Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 03:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times

Advertisements

I think Obama's years in the Oval Office have made race issues worse.
He didn't "unite" with his speeches. He divided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 04:00 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL I keep my purse close no matter who is passing. Obviously you find it offensive, why? What do you think we go swinging it out there with an invitation for whites?
Not sure why some people think only black people scare people, many white people are just as scary and steal things.... People who walk shady, look shady, get my attention, not what color they are.

We all have that instinct to react when needed. If a woman holds her purse close this should be only her business, not even sure why the President would say this. Most older women feel uncomfortable around young men or older men when walking alone, this is not a........ WoW moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bet the best is yet to come!

Old 06-23-2015, 04:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,461,661 times
Quote:

Thank You, if I could let u hear my tapes of him from 2008 most would realize he is a fake. Most of what he promised, has not come to pass.

And yes he clearly stated in 2008 and 2009 that he would unite the Country, and there would be jobs for everyone. Clearly those two things have not happened.

He was also did you know going to bring our first set of troops back home, within 6 months. in 2008. Yes he certainly did say that, my tapes of his voice do not lie.

I can go on, but u get the gest.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:18 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
As a white woman who lived during the period in history Obama was writing about when he said that about his grandmother, I totally agree him. It was VERY typical for white women, back then, to draw our purses closer to our bodies when a black man was near by at a bus stop. Context is everything. You might try putting his statement into the context he wrote about and a light bulb of understanding might go off in your head. But that won't happen because you'd rather cherry pick and twist things to fit your own agenda.
He could have followed it by saying something like....... we have come far from that era. White woman were not allowed to speak to black men or marry them. I don't see this a problem today, do you?

Funny, you think, I have an agenda, and the President doesn't. I don't see race a problem today, we are not talking about in your day. We have come along way.......seems our President is the one who hasn't welcomed his white side.

Wonder why President Obama would address who knows who and not the music that contains the "N" word or the real people using it.........would he have to take about race?
Let me type this very slow. Obama wrote a book about his life growing up. In the book he related an antidote about his grandmother---the one we've been discussion. I doubt you read the book so therefore I can assume you have no idea what he wrote following that story but if memory serves me well it was something like you suggested...that we've come a long way since that era. He loved his white grandparents deeply, by the way.

I'm not surprised you "don't see race as a problem today."

Oh, and one tiny correction. It was black men who weren't allow to talk to white women at one point in history, not the other way around.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:25 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,636,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Obama uses the "N" word in his speech.
"Racism, we are not cured of it," Obama said. "And it's not just a matter of it not being polite to say ****** in public. That's not the measure of whether racism still exists or not."
If it is racist for anyone to say this word, it is racist for everyone to use this word.

Since the left has demonized people like Paula Deen for EVER having said this word, to the point of trying to ruin her for it, clearly Barack Obama is also a racist according to that same criteria.

The fact that the left and their supporters in the media are not attacking Obama with the same vigor that they attacked a Southern white woman for this same offense is a demonstration of how racist they all truly are.
She is a white lady in the South! Obviously she was oblivious to how hateful that word was (or maybe she wasn't?).
Using a racial slur without impunity shows how comfortable white Southerners are using it.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:31 PM

23,584 posts, read 17,262,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Anybody who is dying to call the President a racist, is blinded by racism. President Obama is right: racism is alive and well in the USA, and if you took your blinders out, you would see it too.
Psychiatrist asked the patient what the series of ink blots remined him of.... each respoonse was, sex. Psych asks him why he keeps respinding, 'sex'. Patient asks the psych, why do you keep showing me dirty pictures?

From Tony Robbins, Depak, Tolle, Dwyer, etc all preach you create your own reality. Encourage positive images and beahvior. This runs counter to liberal absolutism where everyone is your enemy, language and literature are full of racists stories as found in Mother Goose. everyone is a racist and with the mandatory application of 'zero tolerance' the utterance of a bannned word equates to a hate filled monster bent on destruction.

Only fly in the ointment is 'zero tolerance', the cardinal rule Liberals and social justice activists hold over everyone's head like a sword.....Obama just violated. Not to worry the media and friends will spin him an exemption.

Go to an Elsie Cross course as mandated by all cporporations that have to dance to the tune of federal agencies and hear how white men are dangerous, all are racist and there is no place to tell a sexist joke or joke with racial overtones. in other words, zero tolerance. Even asking if a forum exists will label you, 'most disgusting'. So much for Holder's challenge about 'a country of cowards'.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:52 PM

15,875 posts, read 21,466,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Obama uses the "N" word in his speech.
"Racism, we are not cured of it," Obama said. "And it's not just a matter of it not being polite to say ****** in public. That's not the measure of whether racism still exists or not."
If it is racist for anyone to say this word, it is racist for everyone to use this word.

Since the left has demonized people like Paula Deen for EVER having said this word, to the point of trying to ruin her for it, clearly Barack Obama is also a racist according to that same criteria.

The fact that the left and their supporters in the media are not attacking Obama with the same vigor that they attacked a Southern white woman for this same offense is a demonstration of how racist they all truly are.

For someone who has so much trouble with him using the word in a descriptive manner, you sure have been silent about the thousands of times he has been called that word as a pejorative on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, street corners, cocktail parties, and on this very forum.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Quote:
The haters had divided themselves from America decades before Obama's election. His victory simply brought them out of the woodwork and into the open.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:12 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,724 times
Default Calling out or talking about racism is racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama has been conditioned to think in those terms because he sat in a Black Liberation Theology (black power) church for twenty years listening to Reverend Wright describe America as racist.

It is all black and white with Obama.. he does NOT see us as all Americans. He sees color first and is bias to the extreme when it comes to racial situations.

Obama divides us and does not even see his animosity toward white people. It is not merited at all. Obama is the worst president for advancing blacks. He creates hatred and division with his words.
I don't see what Reverend Wright said wrong. America is racist, to the extreme. I would call the commentaries that I heard from Rev. Wright reserved in regard to just how ugly America has been and still is in regard to race.

However, in the lopsided to upside down crazy alternate reality so many people live in who are biased against people of color, racism is defined as - calling out racism. A nice and tidy circular definition for untidy minds.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
The US is racist.

We just had 21 year old go into an African-American church and kill 9 people.

Not to mention to killing of an innocent African-American man in Mississippi because, and I quote, "He wanted to go mess with some (use your imagination here).

Do I need to go on about how an increasingly privatized prison system is disproportionately targeting lower income minorities in order to keep incarceration rates artificially high.

We have two states that actively fly the confederate flag on state property. The confederate flag represented a country that not only killed hundreds of thousands of US soldiers, but was also founded on the basis of enslaving an entire race of people based on each Confederate States article of separation and Alexander Stephen's cornerstone speech.

Should I discuss how fraternity houses across the South hold "Old South" parties where the men dress up as confederate officers and the women as aristocratic Southern belles, a clear representation of the aristocratic, slave owning south.

Or the border patrol parties held at colleges across the US that mock Mexican and Central American children.

Or the fact the landmark university of the state of Mississippi, Ole Miss, is named the Rebels directly after the Confederate soldiers. They football team wears grey pants in direct reference to this.

Furthermore, the mascot of Ole Miss for nearly five years after Obama was elected was a white plantation owners. He roamed the sidelines of the Ole Miss football games. The majority of the Ole Miss football team is African-American. Talk about symbolism.

The state of Mississippi finally got around to making slavery illegal in 2013.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Should I go on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies