U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2015, 11:45 AM
 
335 posts, read 355,461 times
Reputation: 410

Advertisements

Republicans want to squander trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan, but don't want to invest in U.S. infrastructure.

Report Reveals $8.5 Trillion Missing From Pentagon Budget | Crooks and Liars

Yahoo Money' The Daily Ticker is reporting that is has discovered a Reuters investigation that reveals $8.5 trillion that's trillion with a "T" in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996 that has never been accounted for.

You read that right. While Republican politicians rush to slash food stamps for the 47 million Americans living in poverty the highest amount in nearly two decades Republican U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has the audacity to complain that $20 billion dollars in automatic sequester cuts to the massive and secretive $565.8 billion Defense Department budget are " too steep, too deep, and too abrupt," all while the Pentagon and the Defense Department are overseeing massive fraud, waste, and abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2015, 11:55 AM
 
29,787 posts, read 16,472,432 times
Reputation: 13846
Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhandem View Post
Republicans want to squander trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan, but don't want to invest in U.S. infrastructure.

Report Reveals $8.5 Trillion Missing From Pentagon Budget | Crooks and Liars

Yahoo Money' The Daily Ticker is reporting that is has discovered a Reuters investigation that reveals $8.5 trillion – that's trillion with a "T" – in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996 that has never been accounted for.

You read that right. While Republican politicians rush to slash food stamps for the 47 million Americans living in poverty – the highest amount in nearly two decades – Republican U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has the audacity to complain that $20 billion dollars in automatic sequester cuts to the massive and secretive $565.8 billion Defense Department budget are " too steep, too deep, and too abrupt," all while the Pentagon and the Defense Department are overseeing massive fraud, waste, and abuse.
You act as though if the pentagon were denied that money it wouldnt have gone missing in some other government department/s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 11:58 AM
 
79,556 posts, read 33,708,686 times
Reputation: 15960
This is an another excellent example of what is wrong with the country.

This is a problem that involves BOTH parties. To make it out as a problem of only one just makes yourself look foolish and provides cover for half the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,575,594 times
Reputation: 27566
We sent cargo planes with pallets full of shrink-wrapped $100 bills to the Middle East countries.
You think that wasn't done on purpose ?

Wikileaks shows memos of State Dept officials showing up with suitcases full of cash to buy friendship among the various ME tribal chiefs. One funny memo cited a tribal chief that demanded the same amount of cash for his cousin as well. And we conceded no less.

Cash money is UNTRACEABLE.

One investigator was able to trace a few billion to Lebanon hidden in a bunker.

And then of course we have the missing $2.3 trillion Pentagon paperwork along with over $1 billion in gold and other precious metals that vanished after Building 7 collapsed.

And not all of this is tin foil conspiracy. Go read wiki leaks to see the tip of the iceberg about what the US has done.
And that is just State Dept dirty laundry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 12:28 PM
 
50,762 posts, read 26,780,454 times
Reputation: 15908
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We sent cargo planes with pallets full of shrink-wrapped $100 bills to the Middle East countries.
You think that wasn't done on purpose ?

Wikileaks shows memos of State Dept officials showing up with suitcases full of cash to buy friendship among the various ME tribal chiefs. One funny memo cited a tribal chief that demanded the same amount of cash for his cousin as well. And we conceded no less.

Cash money is UNTRACEABLE.

One investigator was able to trace a few billion to Lebanon hidden in a bunker.

And then of course we have the missing $2.3 trillion Pentagon paperwork along with over $1 billion in gold and other precious metals that vanished after Building 7 collapsed.

And not all of this is tin foil conspiracy. Go read wiki leaks to see the tip of the iceberg about what the US has done.
And that is just State Dept dirty laundry.
At one point, we were giving Ahmed Chalabi and the INC 350k per month.

I mean...forget it. I give up.

Anyway, great post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 PM
 
37,034 posts, read 16,141,015 times
Reputation: 8421
Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhandem View Post
Republicans want to squander trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan, but don't want to invest in U.S. infrastructure.

Report Reveals $8.5 Trillion Missing From Pentagon Budget | Crooks and Liars

Yahoo Money' The Daily Ticker is reporting that is has discovered a Reuters investigation that reveals $8.5 trillion that's trillion with a "T" in taxpayer money doled out by Congress to the Pentagon since 1996 that has never been accounted for.

You read that right. While Republican politicians rush to slash food stamps for the 47 million Americans living in poverty the highest amount in nearly two decades Republican U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has the audacity to complain that $20 billion dollars in automatic sequester cuts to the massive and secretive $565.8 billion Defense Department budget are " too steep, too deep, and too abrupt," all while the Pentagon and the Defense Department are overseeing massive fraud, waste, and abuse.
Your open bias is bad that I have a hard time giving you ANY credibility.

Right off the bat you blame repubs then, you want to start with 1996 as if the repubs are at fault since that time.

Hint. The dems have held the presidency AND CONGRESS for MANY YEARS from 1996 to now.

The DEMS leadership in Congress voted FOR the war actions.

The DEMS VOTED for finacial support for the wars.

The Food Stamp program is one with some of the HIHEST WASTE, FRAUD and ABUSE in the ENTIRE fed gov't.

As far as "infrastructure" you have to be specific.

MANY states and cities have squandered the BILLIONS in infrastructure money they have collected and spent over the years.

So, if THAT is the "infrastruture" you are talking about , I DON'T another dime of MY tax dollars bailing other municipalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 01:08 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,199 posts, read 41,042,722 times
Reputation: 29945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Your open bias is bad that I have a hard time giving you ANY credibility.

Right off the bat you blame repubs then, you want to start with 1996 as if the repubs are at fault since that time.

Hint. The dems have held the presidency AND CONGRESS for MANY YEARS from 1996 to now.
You may want to read a little history before writing such a complete and utter falsehood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 01:15 PM
 
26,304 posts, read 12,872,191 times
Reputation: 12551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The Food Stamp program is one with some of the HIHEST WASTE, FRAUD and ABUSE in the ENTIRE fed gov't.
I dont feel like responding to the rest of the nonsense, as someone else has...but this line caught my eye.

Really? LOL. You have never ever been involved in government contracting have you?

Heck we have another thread going about the 8 trillion lost in government spending. To put that in perspective, doubt the entire amount spent on the food stamp program matches that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 01:39 PM
 
Location: CO
2,172 posts, read 1,211,722 times
Reputation: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The Food Stamp program is one with some of the HIHEST WASTE, FRAUD and ABUSE in the ENTIRE fed gov't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I dont feel like responding to the rest of the nonsense, as someone else has...but this line caught my eye.

Really? LOL. You have never ever been involved in government contracting have you?

Heck we have another thread going about the 8 trillion lost in government spending. To put that in perspective, doubt the entire amount spent on the food stamp program matches that.
  • Defense: $615 billion
  • SNAP: $84 billion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Houston
22,558 posts, read 11,620,126 times
Reputation: 9109
Defense should be cut in half and SNAP eliminated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top