Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 09:28 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Serious question, one the OP wouldnt/couldn't answer: what specific issues regarding your race happened today?
Black families were not permitted to look at the white terrorist in his eyes today, so that he could embrace their pain from his senseless murders that he committed this week. This is what happened to my race today. It is collective for me, and will not always be an individual encounter. Most times it is not. I guess my culture is different from the western society which indicates that we are individuals. I must be from a different tribe of people, because I embrace all the injustices that happen to my people in their daily lives.

I am an Activist for my people and I left this forum years ago, because I thought I could teach something, but it is worst than when I left years ago. On that note I will carry on, but I will stay engaged in the battle for my people until the day I take my last breath-GOD WILLING!!

Let me keep this real for you who thought you could post your idiotic posts and stir my emotions-absolutely NOT!! I am a CHANGE ADVOCATE for my people. Your words and statements fall on death ears most times when you write to me, because you do not know yourself and it is comfortable for you to remain in your state of denial. The evil that has comes from your race with people who do not share your skin color is horrendous!! We can talk about black on black crime all day long, but the blood shed will always be greater with the white man throughout the world. There is no comparison. Hopefully, one day you will be free to accept what pains you the most!

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-20-2015 at 04:09 AM..

Old 06-19-2015, 09:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
I admit it. But what exactly do you suggest we do about it? It's not illegal to be racist and stupid. Hatred is not against the law. You can attempt to educate the ignorant and stupid - but many of them cling to their beliefs. And it's their right to do so - until the act out on those feelings. And here's the thing - people hate each other all over the world and they always have - and they always will. It is sadly a part of the human condition.
You admit it, but as I said a large chunk dont, and then we have people perpetuating that narrative with their rhetoric

Look at this very site. go to the Politics and Controversies home page, go back 4 pages and you will see multiple threads talking about minorities taking over the country and how bad black people are.

there are is only maybe one poster on this site who agrees with what Roof did, but there are many who agree with his philosophy.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:33 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Black families were not permitted to look at the white terrorist in his eyes today, so that he could embrace their pain from his senseless murders that he committed this week. This is what happened to my race today. It is collective for me, and will not always be an individual encounter. Most times it is not. I guess my culture is different from the western society which indicates that we are individuals. I must be from a different tribe of people, because I embrace all the injustices that happen to my people in their daily lives.

I am an Activist for my people and I left this forum years ago, because I thought I could teach something, but it is worst than when I left years ago. On that note I will carry on, but I will stay engaged in the battle for my people until the day I take my last breath-GOD WILLING!!

Let me keep this real for you who thought you could post your idiotic posts and stir my emotions-absolutely NOT!! I am a CHANGE ADVOCATE for my people. Your words and statements fall on death ears most times when you write to me, because you do not know yourself and it is comfortable for you to remain in your state of denial. The evil that has comes from your race with people who do not share your skin color is horrendous!! We can talk about black on black crime all day long, but the blood shed will always be greater with the white man throughout the world. There is no comparison. Hopefully, one day you will be free to accept what pains you the most!

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
I really am sorry for you.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-20-2015 at 04:10 AM..

Old 06-19-2015, 09:35 PM

258 posts, read 157,595 times
Quote:
There constant denial only makes them attack those of us who do not agree with them or have a different way of thinking. Also know that all that claim they are black here on CD are not. Some are imposters, and they think I am BOO BOO the FOOL!! The truth will set you free, and I know of a race that did not want me to learn how to read, because then I would know the truth about many things. Fast forward into our current century, and they are mad that we can most often get some of the truth through social media and the news. What used to be hidden, is now exposed to the detriment of those who wanted to maintain their superiority status. GOD has revealed and torn down the curtain. No more hiding! Exposure has done our country good. Bullet and Gun up because the race war is real, the stores were busy today!!
You are alright.

I'm definitely going to steal BOO BOO the FOOL, though. It's now sine qua non for a proper lexicon.

By the bye, has anyone read this article? http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/ma...he-agency.html Just sayin'.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:35 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
I really am sorry for you.
Some day perhaps people will get over their racism and bigotry and accept everyone equally. We can hope that primitive hatreds and simple minds will eventually die off.

But don't bet on it.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:37 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Now granted, I have been fortunate to maintain a decent socioeconomic status, raised in a upper middle income household during childhood, educated post-grad, and have enjoyed other wonderful pleasures of life as a black woman. For months I have been emotionally and mentally worn out by the ongoing racial tensions that occur here in our country. I posted something last week about Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome, and after studying it I saw that it too could affect the black race, but this right here hits it on the head for me. I know that many say, "Blacks should stop complaining." We complain, because we live in a country where we are subjected to ongoing racism, injustice, and discrimination. I dare not ask anyone to fully understand, but with it now having a name- I surely believe that this is what I am currently experiencing along with many other blacks here in the United States. I also am not asking for empathy or sympathy, but along with the other struggles that we endure to try to be successful and live a decent life, blacks do have additional burdens that we have to contend with living here in the USA.

Black America ‘suffering from racial battle fatigue’ after barrage of incidents | theGrio

I also like the segment from John Stewart last night, he truly gets it! We have to start addressing this problem that is homegrown and fix it.

Jon Stewart on Charleston: 'No jokes,' 'Just Sadness' - CNNPolitics.com
This post is making me suffer from ERBF - Extreme Racial Battle fatigue. It has been harder on whites since Obama took office. He is dancing around the fire as it climbs higher.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Sorry, but if you're fatigued over these non-issues, there's something else going on.

Dolezal and Charleston are hot topics. Everyone wants to know what everyone thinks.

I would guess my crowd skews more conservative than yours and I haven't seen anything that wasn't someone being horrified by the massacre in Charleston.

And someone being surprised that you have a well paying job? Maybe they're just being nice and making conversation. Maybe you're young and have a senior position and it's your youth that sets them back. Who knows?
I'm not that young and i work in the most common industry in our region. Something else is going on. These people do not stop at congratulating me, they proceed to quiz me on my qualifications insinuating I do not deserve success. This is not an uncommon experience. It happens to many many people I know.

Your post exemplifies the fatigue perfectly. You are quick to dismiss mybown opinions and feelings. It is much easier to avoid conversations with those unwilling to really listen.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
I refuse to engage in any more discussion regarding what they want to say or feel about what I post. They will never know my plight, and that is fine, but take a look at this and understand how they can continue to avoid it: 11 Ways White America Avoids Taking Responsibility for its Racism | Alternet

There constant denial only makes them attack those of us who do not agree with them or have a different way of thinking. Also know that all that claim they are black here on CD are not. Some are imposters, and they think I am BOO BOO the FOOL!! The truth will set you free, and I know of a race that did not want me to learn how to read, because then I would know the truth about many things. Fast forward into our current century, and they are mad that we can most often get some of the truth through social media and the news. What used to be hidden, is now exposed to the detriment of those who wanted to maintain their superiority status. GOD has revealed and torn down the curtain. No more hiding! Exposure has done our country good. Bullet and Gun up because the race war is real, the stores were busy today!!
That depends. If talking about hood rats or their PWT cousins; most of us of any "race" don't care about their kind as long as they stay quiet.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hey, hey - don't say that.

You would want to live near me... I'm like Obama - you know, Biden described him as the first clean and articulate black in the mainstream.

That makes the VP is a racist and 2nd in power. Maybe he is Obama's white handler?

Old 06-19-2015, 09:48 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I'm not that young and i work in the most common industry in our region. Something else is going on. These people do not stop at congratulating me, they proceed to quiz me on my qualifications insinuating I do not deserve success. This is not an uncommon experience. It happens to many many people I know.

Your post exemplifies the fatigue perfectly. You are quick to dismiss mybown opinions and feelings. It is much easier to avoid conversations with those unwilling to really listen.
Not dismissive.

But there are other scenarios that are just as plausible - if not more probable - than your race.

I was questioned when I was in my 20s at my first job in advertising. Had nothing to do with my race. Had everything to do with the fact that I wasn't a member of the boys club.

If you want to continue to think that everything that happens to you is because of your race, well ... there's no way I can change your mind with alternate scenarios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies