Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 10:16 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's why I said "assuming everything the article says is true." What should the punishment be for...
-A police officer dragging said 14-year old by her hair and mounting her?
Every cops dream.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:16 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
"No teenagers were arrested. One adult, who was not identified, was arrested for interfering in the police investigation, Conley said. No injuries were reported."

Old 06-09-2015, 10:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't see that. I saw a kid in a blue shirt who approached the officer from behind, which appeared (to me) to be an attempt to defend against what was unquestionably an excessive use of force against Becton. One can argue about whether he was justified in pulling his weapon or not (I don't think so), but that wasn't the point where the officer lost control, imo. That occurred when he pinned the girl down. The officer drawing the gun took the cake.

A party getting broken up by police officers is a rather mundane affair at the end of the day. It's not newsworthy. It only became newsworthy because a police officer was caught on video dragging a girl by her hair. The issue is more or less whether he was justified in doing so, not whether the kids throwing the party caused it all to happen, and more or less brought the situation upon themselves.
It was a police officer dragging a Black girl by the hair that made it another national race issue.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
People were told to leave, and did anyone notice that she did walk away, the cop left her alone and somehow she ended back in the middle of things. Why did she come back. She was looking for trouble and she found it.

Now all we'll hear about the poor little black girl who by the way, refused to listen, who refused to lay down. Give me a break people.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 AM

32,111 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Someone forgot to unlock the gate.

Wouldn't YOU be upset?
Huh?

I'm not sure why everyone is so focused on the party. When I was in high school, we had wild parties. We even had parties where, gasp, people smoked marijuana (and did much harder stuff than that, actually). Cops broke them up. At some of them, people were probably even arrested (for public urination or something like that). We were "wrong" but we were largely kids being kids. And if you think your kids aren't smoking pot (or having sex) behind your back, then I'd like to offer you the Most Naive Parent of the Century Award.

One thing I can't remember is a girl getting manhandled by a police officer. This is even after kids said all types of stuff to cops.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:24 AM

32,111 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It was a police officer dragging a Black girl by the hair that made it another national race issue.
Her race only exarcebated it. It begs the question of whether a police officer would go into a middle to upper middle class neighborhood, grab a fistful of blonde hair, and drag a little white girl along the sidewalk like that. I doubt it, but if it happened, it would be just as appalling. It also makes you wonder if the comments here would be the same.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:26 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Her race only exarcebated it. It begs the question of whether a police officer would go into a middle to upper middle class neighborhood, grab a fistful of blonde hair, and drag a little white girl along the sidewalk like that. I doubt it, but if it happened, it would be just as appalling. It also makes you wonder if the comments here would be the same.
Yea I wonder if Soros will be funding a riot for this one. If it were a blonde would he fund that too.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:27 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Huh?

I'm not sure why everyone is so focused on the party. When I was in high school, we had wild parties. We even had parties where, gasp, people smoked marijuana (and did much harder stuff than that, actually). Cops broke them up. At some of them, people were probably even arrested (for public urination or something like that). We were "wrong" but we were largely kids being kids. And if you think your kids aren't smoking pot (or having sex) behind your back, then I'd like to offer you the Most Naive Parent of the Century Award.

One thing I can't remember is a girl getting manhandled by a police officer. This is even after kids said all types of stuff to cops.
The cop has been suspended pending an investigation and probably a disciplinary hearing. He will likely receive some sort of disciplinary action, which as you can see from reading this thread, virtually everyone agrees is probably appropriate.

What is not likely to happen, unless he has prior issues, is the cop being fired. This is just the hysterical wailings of people caught up in a lynch mob type mentality, and of course the usual race agitators. But whatever the appropriate punishment is according to the McKinney Police Department standards, he likely will and should get.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:30 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
anyone wonder why that white male standing in the middle of the chaos just stood there and did nothing?

also find it funny how none of the white kids got arrested
There was only one arrest.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:33 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Of course the unruly kids were to blame. I've read several local eyewitness accounts of their behavior and watched the cell phone video. The cop did nothing wrong in my view. The girl and everyone else was told to disperse. Many didn't and they were told to sit down. She refused and kept running her mouth, trying to agitate others. When he got her to the ground he was rushed and drew his weapon. He was justified in doing so.
We've got a SITUATION here, a REAL SITUATION!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies