Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 11:20 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have noticed the democratic party no longer is for the working man.. they are more interested in keeping cheap labor here via illegal immigrants.

Democratic party are now for the rich, which they have become .. they are no longer working for the betterment of bringing people out of poverty. They are creating poverty for the next generations to come with huge taxes and huge give aways bringing in more illegals raking in the freebees.. the legal Americans will foot the bill while using cheap labor to keep Unions weak and the working mans wages down. Black people as well as whites are unemployed , and keep poverty growing.
Explain how the Democratic party is doing any of that ????

Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I get asked to take responsibility for the mistakes of previous white males all the time. At least the group you are held accountable against is alive. Some expect I need to right the wrongs of others that have been dead for 150 years.
I too am bundled into the "you're white, so it's all your fault" group as well, and all based on outward appearance.

I've been on the receiving end of racism more than a few times myself. EXP: I was sick as a dog kneeling in the remedies' aisle of the store when a young 20 something black male (and female companion) pushed his cart right up to me and said, "get out of the way you MF'n white boy"... I was 40 something at the time, and was astonished at the incident. Needless to say, I simply got up, smiled, let him pass, and then continued to find what I needed.

I have nearly as much Hispanic (and some African) ancestry as European. Though, the irony here is that my European ancestry is largely Slavic, which means SLAVE. My paternal ancestors were white slaves, and they didn't come to the US until the late 19th century.

Just as African Americans should not be bundled into the group of generational hatred toward all whites (racists), whites can't be bundled into being blamed for the institution of slavery (which has been abolished for 160 years) or the "all whites are racists" meme which some blacks seem to thrive on. The truth is that most whites weren't even here until well after the civil war, and their ancestors had nothing to do with any of it.

Being an American mutt (born from the melting pot) for me to be a racist would be to hate myself. I literally have every skin color running through my heritage.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-16-2015 at 11:40 AM..

Old 05-16-2015, 11:28 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Explain how the Democratic party is doing any of that ????
You haven't noticed ? The democrats are fighting for the rights of illegals.. not creating jobs ..at all.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:36 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Originally Posted by shooting4life
Who is denying slavery?

When ever slavery is brought up as reason for the failings of some in this day in age the next sentence is always how we need to either take money from someone and give it to them or provide systematic advantages that disadvantages non blacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I said denying that we havent healed, not denying slavery.

ill be more clear, claiming that everything is fine and dandy and that everyone really does have equal opportunity.

The first black generation to fully have the same rights as all Americans werent born until the 1970's.

Further more, name something that disadvantages non blacks ????
And why haven't we healed? I blame race dividing hate fomenting activists, like Sharpton and race mongers like him, who depend on the divide for their livelihood. They are actors in the theatre of racism, and get paid well for it. Like all actors, they are really good at deception... after all, actors are nothing more than exceptional liars.

You cannot force every white, black, and brown person to be colorblind, though we have made great strides in becoming a color-blind society. However, in the last decade, we are regressing back... only this time it's for some faux racism, which simply does not exist.

Dr. MLK must be rolling in his grave.

Quote:
You haven't noticed ? The democrats are fighting for the rights of illegals.. not creating jobs ..at all.
I'd add that the jobs they are creating are low-paying jobs. It's ironic that they over regulate and tax businesses (and workers) which send jobs offshore, and then when there's nothing but service jobs left they start rallying the very people they threw into this poor condition for a higher minimum wage.

It's like the need to take control overides common sense.

It's freakin insanity on display, and the tail wagging the dog!

Last edited by steven_h; 05-16-2015 at 11:47 AM..

Old 05-16-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Again explain how, in detail.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

And why haven't we healed? I blame race dividing hate fomenting activists, like Sharpton and race mongers like him, who depend on the divide for their livelihood. They are actors in the theatre of racism, and get paid well for it. Like all actors, they are really good at deception... after all, actors are nothing more than exceptional liars.

You cannot force every white, black, and brown person to be colorblind, though we have made great strides in becoming a color-blind society. However, in the last decade, we are regressing back... only this time it's for some faux racism, which simply does not exist.

Dr. MLK must be rolling in his grave.
You have every right to that opinion; But do you honestly believe no white person divides us by race? Al Sharpton's TV show has 500,000 viewers on his best day, there are racist youtubes who get that in 2 hours.

Old 05-16-2015, 12:23 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
The US cannot afford to deport the massive number of Illegals, it has to work on means to manage those that are here and the build resources to limit those who try and come. But first one has to grasp it is not all about "Latino Illegals', but that is the focus of Republican Issue, but they discount to look at the problem of other ethnic groups of immigrants.

The Democratic system is with regard for basic "human rights", Right Winger is not only into protectionism when it comes to people, their anguish extends to minorities blacks, minorities Asian and any group who is non whites. They say absolutely nothing about illegals from predominantly white nations.
many whites had no problem with latino immigrants, as long as they did jobs whites did not want, and white could hire them cheaply, but when industry left, suddenly whites wanted those jobs, but equally so, when Industry was forced to seek out illegals, because we became a importer nation, rather than a production nation, then none has yet to blame the employers who 'seek out illegals', as their claim of means to compete.
We ignored that we supported corporate criminals when they were consumed with "outsourcing", we supported corporate system when they convinced university and politicians, to attack and assault and disband Unions. Unions were the last collective voice to stand against "outsourcing', but when university moved into management, they promoted an Anti-union stand. Even when their own parents had worked union jobs to send them to school. The university backed by Industry brainwashed them to attack Unions in unrelenting ways. Then Outsourcing ramped up, until we shipped away, all core and provisional industry.
Today, the anti union masses, stand in the way of unions forcing industry to curb what they import and promote expanding what they create within industry with American labor and American supply chain industry.
Anti Union Politicians from the Right are vile and brutal in their attack on Unions. when unions if nothing more than the COLLECTIVE VOICE OF EMPLOYEES, standing up where no single individual employee has a change to have their voice heard.
We are a easily misled society, because we still have a 'worship the suit' and submit to the degree title, and the more we do so, the further down American Declines.

As to the illegals here, our task is to incorporate them, send the violent and criminal away, and integrate the working and civic responsible members into the American system. It's that simple. there will never be a white dominant society in American that controls everything in the future, as they did in the early and late 20th Century. that era is gone, fighting to bring it back is futile. No one respect any concept of white superiority nor will it ever be respected nor accepted in the 21st Century America.
People need to get real with that fact.

If we want to fix our borders and many other things : Read: A Civic Corp
it has provision to fix the borders, among many other benefits for our future generation of youth and this nations means to move forward.
If we know what is part of Foreign Nations ability to mobilize and unifiy and prepare their youth (especially China) , then we will respect the need and responsibility to do the same in America.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The original post is just some narcissistic BS. A bunch of Black hoodlums burn down Baltimore and the OP wants to make it about him.

I think your being unfair. Not all black people were enjoying burning down Baltimore. My black friends sure as hell, could not believe what they were seeing and are totally against it.

Look boils down to one damn thing, there are good and bad in each race. Hard workers in each race, and the lazy bums in each race.

Some people expect others to support their every whim, while others, do for themselves.

I have always looked at people as an individual, because we each are with are own ideals beliefs, and personality.

No one should at anytime have to justify a color of their skin, to anyone else. If you feel you must do this, then the person you are doing this to prove something, ain't a friend to begin with

My gosh I have had long standing relationships with black friends since High School, in YES INGLEWOOD CALIFORNIA. Home of the then Forum......... My friends I will not say black, have the same interest as I do, the same goals in life for their children, and just want to be happy and yes accepted. I have always accepted them, they are no different then my white friends.

What they are not noted for, is making excuses for bums in any race period.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:29 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
We're talking about societal pressure, applying shame to hoodrat behavior instead of looking away or glorifying it through hip hop culture. YOU may not be the problem, but there is a cultural problem of blacks pointing fingers in the wrong direction instead of holding their brethren to a higher standard. Like Don said, it's quite more than just a "few" black people misbehaving.

I had no idea things were so bad in the black community until I moved to Atlanta and lived amongst it first hand. Now I see WHY people flee black neighborhoods- when the demographics change there is a 99% chance hoodrat behavior follows. It is rampant and it's not something white people can fix.
Like I said before. Why should I care what anyone thinks? Shame doesn't work on hood rats. They don't care. How hard is that to understand?

And by the way, the largest consumer of gangster rap is the young suburban White demographic, if you really want to talk about groups. Even if alot of Blacks stop listening to gangster rap, Blacks are only 13% of the population, and the main owners of the record labels that put that stuff out there are not Black.

Most Blacks who are decent people are aware that there is a significant portion of the Black population not doing their part. We call them "hood rats". The underclass. The best anyone can do with a hood rat is walk away from them. Apart from that, all you can do is turn hood rats in to the police if they commit crimes, don't hang out with them, and the whole hood rat culture is pushed in pop culture. It's about money.

And by the way, I live in the Atlanta area. Some links below might help you.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Powder...s-Georgia.html

Cascade Heights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What parts of the Atlanta area did you go to?

And something else. Fayetteville,GA, suburb of Atlanta, is currently around 33% Black. It was 13% Black in 2000. Fayetteville, GA Population - Census 2010 and 2000 Interactive Map, Demographics, Statistics, Quick Facts - CensusViewer

http://www.city-data.com/city/Fayetteville-Georgia.html

According to the data provided in the link, the crime index in Fayetteville is lower now than it was in 2001.

Again, what is the point in going after the whole of the Black population? That shaming tactic might work in East Asia, but it doesn't work in the USA.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:38 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I think your being unfair. Not all black people were enjoying burning down Baltimore. My black friends sure as hell, could not believe what they were seeing and are totally against it.

Look boils down to one damn thing, there are good and bad in each race. Hard workers in each race, and the lazy bums in each race.

Some people expect others to support their every whim, while others, do for themselves.

I have always looked at people as an individual, because we each are with are own ideals beliefs, and personality.

No one should at anytime have to justify a color of their skin, to anyone else. If you feel you must do this, then the person you are doing this to prove something, ain't a friend to begin with

My gosh I have had long standing relationships with black friends since High School, in YES INGLEWOOD CALIFORNIA. Home of the then Forum......... My friends I will not say black, have the same interest as I do, the same goals in life for their children, and just want to be happy and yes accepted. I have always accepted them, they are no different then my white friends.

What they are not noted for, is making excuses for bums in any race period.
The truth is, some people aren't interested in being fair. There is more interest in complaining and venting anger.

In my experiences, I can confirm there is good and bad in every race and ethnicity. Statistics tell one thing. My experiences don't always mirror that. Having been a crime victim at the hand of both White thugs and Black thugs, I don't see the point in lumping everyone in the same category.

The Black persons who were involved in burning one section of Baltimore, this is what can be assessed from those persons. Mostly the underclass. Where was the rest of Baltimore's Black population?

It should be about personal responsibility. If you do something, it should stick to you, not the entire population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies