Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:37 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Lol... That went off without a hitch.

Wonder what she thought she was gaining by saying such a dumb thing.
This is just proof that public speaking is not as easy as it looks, especially for administrative personnel who are used to writing, editing, rethinking and editing again. Speaking in public is harder than it looks, she was probably nervous, was not even able to follow the proper order of events she planned, was distracted and started blurting out the first things that came to her lips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 09:04 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This is just proof that public speaking is not as easy as it looks, especially for administrative personnel who are used to writing, editing, rethinking and editing again. Speaking in public is harder than it looks, she was probably nervous, was not even able to follow the proper order of events she planned, was distracted and started blurting out the first things that came to her lips.
I am sorry, she was out of line and defending her poor demeanor is inappropriate. There are far other things that I (and many others) would have thought of to say at a graduation ceremony, EVEN IF completely nervous and distracted. I have spoke in public, and yes it is difficult, but I am deeply disappointed in this classless, unproffessional school admininstrator.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:24 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ever been to college graduations? This happens all of the time. As soon as thier child recieves thier diploma, they get up and leave. I have seen this at MANY college graduations.
I was at a college graduation last week and a black family sitting nearby left as soon as their graduate receives his diploma. Interesting point. I wonder if KFC was catering the reception.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:52 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I was at a college graduation last week and a black family sitting nearby left as soon as their graduate receives his diploma. Interesting point. I wonder if KFC was catering the reception.
It is quite common and odd. I am going to another graduation this weekend (Creighton) and I am sure that the same thing will happen again, as it ALWAYS happens.

Additionally, even though family members are told not to clap until the end of the ceremony, EVERY Hispanic family cheers and sounds off horns, ect as soon as thier graduate crosses the stage.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Quote:
It is quite common and odd. I am going to another graduation this weekend (Creighton) and I am sure that the same thing will happen again, as it ALWAYS happens.

Additionally, even though family members are told not to clap until the end of the ceremony, EVERY Hispanic family cheers and sounds off horns, ect as soon as thier graduate crosses the stage.

You both are hilarious.

Only the minorities leave when their graduate walks across the stage or yells when their graduate's name is called

Old 05-11-2015, 10:17 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What kind of school is this?

I looked it up and only could find some stuff about how it's not traditional and also the grammar mistake on their webpage.
That usually means no classroom instruction.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:20 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Damn... the hate is strong in this one.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:23 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:

and the world doesnt stop turning.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:23 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,975 times
Quote:
Look who's not going to boost this poster's reputation. All the black people!

Old 05-11-2015, 11:33 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
They didn't want to listen to the white dude...so they left...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies