Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 08:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Those w/o a sense of humor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Addressing the matter of the radical group Boko Haram, which as killed, bombed and kidnapped people before and has the lowest opinion of women, Fluke told KCRW host Madeleine Brand on her afternoon show Press Play that the girls being held captive by the militants should “count themselves lucky.”

“I must say that as dire and barbaric as these Boko militants in Nigeria seem, we have to remember that if these girls are released and come to America as political refugees, they could end up working for Republican lawmakers here in California or in Washington, or end up living in a Red state in the South, which would no doubt make them wish they were still in the clutches of militant al-Qaeda-linked rapist terrorists,” Fluke told Brand."
Sandra Fluke:
Fluke is running for a California Senate seat.

... seldom recognize it when it slaps them in the intellect.

Carry on.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:42 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Didn't realize that, and I thought she had run before. Thanks for the tip. The link was shared by a friend on FB. Guess I should have done some homework.
Mistakes happen. I have no respect for those posters that submit such a mistake, and then never, ever return to the thread to own up to it.

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them". John C. Marshall.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:04 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Those w/o a sense of humor...
... seldom recognize it when it slaps them in the intellect.
Nope. When you are constantly dealing with liberals who agree with Joy Behar's statement "Isn't it a little racist to call it Black Friday?", then you realize liberals are capable of saying and thinking the the most mindblowingly stupid things.

Hell, forget Behar, just look around this forum.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:07 AM

934 posts, read 595,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
You realize that 'duhprogressive' is a satire web site? And that she lost her bid during the last election cycle?

Here, this may help:

Fake Boko Haram comment by Sandra Fluke dupes Rabbi, San Diego Jewish World
LMFAO. Was there an article on the Onion?

Old 05-26-2015, 10:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Mistakes happen. I have no respect for those posters that submit such a mistake, and then never, ever return to the thread to own up to it.

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them". John C. Marshall.
I got caught up in one of these things once before. Seemed perfectly legit. I did not recognize this Website, either. I usually don't post anything from a site I'm not already familiar with. Lesson learned ... this time for good.

Reps to ya on this one.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind melon View Post
LMFAO. Was there an article on the Onion?
The Onion is the one that tripped me up about a year ago. I should have been more careful, because I didn't recognize this Website either.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:09 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Yes, some satire sites can really trip you up!

I first ran across the Landover Baptist site years ago, and had to visit it a couple times to be truly sure it was satire. Having been more or less forced at a young age to spend serious time with *very* far-right Christians, too much of it seemed all too real to me.

People who are curious can google it up for themselves, but be warned - there is nothing religion-friendly about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies