Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 03:30 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I find myself constantly having to repeat myself but here we go...

I see no point of decrying criminal acts online, and I especially see no point in discussing what happens amongst black folks on a forum that is overwhelmingly white and pretty racist to boot.
If by racist you mean not afraid to speak the truth, especially to those unwilling to listen to it, then thank God for all us racists!

Old 06-16-2015, 03:51 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Baltimore is a toilet.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:04 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I agree, where is [sic] Jackson and Sharpton on this?
Those two idiots have nothing to say about real issues when there is no chance to line their pockets. RIP to this beautiful girl. Hope those two thugs rot their lives out in jail.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:17 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Those two idiots have nothing to say about real issues when there is no chance to line their pockets. RIP to this beautiful girl. Hope those two thugs rot their lives out in jail.
This is one of those cases where I'd rather see some vigilante justice dished out by her cousins and friends.
I know, I know, call me a barbarian. Point taken, but still...

Old 06-16-2015, 05:29 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,636,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
So Mr Hesster, you are probably right that most if not all of the spree killers in the US have been white.

My question for you though, is why do black people protest and burn down businesses when cops (both black and white) kill a black man that was a criminal, but hardly a peep from the black community for the death of a young beautiful black girl killed by blacks?

I would think they would have it the other way around. I could care less if a criminal is killed in the course of a crime or being arrested. White or black. I would go ape**** if someone killed a 16 year old family member.

I guess I just don't understand the logic of that, why protest so much for a criminal but nothing for the innocent girl.
Do I really have to spell it out? The difference in reaction between blacks being killed by white cops and blacks being killed by other blacks is due to the imbalance of authority and status between the killer and the victim. The same reason people get upset when a white cop kills an unarmed white person, but there is much less uproar when a homeless white guy kills a white prostitute. It's sad, but that's the way it is.

Cops represent authority, and when they abuse that authority people get upset. The black community feels cops abuse their authority more often against black people.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:32 PM

104 posts, read 111,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Yes, It does. More importantly all lives matters.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:15 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,105,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Baltimore is a toilet.

It is no different than Cleveland, Detroit, Newark, or St. Louis, and you can thank the politicians at every level of government for making those once great cities hellholes.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:11 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
It is no different than Cleveland, Detroit, Newark, or St. Louis, and you can thank the politicians at every level of government for making those once great cities hellholes.
Don't forget Chicago

Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Don't forget Chicago
And NYC.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:11 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:

Detroit is in a league of its own, ruined beyond fixing. St Louis and Baltimore are very bad and working on being the next Detroit. Cleveland has gotten better and at least improving. Chicago and NYC have issues but still large parts of those cities are nice and even have tourist attractions. They should not be lumped in with above cites at all.

As far as the poor girl in Baltimore and what happened to her, well where is Denzel Washington when you need him. Time to go Equalizer on all those sick inhuman gang members, or if your old enough to remember the old Death Wish movies go Charles Bronson on em. People who commit crimes like that are not human anymore and do not deserve to draw air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies