Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 04:58 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I live just outside of Baltimore (outside of Oldhag1, I wonder where the rest of those posting in this forum live?), and yes, since Grey, not only has the Baltimore PD been reluctant to do their job for what ever reason, violent crimes have gone through the roof.

My guess is that nearly all participating in this thread have no knowledge of this, but Baltimore is simultaneously the most awesome city in the U.S. and the most screwed up.
Colorado transplant from Howard County. Our family attended a downtown church while we lived there, and we were friends with people in Baltimore city government. I couldn't agree more with the bolded statement above.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:05 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,565,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Why? We're not looking for them. I don't get why people think Black folks are looking for these two clowns all the time.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:39 PM
acw

72 posts, read 73,222 times
...they should send a Platoon of White Supremacist (or Mexican Drug Lords) to Baltimore and clean things up.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:47 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aezsLenEWo8

Look at the white officer on the right during minutes: 1.56 - 2:00 of the video.

He is grinning (it's a little subtle, but he seems happy w/ the current state of affairs).
Grinning? He looks bored to tears. I was waiting for a grin and it never appeared. What are you looking for? The monsters who raped, killed and burn the girl are behind bars, the commissioner is reporting about it and you are looking for an imaginary boogie man?

Your neighborhoods are being taken over by gangs and this is all you got?

You'll be calling white Charles Bronson soon as it is starting to look like a Death Wish movie.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:49 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Will there ever be a day on City Data forum where posters create threads based on the crime alone, without having to resort to other things like race just to 'prove' their usual arguments about how the 'liberal' media is biased against black on white crime and the sort?

The crime mentioned in the OP is heinous enough to comment on and has nothing to do with race.
Excuse you, the riots in Baltimore are an excuse to blame the white man. The riots in Ferguson are an excuse to blame the white man. You think people on City Data came up with "black lives matter"?

No, they did not.

What you are seeing are people responding to these excuses to blame the white man, and the chant, "black lives matter". It makes you uncomfortable, clearly, but that's too bad. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:59 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,758,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Grinning? He looks bored to tears. I was waiting for a grin and it never appeared. What are you looking for? The monsters who raped, killed and burn the girl are behind bars, the commissioner is reporting about it and you are looking for an imaginary boogie man?

Your neighborhoods are being taken over by gangs and this is all you got?

You'll be calling white Charles Bronson soon as it is starting to look like a Death Wish movie.
Dude, don't you get it? He's a cop and these days it's fashionable to blame cops for all life's ills.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:52 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,350,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Excuse you, the riots in Baltimore are an excuse to blame the white man. The riots in Ferguson are an excuse to blame the white man. You think people on City Data came up with "black lives matter"?

No, they did not.

What you are seeing are people responding to these excuses to blame the white man, and the chant, "black lives matter". It makes you uncomfortable, clearly, but that's too bad. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
You serious right now?

LMAO.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:00 AM

279 posts, read 593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
This is so awful. I feel for children who grow up in communities where gangs are seen as normal and gang members are seen as anything other than people to be avoided. That poor girl. Its sad that she wasn't able to see that these men where monsters and that despite being friendly to her they saw her as no different than all of the other people they have no doubt victimized. The fact that she was 16 in college meant she was at least a bright girl trying to make something of herself.
She wasn't in college- the name of the high school is just Baltimore City College. Dumb, I know.

It's still tragic what happened to her.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
That poor girl.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:21 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Exactly, for some reason the bold part really angers a lot of people. I just don't understand why not viewing all cops as good people makes you a cop hater. You would think that the power and authority involved in being a police officer would be a draw to very bad people and mentioning it wouldn't be controversial. Instead you have people saying this is what the black community deserves for speaking out against bad cops.
Couldn't agree more. Its not any worse than saying there are bad teachers, doctors, mothers, garbagemen, waiters etc. Its a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies