Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 04:34 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times

Advertisements

Each time a person buys a gun from a dealer, there is a background check performed through the NICS system, the dealer will require two forms of identification, one of which has to have your picture on it.

Also when I got my carry conceal permit, I was fingerprinted for the second time in my life, 1st time was for my job: and the 2nd time was for the Carry Conceal Permit. And it was done by police officers at the local police station, and those fingerprints were sent to the FBI as well.

This is just feel good measures, it will not stop any real crime. Since almost every person who buys a gun, and gets a carry conceal permit does not commit a crime.

New gun control demand: Photos, fingerprints, background check before handgun purchase | WashingtonExaminer.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 04:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
it is just a way of increasing the data base of fingerprints that the FBI has on file.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it is just a way of increasing the data base of fingerprints that the FBI has on file.
And a database for those who own guns.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:05 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
I read this thing and had to bust out laughing. Now they think people are going to voluntarily go running down to their local police station in order to complete a transfer of a firearm between family members? How do you enforce all this feel good legislation, when you can't even enforce the laws currently on the books? Most of which are idiotic laws as well. The legislature and executive branch need to get out of the right deprivation business and start dealing with the issues we actually pay them to deal with.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
"States require licenses to drive a car or even to fish in local rivers, so requiring a license to buy a deadly handgun is a commonsense step that could save countless lives. This legislation will help states develop responsible handgun licensing programs," said sponsor Rep. Chris Van Hollen, who is running for an open Senate seat in Maryland.
This idiot doesn't realize that you don't license a right. Driving is a privilege, gun ownership is a right.

And there is that term most associated with gun control proponents "commonsense". His legislation is devoid of any common sense whatsoever.

I can't believe this guy can get elected...................................wait a minute.....................Obama got in office, twice. Must mean there are lots of idiots out there.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:30 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And a database for those who own guns.
Because when they come to take your g&s they are gonna track you down by your finger prints.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 06-13-2015, 05:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Each time a person buys a gun from a dealer, there is a background check performed through the NICS system, the dealer will require two forms of identification, one of which has to have your picture on it.

Also when I got my carry conceal permit, I was fingerprinted for the second time in my life, 1st time was for my job: and the 2nd time was for the Carry Conceal Permit. And it was done by police officers at the local police station, and those fingerprints were sent to the FBI as well.

This is just feel good measures, it will not stop any real crime. Since almost every person who buys a gun, and gets a carry conceal permit does not commit a crime.

New gun control demand: Photos, fingerprints, background check before handgun purchase | WashingtonExaminer.com

According to the Constitution and the right to bear arms, it is law that every American must own a weapon, be armed and well taught how to use it(well regulated)

Old 06-13-2015, 05:43 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Gun rights died when the conservative lower case god Reagan signed the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986.

Isn't it funny when politicians pass laws tht restrict American freedoms and call them freedom or patriot laws or acts?

Actually it's not funny. What is funny is the ****izens reaction to them.

Just cattle moving along in their comfortable lives.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:44 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This idiot doesn't realize that you don't license a right. Driving is a privilege, gun ownership is a right.

And there is that term most associated with gun control proponents "commonsense". His legislation is devoid of any common sense whatsoever.

I can't believe this guy can get elected...................................wait a minute.....................Obama got in office, twice. Must mean there are lots of idiots out there.
BBM~~

So you as a responsible gun owner are just fine with straw men and illegal gun trafficking as long as you can keep YOUR NAME out of a data base... IF so..please don't scoff nor lament about those Thugs gaining access to firearms illegally transported across State lines to get into the hands of evil doers.. Lack of mechanism to trace firearms lends power to illegal ownership of killings tools!!

Absolutely no one will take guns away from" law abiding citizens''and IF any Law abiding Citizen doesn't declare purchasing and don't report lost or stolen firearm needs to be also held accountable if same gun is used in a killing or found to be in possession of a felon...

If anyone want's to look at this issue..Just look at what Aaron Hernandez did..Purchased guns..transported them via car purchase transported to home ( all legal) but then funnel's them into felon's hands to do murders.... Legal Hand's get tied to stop such things unless and of course..someone gets murdered..It's a messing business indeed..all in the name of 2nd Amendment Rights <sarcasm intended

Old 06-13-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Because when they come to take your g&s they are gonna track you down by your finger prints.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I have never been printed for anything. And I have a title III FFL.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, whats a g&s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies