Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 05:47 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Yeah, that sounds like a personal problem to me on your part. I couldn't care less whether an employee in a store wears a scarf for religious reasons or because they are trying to be fashionable, just give me some good service and we'll get along fine.
You clearly don't understand business and especially sales. The product includes the salesperson. It may not consciously affect you personally, but I can assure you it does affect sales.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Take it all the way to the Supreme Court, I'm sure trying to justify legalized bigotry against one whole segment of the population will be a winning argument for you.
So now YOU get to decide what is bigotry? Who gave you that job?

And BTW, we are discussing what is right, not what the Supreme Court has ruled. A SC ruling does not make it right, it just makes it the law.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:00 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So now YOU get to decide what is bigotry? Who gave you that job?

And BTW, we are discussing what is right, not what the Supreme Court has ruled. A SC ruling does not make it right, it just makes it the law.
The supreme court decision is about fairness, tell me how you would rewrite the civil rights act to make it "right".

Old 06-05-2015, 06:38 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I might be more impressed with these pleas for acceptance and inclusion if Muslim countries and the Muslim religion embraced religious diversity, gender equality, etc.
So the standard for the United States is based upon what other countries do, interesting.

Quote:
Only naive liberal and left-wing Americans would feel sorry for Muslims not being allowed to do things that Muslims themselves would NEVER allow other people to do (practice a different religion, dress scantily) if they were running the show -- LOL.
Apparently only "naive" liberals and left-wing Americans would feel sorry for Americans not being allowed to do what Americans have a right to do, enjoy equality under the law.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:12 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Oh great, now A&F will have it's employee dress code dictated by a 7th century philosophy that reveres a pedophile who thought that anyone who didn't worship him should be murdered.

What's next? When do we stop "accommodating" a vile 7th century philosophy that subjugates women for the benefit of their male masters? Everyone on this board who is defending her "religious freedom" really needs to get a clue. The dress code in Islam is about controlling women and ensuring that they stay in their place. Notice that there aren't any similar requirements for the men...

Those of you defending Islam in this thread really should spend some time living in Muslim countries and see just how badly the women are abused in EVERY one of them. And in case you're not paying attention, they are importing their beliefs and practices to our country now. Almost every immigrant wave of the past adopted American values and culture after moving here. The Muslims not so much.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:36 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The supreme court decision is about fairness, tell me how you would rewrite the civil rights act to make it "right".
I'd get rid of it.

We already have a Bill of Rights that applies to all legal U.S. citizens in this country.

There is no reason to single out race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or anything else.

The only other change I'd make is to exclude Muslims from the First Amendment, for reasons I've already given.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:42 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
So the standard for the United States is based upon what other countries do, interesting.
No, my whole point is that our standard is NOT based on what other countries -- especially Muslim countries -- do.

So when Muslims come here, they must either follow the precept, "When in Rome do as the Romans do," and give up their aggressive and intolerant religion, or be thrown out.

Since it is impossible for them embrace religious diversity and gender equality -- among other things -- and still follow their religion, they have to go.

Quote:
Apparently only "naive" liberals and left-wing Americans would feel sorry for Americans not being allowed to do what Americans have a right to do, enjoy equality under the law.
There is no way any Muslim should ever have been allowed to become an American citizen.

Islam -- I will say it again -- requires its adherents to kill, convert, or subjugate and tax all non-Muslims.

I find it hilarious that liberals -- who will express outrage because an American, non-Muslim man is slightly sexist towards a woman or a Christian baker refuses to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple -- go out of their way to defend a religion that still sanctions the stoning of women, the death sentence for gays and apostates, and Jihad against all who are not Muslim. Hilarious indeed.

But also disturbing.

Liberals just love bad and evil things -- as long as those things can be considered opposed to white males, Americans, Israel, Western Civilization and Christianity.

So much for liberal "principles," which are based on hypocrisy, hate and bigotry.

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-05-2015 at 11:01 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 05:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I'd get rid of it.

We already have a Bill of Rights that applies to all legal U.S. citizens in this country.

There is no reason to single out race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or anything else.

The only other change I'd make is to exclude Muslims from the First Amendment, for reasons I've already given.
Why would you remove the right to free speech from someone like Mohammed Ali? Why would you remove the right to practice ones religion from someone like Kareem Abdul Jabbar?

Old 06-06-2015, 05:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:

There is no way any Muslim should ever have been allowed to become an American citizen.
Many were citizens long before they became Muslims.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Regarding the topic of this thread, I would be sure that employers have the right to determine dress codes for whatever reason they choose.

That's fairness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies