Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 10:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Me? Well, yes. First of all, because the amount that I would need to make before I am taxed at that rate should be more than enough for me to invest and save to properly provide for my family for generations to come.

Secondly, if my income above wherever the 90% tax rate was incurred was used properly by a responsible government(I know) to raise equality and fight poverty and raise the quality of life for the average person, I would feel good about meeting my social obligations in a society that allowed me to amass such wealth.
omg, seriously? your income in 2015 is above what the 90% income was. Wow, I would hope so. Then you try to use that comment to make a point... get real!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
I'm sorry you can't believe that not all people are motivated by money. You just don't understand health care workers, police officers, teachers, firefighters, clergy, or social workers I guess.

How you keep returning back to jealousy is just a sign of stubborness.
Honey I worked in the health care field for over 20 years and believe me, I understand what it takes and I've seen what comes in those ER's, I've seen it all.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:19 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I never worked for a poor man. Did you?
No, and that's a fair point. But I do feel like you are swinging hard from one side to the other. There is middle ground, and it isn't unreasonable.

Once again, a 90% tax rate is not on all income, but only income over an amount deemed to be ultra high. ALL INCOME BELOW THIS AMOUNT IS TAXED AT THE SAME RATE AS EVERYONE ELSE, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH MORE YOU MAKE!

If I make $100,000

And a millionaire makes his first $100,000

WE BOTH PAY THE SAME TAX RATE ON THAT FIRST HUNDRED GRAND!

Old 06-09-2015, 10:20 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,013 times
Quote:
Honey I worked in the health care field for over 20 years and believe me, I understand what it takes and I've seen what comes in those ER's, I've seen it all.
And your point is...?

Old 06-09-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
omg, seriously? your income in 2015 is above what the 90% income was. Wow, I would hope so. Then you try to use that comment to make a point... get real!
Perhaps you misunderstood me, because I don't understand your response at all.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you misunderstood me, because I don't understand your response at all.
x2

Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
No, and that's a fair point. But I do feel like you are swinging hard from one side to the other. There is middle ground, and it isn't unreasonable.

Once again, a 90% tax rate is not on all income, but only income over an amount deemed to be ultra high. ALL INCOME BELOW THIS AMOUNT IS TAXED AT THE SAME RATE AS EVERYONE ELSE, REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH MORE YOU MAKE!

If I make $100,000

And a millionaire makes his first $100,000

WE BOTH PAY THE SAME TAX RATE ON THAT FIRST HUNDRED GRAND!
I never said it was did I. I DID say, when I hit that rate I wouldn't be working. Actually do you realize that even the personal exemption gets phased out for high income? That would mean you get that first part of your income no taxes, the high income person pays on the first dollar. So lets say you have a husband and 2 kids, you get exemptions for each, high income doesn't. If you invest in real estate, you can write off depreciation where high income can't, it gets phased out. Then there is the AMT. You don't have a clue but spout as if you do.

2015 Itemized Deductions and Personal Exemption Phase-out Income Limit Changes To Adversely Affect Millions of Taxpayers

Quote:
but my work is a vital sign (no pun intended) of a quality society.
Ba ha ha ha

Old 06-09-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I never said it was did I. I DID say, when I hit that rate I wouldn't be working. Actually do you realize that even the personal exemption gets phased out for high income? That would mean you get that first part of your income no taxes, the high income person pays on the first dollar. So lets say you have a husband and 2 kids, you get exemptions for each, high income doesn't. If you invest in real estate, you can write off depreciation where high income can't, it gets phased out. Then there is the AMT. You don't have a clue but spout as if you do.

2015 Itemized Deductions and Personal Exemption Phase-out Income Limit Changes To Adversely Affect Millions of Taxpayers

Ba ha ha ha
I guess I'm just interested to know how you would regulate your stoppage of work at the higher tax rate? I'm trying to picture situations in which this would even be possible, and I'm just not coming up with any. I mean, when do you just tell customers or clients that that's it, we've reached our top income bracket?

Quote:
Most of them are non-profit, genius. Jealous of people with brains I see.
Oh believe me, when you couldn't handle what needed done, you called people like me stat.

Quote:

Ba ha ha ha
You poor selfish person. Being so cynical is no way to live. So you'd quit working if you couldn't take it all. Not everyone is a scrooge though. I just hope you don't die alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies