Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 07:22 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,321,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Any person who who existed at the time of slavery or the slaughtering of the great native American does NOT belong on any of our currency. We are more advanced now, and greater people exist, those who better represent what this country should be about. None of these more modern people are Republicans or Conservatives either. Bigots don't belong on our currency.

I say replace all of these ignorant men, with Native Americans and Democrats (eg. H. Tubman, MLK, JFK, RFK, Obama).
JFK was probably one of the most ineffective Presidents of all time and RFK was an ******* that nobody got along with. I fail to see why they should be honored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 07:28 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,081,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Andrew Jackson intimidatingly ignored a Supreme Court decision to forcibly remove Indian populations to an alien landscape called Oklahoma, killing thousands in the process, and thousands more upon arrival.

He is indeed symbolic of America's past, one of extreme prejudice. It makes all the sense in the world he is represented on the $20.00 bill.
Ahhh, have you spoken to the descendants of those who traveled the "Trail of Tears" to Oklahoma that found oil on that "alien landscape" to which they were sent?

Old 06-19-2015, 07:32 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,704,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I was hoping this man was going to be removed from the 20 dollar bill but it looks like Alexander Hamilton will bite the dust... Martin Luther King Jr should be placed on the 20 dollar bill. That would be a slap in the face for everything he stood for...

The Slave-Owning, Indian-Killing History Of The Man On The $20 Bill
Andrew Jackson is not just another Democrat, he's the first president for the Democratic Party. Do you really think a fellow Democrat will remove his party's first president?

On the one hand Jackson supported Indians fighting alongside the US Army be paid exactly the same, and fought his own war department so that the death benefits would be paid to the widows of fallen Indian soldiers. But on the other hand he was responsible for the inhumane Indian Removal policies which led to the disgraceful trail of tears.

I vote we remove all Democrats from our currency, that party's past is disgusting.

Last edited by OICU812; 06-19-2015 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 06-19-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Your way of thinking is the central problem with people who support the Conservative party.

The current lot of whites in this country is the result of the great evil that was slavery, where an entire race was persecuted and decimated for economic gain. It's called "unearned privilege", an advantage simply by having white skin. I encourage you to do some research. The hierarchy that emerged from slavery, with whites at the top and blacks at the bottom, is still perpetuated by those who support the Conservative party, the party of Dixie. THIS is how it applies today.

NO other race has ever been asked to endure the level of discrimination, harmful treatment, and lack of consideration that black people have endured. Asking these proud, gifted, dignified, incredible people of great depth to start from a lesser place from the moment they are born, is bound to cause some problems within the race, spanning generations. They simply are given less consideration than any other race. This ultimately is a reflection on the greatest flaw of this society: tolerating bigotry and continued Dixie-think by a segment of this country comprised of people supporting Conservative causes.

Rather than blaming these problems on some trait of blacks themselves, this flaw in our society IS the problem, whether you care to acknowledge that or not.
First, the "blacks" were slaves within many countries for centuries, along with whites, browns and all others. Slavery was a fact of life for most of Human history.

Second, who captured the blacks in Africa, brought them to the coast and sold them to the captains of the slave ships? It was African blacks!

Third, ask any black today who is descended from African slave ancestry if they would rather those ancestors had never been transported and stayed in Africa as a "free" native, thus those today would have been born in Africa instead of America...figuratively speaking since, of course, they would never have been born anywhere unless all of their ancestry had somehow found all of each other and paired to produce. Food for thought to chew on to try to justify much of the "poor me" attitude of today for rioting, stealing and destroying others property, among other atrocities.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
JFK was probably one of the most ineffective Presidents of all time and RFK was an ******* that nobody got along with. I fail to see why they should be honored.
Could not agree more. JFK was about the same as Clinton when it came to "loose morals" and both of them were "almost" as bad as Obama in the office of President. Leave our currency alone.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:02 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,704,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
First, the "blacks" were slaves within many countries for centuries, along with whites, browns and all others. Slavery was a fact of life for most of Human history.

Second, who captured the blacks in Africa, brought them to the coast and sold them to the captains of the slave ships? It was African blacks!

Third, ask any black today who is descended from African slave ancestry if they would rather those ancestors had never been transported and stayed in Africa as a "free" native, thus those today would have been born in Africa instead of America...figuratively speaking since, of course, they would never have been born anywhere unless all of their ancestry had somehow found all of each other and paired to produce. Food for thought to chew on to try to justify much of the "poor me" attitude of today for rioting, stealing and destroying others property, among other atrocities.
Just look at the modern day tribal hatred in Africa. Is it a stretch to think that the Hutu would not have been happy to make a profit by selling the Tutsi into slavery, instead of going thru the expense of just killing them all?

Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Could not agree more. JFK was about the same as Clinton when it came to "loose morals" and both of them were "almost" as bad as Obama in the office of President. Leave our currency alone.
I don't care about his morals, I just care about his ability to run the office. If we had to judge the President by their morals than almost no one should be on U.S. currency. Clinton was more effective than Obama and JFK wasn't even close. He literally achieved nothing during his entire presidency.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Andrew Jackson is not just another Democrat, he's the first president for the Democratic Party. Do you really think a fellow Democrat will remove his party's first president?

On the one hand Jackson supported Indians fighting alongside the US Army be paid exactly the same, and fought his own war department so that the death benefits would be paid to the widows of fallen Indian soldiers. But on the other hand he was responsible for the inhumane Indian Removal policies which led to the disgraceful trail of tears.

I vote we remove all Democrats from our currency, that party's past is disgusting.
I dare say that the Republicans of the time were not any kinder to the natives themselves.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,758,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I am being truthful.
Maybe you'd care to ask the people of Tibet what they think of the loving care foisted on them by the Chinese

Old 06-19-2015, 08:31 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,950,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
So the almost 100,000 japanese americans citizens who lost there homes and businesses confiscated during the internment, the next generation of japanese americans didn't suffer from the confiscation? And the non japanese americans who bought everything dirt cheap also there future generations didn't benefit? Am i understanding the logic here?

Ok enough said aloha.
read my post again, i said what happened in the 19th century, not the 20th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
They didn't enslave oppress and segregate people because of their skin for 400 years!
no they just each killed more than 130 million of their own people, total, in less than 100 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies