there are some people in this world that are born homosexual, and born bixexual....but also that a lot of people choose to be homeosexual...and I also believe that something can go wrong with hormones...b/c I know I've got more male hormones then female hormones, but I am not bi, nor am I homosexual....always been straight.

So what? again, and I'm not being sarcastic....its the same with when someone says, OMG, there is a white guy with a black woman....and I say, "SO What!"

It doesn't bother me either way, and I also believe that way to many people in this U.S. have used it for a hate tool or fear b/c of their religion....and that is their decision. you cannot control people and how they think...and yes, there are some very hateful people...and personally that disgusts me....

however, b/c he feels the way he does about these subjects, doesn't say, he won't learn....

I am cut and dry or black in white in some of my beliefs...but I'm still learning...and will continue to learn, and hope to until the day I die.

I believe that some people take his and the comments of others all the way over to the other end of the spectrum.....you see him say a negative thing about gays, and all of a sudden he hates gays, no that isn't the truth....

and that has got to stop.....people build someone's feelings on agenda....

Gay and Abortion, should be personal choice and not a governmental issue...and I don't believe in Abortion, but would never dictate to someone else what they can't do.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
When you claim that the Affordable Care Act is the worst thing to happen in the US since slavery or say that prison turns people gay, you have made yourself into a cartoon character.
No, I believe the same thing...obamacare is the worse thing that has happened to the United States....
and as far as prisoners, going in straight and coming out gay, yes, I'm sure it happens....

Old 05-08-2015, 10:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
wait, I heard that comment he made...so what, again, that is HIS belief...not yours, and I say, I don't know, b/c I do know that there are a lot of prisoners that act out homosexually...and he said, when they come out of prison, they become homosexual....that isn't at all hateful, that was a statement that he believes....
And whose to say he isn't right in some cases?

And yes, in some cases, people choose to be gay....bisexual etc...I believe there are some people in this world that are born homosexual, and born bixexual....but also that a lot of people choose to be homeosexual...and I also believe that something can go wrong with hormones...b/c I know I've got more male hormones then female hormones, but I am not bi, nor am I homosexual....always been straight.

So what? again, and I'm not being sarcastic....its the same with when someone says, OMG, there is a white guy with a black woman....and I say, "SO What!"

It doesn't bother me either way, and I also believe that way to many people in this U.S. have used it for a hate tool or fear b/c of their religion....and that is their decision. you cannot control people and how they think...and yes, there are some very hateful people...and personally that disgusts me....

however, b/c he feels the way he does about these subjects, doesn't say, he won't learn....

I am cut and dry or black in white in some of my beliefs...but I'm still learning...and will continue to learn, and hope to until the day I die.

I believe that some people take his and the comments of others all the way over to the other end of the spectrum.....you see him say a negative thing about gays, and all of a sudden he hates gays, no that isn't the truth....

and that has got to stop.....people build someone's feelings on agenda....

Gay and Abortion, should be personal choice and not a governmental issue...and I don't believe in Abortion, but would never dictate to someone else what they can't do.
I respect that you don't think these things should be government issues, but when Dr Carson puts forth his views, do you think that HE thinks these things shouldn't be government issues? Because if he puts forth his views as an argument for government policies, like laws against same-sex marriage, or laws against abortion, it's HIS agenda that is in question. Why does he share his view that prison turns people into homosexuals? What is HIS agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies