Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 09:17 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,440,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robto View Post

There are reports, according to many witness, including many White witnesses at the pool, that some adults started by making racist comments and telling the Black teens to return to "Section 8 Housing". Even despite the fact that a lot of those Black teens were from that community. Many people, both White and Black teenagers, confirm that the fighting and disturbances were initiated by those angry White adults that got intimidated by seeing those Black kids having fun.
I read that in an article, except it stated that the whites were calling some of the troublemakers ghetto. Not the black kids from the neighborhood, not the ones that were invited. It's when the DJ tweeted out there was a public party that the hoodlums showed up. I'm not saying it was right, I'm just saying that's when the name-calling started.

IMO the DJ should be held responsible for the fracas.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:19 AM

32,122 posts, read 34,797,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
So what does that mean in a practical sense? Restitution? A misdemeanor charge for inciting a riot or disturbing the peace?

Old 06-09-2015, 09:23 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,440,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So what does that mean in a practical sense? Restitution? A misdemeanor charge for inciting a riot or disturbing the peace?
I think a fine or charge for inciting a riot perhaps, yes. If he's a real DJ (not just somebody's cousin), he could get a bad rep and he doesn't want that for his business. He should be punished regardless.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,002,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook user Tracy Price-Thompson
He’s pandering to whites, eating crow and shucking and jiving to please those who will never accept him.”
I thought "shucking and jiving" was a racist expression?

I wish the Liberal intellensia would make up their fickle minds as to what is racist and what's not.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,884,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Of course this radio host is correct. None of this would have happened if this group of kids had not trespassed, violated the HOA rules, and refused to cooperate with the police as instructed.

To be fair, based on this one video it does appear that this cop was behaving in an overzealous manner and needed to ratchet it down a notch or two.
The cop should be assigned parking meter detail, where his barrel rolls could be street art.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:31 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,539,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The cop should be assigned parking meter detail, where his barrel rolls could be street art.
I don't know how many parking meters there are in McKinney. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him get conscribed to some desk duty or something like that for a while.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
I read that in an article, except it stated that the whites were calling some of the troublemakers ghetto. Not the black kids from the neighborhood, not the ones that were invited. It's when the DJ tweeted out there was a public party that the hoodlums showed up. I'm not saying it was right, I'm just saying that's when the name-calling started.

The DJ was all over twitter saying he was only hired and didn't put out that invitation.
The girl did. She is a "party promoter". The 19 year old Tatiana is the one that promoted that pool party for a month.

All their twitter accounts are now locked though.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:32 AM

32,122 posts, read 34,797,313 times
Quote:
I think a fine or charge for inciting a riot perhaps, yes. If he's a real DJ (not just somebody's cousin), he could get a bad rep and he doesn't want that for his business. He should be punished regardless.
I'm not sure how you would actually meet that burden of proof, but okay. Typically, there's an intent element involved, and the individual being charged has to be shown to have encouraged others to commit acts of violence. It could argued that Michael Brown's father attempted to "incite a riot" but I think it's a much weaker argument for a DJ who sends out a flyer over Twitter. It's technically not a crime to throw a party that gets out of control.

How about the others involved? Specifically, Tatiana Rhodes (the promoter) and Tracy Carver (the woman she's fighting in the video). What should their punishment be?

And Dajerria Becton? What should her punishment be? She allegedly mouthed off to cops (no one has provided the exact words she said...assuming she said something at all).

Finally, what should the officer's punishment be?

Old 06-09-2015, 09:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
If I now know one thing about this incident, it's this:

It's becoming quite apparent that the only people that knows what happened were the people that we're there and saw it all from the beginning to end...the kids, the cops, and bystanders that may have been in the area when it jumped off.

Since the incident occurred, I've heard 5 million versions of the story.

So what I'm really trying to say here is this:

None of you on CD knows what the hell you're talking about so you may as well leave this local story alone and move on to topics that you have a clue about....like hating liberals/conservatives and complaining about every little nonsensical thing.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:40 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,415,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Can you listen to it again and then quote the exact words?
If you only watch the video that is being shown on CNN that shows the officer just before he pulled out his gun - then you only hear the 14 year old calling for her mother (with the other girls screaming some profanities). But, if you catch the whole video(s), you hear her egging the officers with some profanity. 2 of the officers handled the situation correctly. Unfortunately, one officer didn't follow their lead and he took it too personal. But, make no mistake about it - some of those kids did everything they could to make the situation go down like it did. There were mistakes done on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies