Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:30 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
When will you people learn? Serving in the military isn't a prerequisite to be POTUS. If it was it would be in the constitution...
Exactly. People should also realize that Military Training and Indoctrination is to "follow " orders, not to "think" about it first. Why would any President even need that kind of mindset, unless it was a Republican one, that takes his cues from the wealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 02:38 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Exactly. People should also realize that Military Training and Indoctrination is to "follow " orders, not to "think" about it first. Why would any President even need that kind of mindset, unless it was a Republican one, that takes his cues from the wealthy.
Simply to help them realize the consequences of their actions. And the reasons to make them. A president need to think of the welfare of the nation, not his personal agenda.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Aha, Thought so. Fox is your facts source. Its OK, its also what all other people that have no clue watch and revere as the word of God. What's your alternative sources? Your Buddies opinions?

(Like Obama losing the election report) Classic that will go down in history.

I live in reality, unlike the Right wingers, no matter what they call themselves. You can call a Zebra a horse, but its still a Zebra.

Maybe you should pay attention to more of the good minds here, that see more than you seem to, and you can learn something. I learn a lot by reading the posts. since no one knows everything, and your mind should be open. Try it.
And you continue to express your ignorance as to the source of your allegations.

My alternative sources are blogs, all media sources and watching MSM broadcasts. As for your reference to "the word of God", look over in the atheist forum for you answer.

Trying to divert the conversation with references to missed projections, look at 2014 with all the predictions of the dems winning big. Not so much, right?

As for paying attention to "the good minds here", there are more that disagree with you than agree. You don't have the chops to decide who has a good mind ere. Reading posts and only believing those that you agree with show your lack of interest in the truth.

Once again your bigotry shows its ugly head.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I volunteered for the military and didn't mind being there buddy. You sound like you don't understand how the military works. Are you in one of the patriot border patrol units? You know, the ones keeping Texas safe from Mexicans while drinking Budweisers, holding AR15s, and waving the confederate flag...

I was in 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry division, the Army's first SBCT out of joint base Lewis Mcchord [just known as Fort Lewis back than]... I touched down in theater in 2003.. But that's besides the point. My circle of associates and friends while in the military (and even to this day) never consisted of only like minded people that agree with me socially or politically. Your opinion on this matter really explains why redneck thinking hasn't evolved... EVER... Expand your horizons...
And again you expose your ignorance. I stated two tours in Viet Nam. A little before your time frame I guess. And I doubt if they truly knew what you believed or you may have been fragged.

BTW, "redneck", for disagreeing with you makes me one? FYI I am from Southern California, hardly a bastion of the redneck.

But keep grasping at made up straws. It is amusing.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:20 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
Quote:
When will you people learn? Serving in the military isn't a prerequisite to be POTUS. If it was it would be in the constitution...
What does that have to do with me holding an opinion? A lot of people think that we should ban people from keeping and bearing arms, but fortunately the Constitution overrules their opinion.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
It wouldn't have mattered. When Hillary was of age, during Vietnam, women were not allowed in any capacity other than nurses and a few medical techs of the various branches at hospitals in country. Women were not allowed in the field.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It wouldn't have mattered. When Hillary was of age, during Vietnam, women were not allowed in any capacity other than nurses and a few medical techs of the various branches at hospitals in country. Women were not allowed in the field.
What does their MOS have to do with anything? Are you trying to marginalize the female Vietnam veterans who did serve? Do you hate women?

Old 05-28-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
What does their MOS have to do with anything? Are you trying to marginalize the female Vietnam veterans who did serve? Do you hate women?
Their MOS or NEC were the only designation that could get a woman in country at all at that time. Even in country they were never allowed to be anywhere, where there was a high probability of contact with the enemy. We did however lose a few women to rocket attacks in country.. 59 civilian women and 8 military women died in Vietnam. This does not belittle their sacrifice, but rather is commentary on the times.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Their MOS or NEC were the only designation that could get a woman in country at all at that time. Even in country they were never allowed to be anywhere, where there was a high probability of contact with the enemy. We did however lose a few women to rocket attacks in country..
So what? Do you really think that combat duty is the only mark of a valid military career is in a combat position? You must not be aware of the female nurses who were officers and were acknowledged as such by their male underlings. A male majort would salute a female Lt. Colonel. This was during the 1940s. Don' try to tell me that it was so much different 20-25 years later.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
So what? Do you really think that combat duty is the only mark of a valid military career is in a combat position? You must not be aware of the female nurses who were officers and were acknowledged as such by their male underlings. A male majort would salute a female Lt. Colonel. This was during the 1940s. Don' try to tell me that it was so much different 20-25 years later.
Oh I am well aware of military nurses role during Vietnam. I was a navy corpsman there. I was making a remark as to the situation of the time. I will be the first to tell you that our nurses in the hospital in Danang played a very important role. Today it is much different. Women can and do go into combat positions that were previously not allowed. The last person you have to tell about women officers during Vietnam is me. I laid in one the hospital there and received care and I was eternally grateful for their professionalism. Get off your high horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies