Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 03:03 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
So I guess I deserve to be stereotyped because I'm black, despite the fact that I went to college, have a white collar job, dress appropriately, am not loud, boisterous and vulgure, have well-mannered kids...

Any adult should be able to distinguish a black man vs a black thug.

Why should you be nervous simply because I'm next to you in the store with my black kids?
I wouldn't be nervous standing next to you and your kids in a store, I WOULD however be wary if you were dressed in saggy pants and a hoodie walking towards me on the street. Even though you wouldn't do me harm, how do I know every black I meet is going to be like you? I'd be stupid to NOT be wary of blacks who fit a certain description when its those very blacks who commit the most crime and violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
All these types of never ending threads are simply vent threads designed to incite and stir. It's also preaching to the choir for many on here.

Venting about these matters on forums does absolutely nothing. If people are that concerned about these things, then do something more meaningful instead of venting on an internet site. Be more pro-active. Do SOME thing than just complain on a forum that changes zero.
If that's the case, then why post about police brutality against blacks? Why post about the justice system supposedly being biased towards blacks? Aren't those all vent threads designed to incite and stir black people to get angry towards police and non-blacks in general?

Or maybe those threads are part venting and also part informing those who might otherwise not know or be aware of the problem? That's what I'm doing here. Part venting, but also partly to let other people know that black on non-black crime is FAR from being a minor problem in the US and that it needs to be dealt with just as much as how police treat and interact with black people. Otherwise you get people like below who don't think its a huge issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
You're making it seem like black people beating up white people is some kind of trend. A black person could have easily been the victim.
IT IS A TREND and it always has been, just that now thanks to the internet and video cameras far more people can be aware of it than ever before. Just as blacks are thankful that more video cameras can now catch cops behaving badly towards them, so too can non-blacks be thankful that more cameras can prove that black on non-black violence is FAR from being a 'minor issue'.

And if black on non-black crime was so insignificant, then blacks wouldn't be committing crime and violence against non-blacks all across the country and there wouldn't be so many videos and news stories about it being posted here to the point that you're now 'bored/tired of it'.

And lets be real here, if all these incidents posted were non-black on black crime, you can bet your life savings that they would not only be all be posted here, but they would also be reported by every single news outlet across the country for days on end. This incident I posted is barely mentioned anywhere outside of where it happened, yet are you seriously going to have me believe that if an innocent black teen got his a$$ kicked like this that it wouldn't be headline news everywhere? That there wouldn't be MORE protests around the countries yelling for racism against blacks to end etc?

Yet being this teen was white, he doens't matter. Not to the media and certainly not to black people who rarely if EVER apologise for all the damage, injury and death they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I just don't care anymore. White racists will always be white racists. They will always use incidents like this to justify their racism. Who cares? All I demand is fairness and respect. I ddon't want to be your friend anymore than you want to be mine. If you think the kids in this video represent the majority of black kids in America then you're an idiot. They represent all black kids the way these kids represent all white kids

White Teens Run Over Black Man In Surveillance Video - ABC News

These posts ARE NOT to justify 'our racism'. Its to make blacks understand WHY people stereotype them the way they do. Just as blacks are angry and cops for how they're treated by them, us non-blacks are angry at blacks for how they treat US. Most non-blacks just want to live their lives in relative peace and safety, yet blacks just won't let that happen. Not only do they have to f**k up their own communities, but they many of them seem hellbent on f**king up our neighborhoods as well.

And its interesting that you have to go back SEVERAL YEARS to find a white on black attack, yet EVERY WEEK there is a black on non-black crime of some sort and black people want to blame non-blacks for messing up race relations in this country?!??!?!! >_>

And here's another thing. Anyone can post to these forums anytime they like correct? So how come there are so few posts about non-black on black violence and crime here? You can't possibly tell me everyone is too busy to post those stories and videos can you? Or maybe, JUST MAYBE there are so few non-black on black incidents that there's almost nothing to post about? Nawww it can't be that right? It must be just that us non-blacks are much more smarter at covering up all the interracial crime that we commit against blacks so that we're never caught. That HAS to be it I'm sure.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:33 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
These posts ARE NOT to justify 'our racism'. Its to make blacks understand WHY people stereotype them the way they do. Just as blacks are angry and cops for how they're treated by them, us non-blacks are angry at blacks for how they treat US. Most non-blacks just want to live their lives in relative peace and safety, yet blacks just won't let that happen. Not only do they have to f**k up their own communities, but they many of them seem hellbent on f**king up our neighborhoods as well.

And its interesting that you have to go back SEVERAL YEARS to find a white on black attack, yet EVERY WEEK there is a black on non-black crime of some sort and black people want to blame non-blacks for messing up race relations in this country?!??!?!! >_>

And here's another thing. Anyone can post to these forums anytime they like correct? So how come there are so few posts about non-black on black violence and crime here? You can't possibly tell me everyone is too busy to post those stories and videos can you? Or maybe, JUST MAYBE there are so few non-black on black incidents that there's almost nothing to post about? Nawww it can't be that right? It must be just that us non-blacks are much more smarter at covering up all the interracial crime that we commit against blacks so that we're never caught. That HAS to be it I'm sure.
That's funny. I found one right here:

Thugs Jump Man with Concealed Carry Permit, Thug dies!

I've noticed you have a very selective memory for events that don't suit your little agenda.

Here's some news for you... Black people already understand WHY (some) people stereotype them the way they do. Because people like you want to blame all of them for the actions of the criminals. Meanwhile, outside of your little bubble, the rational people realize everyone is an individual and is only responsible for his or her own actions.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:46 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That doesn't seem likely. I doubt there has been any time in the past 150 years when white on black violent incidents outnumbered the reverse.
Really? You don't think that during the civil rights era, and during segregation and prior, that white on black incidents wouldn't be greater than the opposite? I don't have any statistics, but anecdotally and just due to the fact of how blacks were treated in this country, I would think this would be the case.

I definitely don't excuse the violence in this video, or the crime and violence you always hear about in the inner city. I just think that historically, Blacks probably experienced more violent crime towards them, especially in the deep south. It probably wasn't always reported or investigated back then.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:33 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Really? You don't think that during the civil rights era, and during segregation and prior, that white on black incidents wouldn't be greater than the opposite?
Is there any reason I should think so? There are the famous incidents involving attacks on civil rights protestors which have been burned into the national conciousness through the years. But who was doing the bulk of the day to day violence in the 1950s?

Quote:
THEY are afraid to say so in public, but many of the North's big-city mayors
groan in private that their biggest and most worrisome problem is the crime rate
among Negroes.

In 1,551 U.S. cities, according to the FBI tally for 1956, Negroes, making up
10% of the U.S. population, accounted for about 30% of all arrests, and 60% of
the arrests for crimes involving violence or threat of bodily harm—murder,
non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. In one city
after another, the figures—where they are not hidden or suppressed by
politicians—reveal a shocking pattern.
National Affairs: THE NEGRO CRIME RATE: A FAILURE IN INTEGRATION - TIME

...the same demographic that does it today.

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 05-22-2015 at 07:45 AM..

Old 05-22-2015, 07:39 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
People aren't normally executed for killing fellow thugs in violence over turf or being dissed. You think they should be?
This is how I see it. Murders committed by Blacks kill Blacks more than anyone else in this nation. Blacks are the #1 murder victim demographic in the nation. Decent Black people don't want to live around that either. Of course, many people don't consider that. Only when Blacks are committing murder do people notice. I notice that the death penalty rarely deters Black criminals from murdering other Blacks. Why? Well, in addition to many of those criminals not valuing anyone's life, including their own, there is another thing to consider. Black on Black murder isn't punished as much as Black on White murder is. Black on White murder might not get reported nearly as much. However, it certainly gets Black murderers the death sentence. Maybe if more Black murderers got the death penalty for murdering other Blacks, it might deter things. Think about the message it sends. If the majority of murder victims are Black, but the majority of persons executed murdered White people, what kind of message does it send?

Old 05-22-2015, 07:40 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Homo Sapiens are a failed experiment.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Is there any reason I should think so? There are the famous incidents involving attacks on civil rights protestors which have burned into the national conciousness through the years. But who was doing the bulk of the day to day violence in the 1950s?

National Affairs: THE NEGRO CRIME RATE: A FAILURE IN INTEGRATION - TIME

...the same demographic that does it today.
And the bulk of that violence was towards each other. There is also another thing to consider. False accusations. A Black person could be falsely accused and that accusation would stick. Not saying there weren't Black criminals in those days. And Black on White crimes were punished much more harshly than Black on Black crimes. Kind of sent a message of "I can hurt my own kind and get away with it".

Old 05-22-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I don't care why Blacks get stereotyped. I am sick of caring. I'm going to take care of myself and look after me. I have every right to be angry at how I get treated. Just as many people don't care why there are Blacks committing so many crimes, I don't care why so many people want to stereotype Blacks. Blacks have been looked down on from day one. So what? Give me one reason why I should care, given the fact that I am doing my part to be a productive member of society. If my effort isn't enough, well, I don't care. All I care about is making sure I have my rights, my way of making a living, and my own safety. If there are people who don't like me, well, give me one good reason why I should care.

I understand that what those thugs did is wrong. I understand there are those who want to live peacefully. I also notice you leave out the fact that there are alot of Black people who don't want to live around thuggish types either. Crime affects Blacks too.

Now, this is my question. All I see is complaints about Blacks. If the feeling is that Blacks as a whole are such horrible people, what are you going to do about that, other than complain? Complaining does no good.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:29 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is also another thing to consider. False accusations. A Black person could be falsely accused and that accusation would stick. Not saying there weren't Black criminals in those days.
Wow, that is a stretch. Plenty of white people are falsely accused and it sticks as well. Remember that criminals of any color are all to happy to try and reduce their sentence or evade being caught themselves without a single tear of remorse of blaming someone else.
Even simple examples of a pregnant girl that will claim their teacher or someone raped them to avoid responsibility for their boyfriend knocking them up.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wow, that is a stretch. Plenty of white people are falsely accused and it sticks as well. Remember that criminals of any color are all to happy to try and reduce their sentence or evade being caught themselves without a single tear of remorse of blaming someone else.
Even simple examples of a pregnant girl that will claim their teacher or someone raped them to avoid responsibility for their boyfriend knocking them up.
Today yes. I'm talking about the early 20th century though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies