Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 02:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,843,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Chicago

More info in the Chicago Crime Commission’s 2012 Gang Book

The link does not state that gang members are mostly "chilldren." It is just a report about youth violence and doesn't give any evidence to what you claimed. Which was "the majority of gang violence is committed by children."

The article itself was only about youth violence and not gang violence in general and there was no comparison between youth aged 17 and below and gang members aged 18 and above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 02:54 PM

89,194 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerphx View Post
You're poor interpretation of a statement is not proof of racism.
What other way is there to interpret "White?" Obama singles out executives as "White" but refers to inner-city students as children without referring to race at all. He thinks only Whites are executives but that inner-city school students are all races/ethnicities and so refers to them as the all inclusive "children."
Quote:
"I think that whether you are a white executive living out in the suburbs, who doesn’t want to pay taxes to inner-city children for them to go to school, or you’re an inner-city child who doesn’t want to take responsibility for keeping your street safe and clean, both of those groups have to take some responsibility if we’re going to get beyond the kinds of divisions that we face right now."
There's both racism and the bigotry of low expectations in that statement.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
The link does not state that gang members are mostly "chilldren."
I didn't say that most gang members were children. I said most gang violence is committed by children.

Seems there's a song about that...

"You're under 18 you won't be doin' any time..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOk8dk-qaU

I referred you to the Chicago Crime Commission's Gang Book for more info.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:01 PM

112 posts, read 76,441 times
Quote:
What other way is there to interpret "White?" Obama singles out executives as "White" but refers to inner-city students as children without referring to race at all. He thinks only Whites are executives but that inner-city school students are all races/ethnicities and so refers to them as the all inclusive "children."
There's both racism and the bigotry of low expectations in that statement.
I already provided an alternate explanation. Feel free to read up on the thread.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I already provided an alternate explanation.
Not sure why you'd justify racism in any way, shape, or form, but it is indeed your right to accept and rationalize racism and the bigotry of low expectations. /SMH

Old 06-24-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that most gang members were children. I said most gang violence is committed by children.

Seems there's a song about that...

"You're under 18 you won't be doin' any time..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOk8dk-qaU

I referred you to the Chicago Crime Commission's Gang Book for more info.
This example is from Baltimore, but I'm sure you and others realize that gang initiation regardless of which city, or moving up the ranks of a gang, requires committing an act of violence:
Quote:
“There could be more recruitment. And if there’s more recruitment, there could be more initiations. And that initiation process will always involve an attack on the innocent,” he said. “Because the philosophy is that if you’re willing to attack someone who you do not know, when I order you to attack one of our known enemies, you will act without hesitation.”
Gruesome Killing Of Baltimore Teen Part Of Gang Initiation « CBS Baltimore

Old 06-24-2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Not sure why you'd justify racism in any way, shape, or form, but it is indeed your right to accept and rationalize racism and the bigotry of low expectations. /SMH
It's not racism.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
It's not racism.
"White executives" contrasted with "inner-city children." It most certainly IS racist. PLUS it exhibits the left's typical bigotry of low expectations. As if only Whites can be executives.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:38 PM

Somebody bump the record player, it seems to be repeating.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:24 PM

33,589 posts, read 18,208,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Obama is right. This country is one that was built upon white supremacist, racist ideologies and for the most part those ideologies of superiority are still in effect today.

I don't see how any of you even think that he himself is a racist. He has never said that whites were inferior to black. he has never exhibited a hate for whites (which would be stupid since he is half white lol) and has never exhibited any sort of racist views of whites or any other non-black persons since he began his presidency.

What I see going on are those people who subconsciously (some consciously) adhere to the ideology of white supermacy and black inferiority and they are upset that Obama challenges that ideology. They are threatened and like a threatened, cornered animal, they many times lash out with violence even if someone is trying to guide or help them to a better place.

On the OP, Mr. Obama's meeting with the police officer and Skip Gates was not racist. He didn't lambast white people. It was a meeting of reconciliation. I really don't see how any of you could see it as racist and that has always been odd IMO.

On events involving the deaths of unarmed black teenagers, if he is asked and speaks his opinons, Obama is not a racist. He didn't lambast white people or state that he hated you. I also don't get where you see this from him.

In summation, again, when I see these sorts of meanderings, I see people upset that their black inferiority ideologies are challenged.

Nothing anyone can say about Obama can paint him as a racist of whites. Not his church attendance not his presidency nor his words on any recent, high profile news events.

Our nation does still have racism. Those that deny it are kidding themselves.
I am sick and tired hearing about blacks feeling inferior.. the left keeps it going by pointing to their blackness. So what.. people come in different shades....lets get on with it.

I dislike the democrats for saying things like Bill Clinton said about Obama.. a few years ago Obama would be carrying my luggage or getting me coffee.. I think that is a elitist white racist saying such a thing. Clinton thinks in those terms and feels that blacks are inferior as if he has that power to make them equal.. No ! They are already equal and no party should have the power to think they can make black people equal.. they already are!!!!!!!!!!!!! That to me is racism of superiority!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies