Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 05:07 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,100,254 times

Advertisements

Bush was bad, but the worst? Nah. The worst is probably one of those guys who's names you don't even recognize, like Andrew Johnson, John Taylor, or Millard Fillmore.

And if this trick worked on you, one of those names was not a president. Which is my point. Most people can't name every president, which is fine, but you can't go throwing around who sucks the most without actually comparing all of them. It's easy to compare the current one or the previous one with the names people can easily think of, like Reagan, or Roosevelt, or Clinton, but one you throw in Fillmore or Pierce, you start to realize there's a lot you don't know.

And for the record, I believe Andrew Johnson was the worst president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 05:07 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,951,030 times
As far as changing the country most severely in a negative way it is obviously George W Bush but that doesn't say much for Obama as he has only continued and intensified the same disastrous wars, bailouts and policies.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:08 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Then he would really, really, really have to royally screw up in the next 2 years to dethrone George Walker Bush.

I doubt he could ********** country over that bad if he tried to. And if he did try, he would finally get the support of the Republican House and Senate.
Well, at least you admit there is a chance, and with the current congress....

Didn't many dems say in the last 3 months bush f'd the country? No I don't have a link....just a questions....

Old 05-12-2015, 05:11 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,027,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The link is from some no-name Obamabot's opinion blog.

Have a better source?
The American people and then we can throw in some of those pesky historians

"In an informal survey of 109 professional historians conducted over a three-week period through the History News Network, 98.2 percent assessed the presidency of Mr. Bush to be a failure while 1.8 percent classified it as a success.

Asked to rank the presidency of George W. Bush in comparison to those of the other 41 American presidents, more than 61 percent of the historians concluded that the current presidency is the worst in the nation’s history."

History News Network | HNN Poll: 61% of Historians Rate the Bush Presidency Worst

Old 05-12-2015, 05:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The link is from some no-name Obamabot's opinion blog.

Have a better source?
The source contains the results of a poll.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:15 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,228,421 times
Default the work force is smaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Hmmm. Since you posted its certain to be a Republican.
Can you accept the facts? The numbers aren't manufactured. After two recessions during the Bush administration the work force is smaller than it was in 99.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 05-12-2015 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 05-12-2015, 05:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Who the best president is has always been pretty clear to me.

The worst? I don't know...it's easy to Monday Morning Quarterback someone that's doing a job that you're not smart enough or competent enough to do if you were in that position. And believe me...not one single person on CD is smart enough to be the POTUS.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:24 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who the best president is has always been pretty clear to me.

The worst? I don't know...it's easy to Monday Morning Quarterback someone that's doing a job that you're not smart enough or competent enough to do if you were in that position. And believe me...not one single person on CD is smart enough to be the POTUS.
It's absolutely amazing how many times you tell people how smart they are not.

You helped elect obama, not by his accomplishments, but skin color. We know you did, everyone here does.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:28 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,060,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The American people and then we can throw in some of those pesky historians

"In an informal survey of 109 professional historians conducted over a three-week period through the History News Network, 98.2 percent assessed the presidency of Mr. Bush to be a failure while 1.8 percent classified it as a success.

Asked to rank the presidency of George W. Bush in comparison to those of the other 41 American presidents, more than 61 percent of the historians concluded that the current presidency is the worst in the nation’s history."

History News Network | HNN Poll: 61% of Historians Rate the Bush Presidency Worst
The link is from 2008.
Have something newer?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:29 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,335,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Six-plus years and still using the same whipping-boy as an excuse.
Not to jump on the Bush bashing bandwagon, not that I couldn't, but the fact is a policy set in motion by any President doesn't have a date stamp. It has been 200 years and we still credit Washington with the peaceful transition of the presidency, and Lincoln with federalism. The policies of both Roosevelts resonate even today. So it is a bit facetious to argue that blaming a president for policies that they enacted a mere 6 years ago is out of the question.

Last edited by TheWiseWino; 05-12-2015 at 05:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies